Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just put in a bedliner

#1 User is offline   Alex 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:17 AM

On the way to pick up some oil at advanced auto parts or discount (whatever the hell its called), i realized how discusting that once plush carpet that is about a year old is. Unless you have sealed your jeep damn well and keep it dry and clean, carpet goes from nice to mildewed over night. SOOO i asked a guy that worked at advanced auto if they had anything like rhino liner that i could apply. Well they have some sprays but the best stuff they had was Bondo Truck Liner. At $60 a kit, i couldn't help but resist to buy it. Now i am the impacient type of person which does not go well with doing a good clean job but this was so simple that it worked out great. Now the kit comes with a roller and a 50/50 quick drying mixture so once you start you better finish. It goes on extremely easily and thick and it took from about 1 PM to 5PM with the help of my girlfriend and another buddy. It takes 24 hours to dry which is not bad either. I took some photos so check out my website. Thanks, for more help or information just post! enjoy

PS> I TOOK MORE PICTURES TODAY AFTER I PUT EVERYTHING BACK IN THE JEEP. IT LOOKS AWESOME AND I'LL GET THOSE PICS UP ON THE SITE BY TOMMARROW EVENING.

-alex

the pictures
-94 1 ton YJ - lifted/welded/300 ponies 4.7 Stroker/snorkel/winch/37 boggers 4sale
-04 superduty 6.0 diesel, hemlock performance transmission, ARP headstuds,EGR delete, SCT Livewire, 6" Procomp, exhaust,
-06 cummins 3500

www.southeasthay.com

#2 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:12 AM

Nice job Alex. I'll be looking for the completed pics when you can get them.
I notice that you did this job outside. Was there a strong smell to this stuff? Is it fire-retardant? Does it have a porous finish to it like Rino-liner?
How bout cleaning it (once you have to), will the dirt/mud etc. come off cleanly?

I didn't accept the pop-up macro thingy on that site and the site viewed normally.

:1thumb:
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:39 PM

Nice Job, I have the same questions as Sky.
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#4 Guest_sailor4x4_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:29 AM

I just added Herculiner to my jeep and waited a day and a half.
One full gallon and it's as hard as a rock! :strong:

#5 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:06 PM

Shep,
It looked good the other night at tower shops.

If you like, I'll take some pictures of it at the picnic.
Come early. John (my neighbor)is going to meet me there around 7am. He is bringing coffee. I plan to recon the site tomorrow to make sure there is a grill there and to check out other possible sites.

Joe
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:55 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot...

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   Alex 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:24 PM

Yea, this roll on stuff is very solid. Its not a bad investment for so cheap. Sorry i never got those other pics up and never answered those questions. All i know is it looks great and so far is holding up. I highly recommend it as an alternative to spray down bedliners and professionally done jobs. Of course it may not be AS great but it will sure as hell save you the rust and $350+ for professional jobs.

-alex
-94 1 ton YJ - lifted/welded/300 ponies 4.7 Stroker/snorkel/winch/37 boggers 4sale
-04 superduty 6.0 diesel, hemlock performance transmission, ARP headstuds,EGR delete, SCT Livewire, 6" Procomp, exhaust,
-06 cummins 3500

www.southeasthay.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic