• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Dash Pics, CJ Please post pics of yours

#1 User is offline   rocdiver 

• Master Sergeant
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:06 AM

Gobble-Gobble! :eatime:

I'm redoing my flat dash in my '83 CJ7 with 1/4" starboard. It is really easy to drill holes in for switches, guages, etc. I'd like to only do it once so if anyone has a custom dash setup they would like to share so I can design the layout only once, I'd appreciate it.

I'll have a tach, speedo, fuel guage, oil pressure guage, water temp guage, voltmeter, and wired remote for my stereo (the head unit is mounted in the box in the back which replaced the rear seat). About 6 switches for various lights, etc. I MAY install some speakers in the dash as well . . . I took off the giant dash pad a long time ago so that is not an issue. I haven't decided if I'll reinstall a glove box or not . . .

Also, any suggestions as to WEATHERPROOF guages? I never have a top or doors on her. I would go with all marine guages but they don't have cable driven speedos . . . :king1:

As always, thanks in advance! :cheers:

ROCKY

#2 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:30 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Use the original speedo, they have been getting wet for years.
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#3 User is offline   YellowSub2000 

• Major

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

If you need Vinyls for the labels, you can ask LrdJefferson, maybe if he's in a good mood. Might make you what you need. :banghead:
No more Jeep. :(

Thank you to all of those whom have helped me through the years. There have been some amazing rides and events.

#4 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

YellowSub2000, on Nov 24 2007, 06:34 PM, said:

If you need Vinyls for the labels, you can ask LrdJefferson, maybe if he's in a good mood. Might make you what you need. :)

i love to do jeep stuff, no doubt....but, at that size, it's really difficult for my equipment. i'm better suited for characters that are 1/4" to 1/2" or better. there's places out there that can either laser engrave or rotary engrave custom panels for very reasonable prices....

-dave

ps - off topic...i will totally redo the dash in arnold on the next frame-off. i want to be able to pressure wash the entire rig...inside and out... i like the cj style dash, but will use liquid-filled marine racing guages (yellow and black?!?)

something like this... Gauges

Moderator Message

Picture converted to URL.
Too large to post exceeding 640x480, please read the help files on posting pictures.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic