• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

JeepTalk Gallery

#1 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

The Gallery is now open for all Members of Jeep Talk. You can have your own private Gallery to show and link to anywhere on the Web which is part of your Premium Membership.

This is not like other web albums that have codes, pop up ads all over the place. Members will be able to upload pictures, avatars, movies, link them anywhere (always have unlimited bandwidth), create albums, have slide shows, etc. It will not be as elaborate like some of the private galleries that some of the members have on their own private hosting, but if you are looking for something simple that you can link to and have your own, this will be it.

Premium Membership requires upload space on the server. There is a reasonable yearly charge of $26 (yearly) for 50 meg of space and a higher option for 100mg of space. If you check under "My Controls" under "Purchase Paid Subscriptions", you will see the two packages that are available.

Here is a sample of what it would look like clicki on the Gallery Tab:
Main Gallery View

Member Sample Album, click on anyone of these pictures:
Uploaded Member Album and Pictures

The help tab on the top right of JeepTalk has also a section on "Using the Gallery" that will help you understand a bit better on how it works.
Using the Gallery Help Tab

See also: Gallery TIPS!

Admin

#2 User is offline   YellowSub2000 

• Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:49 PM

I would like one.
No more Jeep. :(

Thank you to all of those whom have helped me through the years. There have been some amazing rides and events.

#3 User is offline   JeepsR4Grlz2 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

me too me too!
Posted Image

Silly Boys....JeepsR4Grlz

NOT ALL WOMEN ARE PASSENGERS

My Jeep Space

#4 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

That is a good deal for the price/reliability & speed. Not to mention that it helps out JeepTalk from all the free stuff everyone else is getting.
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#5 User is offline   TiredPete 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

View PostAdmin, on Jun 24 2007, 02:50 PM, said:

The Gallery is now Live.

We are still cleaning up a few things behind the scenes but all should be good. Those of you who posted wanting a subscription may go to your Member My Controls and apply. You will also be able to manage your albums from "Your Albums" in the Member Control panel as well as within the Gallery.

If you have any questions let us know.

Admin

I really appreciate the hard work that was put into this. :2thumup: It is very easy to use and has a lot of functionality. Those of us who said we wanted this, time to pony up the cash and start posting your pics.!! My First Gallery!!

Pete

#6 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:44 PM

View PostTiredPete, on Jun 25 2007, 01:53 PM, said:

I really appreciate the hard work that was put into this. :whistle: It is very easy to use and has a lot of functionality. Those of us who said we wanted this, time to pony up the cash and start posting your pics.!! My First Gallery!!
Pete

Your welcome Pete. I'm glad I was able to get it done and I want to thank the owner of JT for being so anal about everything. Those of you who know him know what I mean. I want all the Members to understand that this is your own Album. You don't have to have only Jeep Pictures on it. I personally would like to see other hobbies, vacation spots, etc. You can have a Private Album which is not seen by anyone but you for linking, avatar, private pics, etc. You don't have to worry about running out of bandwidth getting those red Xs

We also want to thank some of our Sponsors (be sure to visit their Web site every now and then) and a few of the Members of JT who have donated and continue to keep JT going by helping out. There is so much that goes behind the scenes just to make sure all is smooth.

One more thing. Pete has advised that he is now the expert in navigating and use of the Gallery. So he will be your Tech Support from now on. :bounce:

Admin

#7 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:39 AM

I also like the private album feature where you can hide the pics you don't want us to see which you can also link to and post anywhere. The red X days are gone! :biggrin1:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#8 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:20 AM

View PostJerryBransford, on Jul 1 2007, 06:09 PM, said:

I don't need a gallery but the ability to upload a photo from my disk, a common ability on other forums, to illustrate an answer in a thread would sure be nice. :)

I have not seen this ability on too many other fourms. In order to implement this would take up room and bandwidth if Members were to do this. Many members here like to share and post pictures but as of now there are a few services that provide you with free space to host pics. The only drawback is now pretty much all of them limit badwidth on way or another and violate privacy. We don't beleive in liminting bandwidth so we have a small yearly fee to host for anyone that wants it. We do host the JOM pictures for those that want to enter, they get sent to a special address. Most of the Members that do write ups are gratious enough to use the space provided by their ISP.

Admin

#9 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

View PostRayne, on Jul 12 2007, 10:09 AM, said:

okay....let me rephrase my question..how do i post pics from my albums into a post? i cant seem to find the url for my pics....

Here is what I read in the help file I referred you to that answers your question:

find the pic on website or album, hover over the pic, right click, properties, highlight and copy the address, paste it on the post using IMG tab on JT. Make sure you get the address of the pic itself which should end with a .jpg .gif etc. If you get the address of the website without the ending file format, than that is what will show up and will not be good.

Posting a pic in JeepTalk is simple. Write what you want on the post, when you are ready to post the url or pic, click on the "IMG" icon right above the posting box. Another box will appear asking you to enter the address of where your pic is located, do so and click ok (you can also right click and paste if you have it saved to your clipboard). You will see that it will automatically will have transfered the code to the body of the post with the right code. Do a preview before you post the message, if it comes out fine than click the post box, if it does not, your doing something wrong.

Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#10 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

I just noticed the E-card, I think that is pretty awesome. U can send pics to anyone on te internet. Thanks,

#11 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

After brief interlude with Paypal I'm in for the hole shabang!
Life is short, BOG it to the hub!!!!!!!
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#12 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:16 AM

Gallery Slideshow TIP

When a Member wants to view a particular Personal Album in a SlideShow manner I have found this to be the most pleasing way of doing without having the JT skin reload each time.

1. Go to the Album that you wish to view as a SlideShow (not the individual picture).
2. Click on the SlideShow Tab.
3. Menu will come up, choose 3 seconds and place a check in the box;
"Do Not Show Forum Header/Footer?"

Try it and you will see how nice the transition is. If you wish to view more than 3 seconds than choose whatever time you wish to delay.

Admin

#13 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:07 PM

The JeepTalk Member Private Gallery Interface has been Updated.

New Features and Changes:

*Use of IP.Board internal and alternative cache stores to reduce overhead
*Redesigned ACP interfaces for managing categories, post form, and groups
*Zip import capabilities for members
*Image dimensions display on fileview
*Improved search - search capabilities expanded, search results use image listing format
*Improved full Larger image popup options: Lightbox integration capabilities
*Added ability for members to choose default sorting for albums when creating them, added sort options to album view
*Notification options for new images in a category or album
*Control panel to manage notification options
*Added ability to set an image as your avatar
*Redesigned image view page slightly
*Added ajax controlled photostrip navigation with arrows
*Added ability to find all images by a user from the Gallery tab in profiles
*Ability to moderate albums, including move images to and from albums, hide and unhide images in albums, pin and unpin images in albums, etc.

Plus dozens of small cleanups here and there. Much of the work went into the back end - there was a lot of abstraction of common functions, and a lot of work put into making Gallery run more efficiently. There is now a much stronger base moving forward to work from than before, and adding new features should be much easier than it was previously.

The look and Interface is really very presentable. Not complicated at all.
Don't forget the Slide show tip on post# 35 of this thread.

Enjoy,
Admin

#14 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:00 PM

Wow, if I didn't have my own GALLERY (through the same data base as Jeep Talk) I would jump on this stuff. For the price U can't beat it & U can house & post pics all over the internet w/out having to worry about :alien: . Thanks again Admin for the hard work, this forum is the top of what I have seen in quite a while. :banghead:

#15 User is offline   TiredPete 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

View PostAdmin, on Sep 8 2007, 01:07 PM, said:

The JeepTalk Member Private Gallery Interface has been Updated.

The look and Interface is really very presentable. Not complicated at all.
Don't forget the Slide show tip on post# 35 of this thread.

Enjoy,
Admin

Huge improvement and very easy to use! :cool1: I appreciate all your hard work and effort and I am sure the other members of board do as well!!

Thanks,
Pete

#16 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

UPDATE NOTICE: To All JeepTalk Members that have Personal or Future Private Galleries:

We have noticed that some of you have uploaded really large picture files. Most new members do this at first, even old members have some older Albums with large file sizes eating up unnecessary member space.

We have come up with a solution for all that have uploaded really large file sizes without wanting to do so. This also goes for any new uploads from now on.

There are two different scenarios:

1. We have developed a routine that will eliminate members from having to delete their old large size pictures and re upload them to reduce in file size.

2. From now on, a JT Member will be able to upload any large size file they want, it will be reduced automatically for the large view Lightbox, medium size for posting, and creation of thumbnail. The only drawback to this is that if you load a large picture it will just take a longer time to upload the larger file. When the JT Gallery runs the routine, all will be reduced. By the way, the medium size picture and thumbnail do not count or take up Member space, only the original picuture, which now will be reduced for any JT Gallery Member automatically.

So basically you do not need a resizing tool any longer if you have a JT Gallery. Keep in mind that the pictures inside the threads being posted coming in from other services still have to be 640x480. JT Gallery Members do not have to worry about this since all they have to do is link to the medium pictures any where on the web not just JT.

NOTE:
Thank you for you comments. Thread has been updated and posts deleted to keep this thread streamline.
The full size on the Lightbox will now be 800x600.

Admin

#17 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:53 AM

Gallery Update:

We have discovered that calculations with regards to Member uploaded space taken up by the uploaded pictures were not being calculated properly.

Some of you that had originally uploaded seriously large files and then deleting to upload your normal 800x600 or 600x480 were not being given credit on the deletion of the very large one. We ran a calculation and rebuild routine and all is back to normal. We should not have any more issues with regards to this.

Example:
TiredPete showed 43% used at 42.91 MB. He now has 30% at 29.62 MB.
Sodman showed 37% used at 36.88 MB. He now has 3% at 2.7 MB. This was a huge difference.

Enjoy,
Admin

#18 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

Thank You, Man talk about service, How would you like a job in the turf business??????? :biggrin1:
Life is short, BOG it to the hub!!!!!!!
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#19 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

OK, I want to remove a couple of pics. I went through help, and found nothing. When I go to edit albums, I cannot delete pics. What am I doing wrong?
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#20 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

View PostJeepinIan, on Oct 24 2007, 10:44 AM, said:

OK, I want to remove a couple of pics. I went through help, and found nothing. When I go to edit albums, I cannot delete pics. What am I doing wrong?

1. Go to your Category Space.
2. Go to your Album in question (public or private).
3. Click on the picture you want to edit, delete, etc.
4. Picture will come up in view.
5. On the right you will see a tab called Options. Click on it and you will see a drop down menu.
6. Choose delete, edit, move or report image.

Let me know if you are seeing this or are having any problems.

Admin

#21 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:41 AM

THX! :naughty:
Ian Stewart

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#22 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

We have added what I think it's a nice touch for all those JT Members that have personal Galleries.
Everyone with a Gallery will now see a "My Gallery" under their Member Name on each post.
If anyone clicks on the "My Gallery" link, they will go directly to that Member's Gallery for viewing.

Admin

#23 User is offline   TiredPete 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

View PostAdmin, on Mar 8 2008, 11:38 PM, said:

We have added what I think it's a nice touch for all those JT Members that have personal Galleries.
Everyone with a Gallery will now see a "My Gallery" under their Member Name on each post.
If anyone clicks on the "My Gallery" link, they will go directly to that Member's Gallery for viewing.

Admin

Very Nice!!

#24 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

A few JeepTalk Members have asked but we never gave the option because the hot link url would always point to the larger photo (instead of the medium) if there was one. We have now fixed this issue and would like to get some opinions of the HotLink Url box for the Premium Members that own Galleries.

Mine and one other Moderator's thought has always been that this takes away from the look of the picture by making the screen too busy. If you wanted to link any picture on the JT Gallery to any place on the Web all you need to do is hover over the picture, right click and copy the url to your clipboard.

What the hotlink box does is give you the url, you click on it and say copy. In a way it shortens a few steps. By looking at the hot link box below you can get the feel on how this would look. The ulr in the "Image Link" is the one you would use for linking to forums, etc.

My question is, would you like to have the Hot Link BBCode Box or not have it at all which is the the way it is now?
Admin

Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:13 AM

Would you like to have the Hot Link BBCode Box or not have it at all which is the the way it is now?

No responses... Maybe I did not explain correctly what the hot link box is all about in my prior post.

Admin

#26 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

IMO, leave it as is. I can right click and get the info.
Ian Stewart

Zig Ziglar

John Stuart Mill

#27 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

We are still up in the air with the Hot link box since we have only heard from one Member.

I would like to know from JT Members who have Personal Galleries if the Uploads of the pictures have been going smooth. Please let me know if any snags have occurred or when they actually occur. I've been doing some background maintenance to the actual code and decided not to shut down the Gallery portion of the board while I have been doing this. Any feedback is well appreciated.

Admin

#28 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

View PostAdmin, on Aug 20 2008, 10:00 AM, said:

We are still up in the air with the Hot link box since we have only heard from one Member.

I would like to know from JT Members who have Personal Galleries if the Uploads of the pictures have been going smooth. Please let me know if any snags have occurred or when they actually occur. I've been doing some background maintenance to the actual code and decided not to shut down the Gallery portion of the board while I have been doing this. Any feedback is well appreciated.

Admin

Everything's is working good, but we do need the Hot link box :shock2: It would be nice if we could select the pictures we want an url for and then just get the codes on a box just like photobucket works, I don't really think that a single url address will help much cause you still have to do one picture at the time.

Gustavo

#29 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

View PostTallJeep, on Aug 20 2008, 10:08 AM, said:

Everything's is working good, but we do need the Hot link box :shock2: It would be nice if we could select the pictures we want an url for and then just get the codes on a box just like photobucket works, I don't really think that a single url address will help much cause you still have to do one picture at the time.

Gustavo

The way we designed our hotlink box it is a much cleaner Gallery type look as compared to photobucket which in my opinion looks horrible as a Gallery they way they list these codes. I have not implemented the hotlink box as I was waiting to hear from more of the Members.

We could also set it up on a trial basis for all to see how it would look. I don't think it crowds or takes away from the actual screen main Gallery look but it does look cleaner without it. Right click, properties does accomplish pretty much the same but the hot link box saves you a step in click and copy.

Good to hear that the uploads are running smooth for you.

Admin

#30 User is offline   NonStop 

• Colonel

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

I may not have explored the functions of Gallery all that well, but I would really like the ability to Edit the photos a lot easier. I can only delete by repeartedly going back and forth to select one at a time, and then use the drop down menu. Is it possible to set it up with a slectable box in an edit screen to do a delete of selected photographs.
2000 5.2 WJ

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic