Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

JeepTalk Name Change

#1 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

Lately there have been a few requests for JeepTalk Name Changes.

Unfortunately the only ones that have this benefit are Premium Members of JeepTalk which also have a few more benefits along with helping in the operation of JeepTalk itself. See: JeepTalk Premium Membership

I've discussed this with a few Moderators and Administrators since I'm the one that usually gets these requests.

We are thinking of having a grace period once a year for only one month that you can request to have your name changed.
None of the other benefits of being a Premium Member will be available, only the name change.
If this happens it would be for the Month of May on a yearly basis.

We try to please everyone even though it's hard unless you are in a perfect world. JeepTalk is free and we depend on people that contribute to it like Premium Members, Sponsors & private donations to keep it running with a quality interface and updates. We thank tremendously to those who do.

Update from post #6 of this topic: May 2, 2009
Open month for name changes will be the month of May.

Once the name has been changed Jeep Talk member will need to post in the topic "Introduce Yourself" under the Chit Chat forum to advise everyone of your new Jeep Talk name.

Please submit your request directly on this topic, or privately to any Moderator or Administrator.
Admin

#2 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

Let'em pay for the options, this way it will help JT. I know Obama isn't going to help JT but maybe some others can :seehearno:

P.S. If name changes do occur then I suggest a separate pinned topic of the old/new name in chit-chat or ............. this way if I/us as a forum need to contact someone we can because we would know their new name. :2thumbdown:
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#3 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

View PostRollbar, on Apr 9 2009, 11:18 AM, said:

Let'em pay for the options, this way it will help JT. I know Obama isn't going to help JT but maybe some others can :seehearno:

maybe moderators could set an example by becoming premium members and showing their support of JeepTalk. holly and i will be renewing our memberships...even without changing names. :2thumbdown:

-dave

#4 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

View PostLrdJeffson, on Apr 9 2009, 11:32 AM, said:

maybe moderators could set an example by becoming premium members and showing their support of JeepTalk. holly and i will be renewing our memberships...even without changing names. :2thumbdown:

-dave

LrdJeffson,

We thank you for your continuing support.

To clarify, 95% of the Moderators do have Premium Memberships. The ones that do not, they contribute privately in additon to having their own personal galleries which makes it about 98%. We thank you for your suggestion in trying to help.

Admin

#5 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

View PostLrdJeffson, on Apr 9 2009, 11:32 AM, said:

maybe moderators could set an example by becoming premium members and showing their support of JeepTalk. holly and i will be renewing our memberships...even without changing names. :cheergirls:
-dave

P.S. Visit my Private Gallery (for storage of specific things for everyone we help :clap: my hosting service which in under WorldOverSea like JeepTalk is which is basically more in cost than a premium member subscription to help out Jeep Talk.
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#6 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

It is official that JeepTalk will have an open request for Member Name Change in May of every year.

Please submit your request directly on this post, or privately to any Moderator or Administrator.

Once the name has been changed please post in the topic "Introduce Yourself" under the Chit Chat forum.

Admin

#7 User is offline   RunninBare 

• Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

I don't have paypal...is there a way to become a Premium Member without it?
I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TZBTyTWOZCM
1-20-2013...end of an error

#8 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

View PostRunninBare, on May 2 2009, 08:53 PM, said:

I don't have paypal...is there a way to become a Premium Member without it?

Yes, choose which premium membership you want trough your member panel. Keep choosing Paypal until it takes you to the Paypal gateway. When you get to the Paypal gateway, keep choosing the options to pay by credit card advising that you do not have a Paypal account. Do not click to apply for a Paypal account. If you have any problems report back. Thank you for your support.

Admin

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic