Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Engaging 4 Wheel Llow

#1 User is offline   MrSig 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:45 AM

For some reason A lot of new jeepers don't know the have to go to neutral to shift in to 4 lo'
If you have a automatic transmission or a manual you can shift into 4 hi in any gear but to go in to 4 lo you must be in neutral to go into 4 lo..
I hope this helps. The last 5 times I have been on the trail their is alway at least on new jeeper that did not know how to do this and said the 4 lo was not working..
Please if your on the trail and you are not sure what to do ask some one for help.. That is one of the good things about a club like ours..
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s
http://www.blacksheep4x4s.org
https://www.facebook...acksheep4x4sorg
Posted Image
Member of CCJ
White Jeep Club Member #137

#2 User is offline   TufrThNails 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:37 AM

View Postmrsig, on Jul 31 2007, 05:45 AM, said:

For some reason A lot of new jeepers don't know the have to go to neutral to shift in to 4 lo'
If you have a automatic transmission or a manual you can shift into 4 hi in any gear but to go in to 4 lo you must be in neutral to go into 4 lo..
I hope this helps. The last 5 times I have been on the trail their is alway at least on new jeeper that did not know how to do this and said the 4 lo was not working..
Please if your on the trail and you are not sure what to do ask some one for help.. That is one of the good things about a club like ours..

You know I just found out how SHift on the FLY works :drive: I have been wheeling on form of vehicle or another since I was 15. I have never locked in 4 High with tires rolling. Always from a stop in Neutral. Prob because that was ground into me. :thumbsup:
Miller, Jonathan
"Baby Kong"
2002 wrangler X
Enough my wife stays pissed at me!

Lakeland Jeep Club

"If I break it. It's an excuse to get what I really want right?"
"How many jeeps do we really need in the driveway at one time?"

#3 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:49 AM

Well if your going to sift into 4 low and you have to be in neutral try to have your vehicel rolling just a little bit when you get in to neutral and it will go into 4 low easier
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#4 User is offline   greenjeep 

• Private

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

good tip.Took me a little while to learn on the fly as described in owners manual.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic