• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

JeepTalk Gallery

#31 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:45 PM

The multiple delete would be a great addition!

IMO, on a higher priority than a hotlink box, although I knowyou have been workinh on the hotlink for a while now.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#32 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

View PostNonstop, on Aug 20 2008, 11:31 AM, said:

Is it possible to set it up with a slectable box in an edit screen to do a delete of selected photographs.

View PostJeepinIan, on Aug 20 2008, 02:45 PM, said:

The multiple delete would be a great addition!

I do agree that this is a very good suggestion and feature. I would have to see how much code in would involve. If it is more than a 30% re write of the Gallery module it would be time consuming and with some cost. Nevertheless it is a nice feature to have even though it might not be used often but it can come in handy.

What a lot of users don't realize is that they have to be careful to remember that any deletions to an existing url photo that has been linked anywhere on the web will be broken upon deletion of that picture. I spoke to the developer of the Gallery module and he also made a good point that by not allowing multiple deletions at one time accidents do not happen as often. He explained to me that in a very old version they use to have it this way, owners of forum boards were requesting to have it shut down as users were deleting on the fly not paying attention. By having to do it one by one it made them slow down and think twice. Yes, power users would not have a problem but it just goes to show you that you can not please everyone. Nevertheless I will look into this.

Not sure what to do about the hotlink box since some of you like it the way it is and some would like to have it. So far only two people have expressed their opinions. I also gather that there has not been any problems with any uploads since no news is good news.

Admin

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic