Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WJ Gear install... Looking for top shop

#1 User is offline   NonStop 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:45 PM

I currently have the stock, 3.73. gears, and I am going to 4.10s , and I am looking for the best place to have them installed, if this was not something that could so horribly affect the Heep, I would do it myself... But I know there is still a guy out there that loves doing this, AND has all the right tools...

I run like this... 2002 WJ 31.4" rolling height onroad, right now 32.3 offroad soon to be 33.5", I am lifted an odd way, sort of a front to rear, + some stuff... I lost a good chunk of acceleration from the new rubber, but I think it is easily recovered....

Moroso, Before, 14.93 was best, now 15.70 with a slow az R/T
More importantly, pulling a boat out of the watter is a little more of a tug of war than before, not even a big boat, around 4300lbs.
I though maybe the next exhaust set up had a lot to do, tucked the muffler up and foward, cleaned up the Y, and went back to 2 1/2" instead of 3" but I thought that would help...Now it goes like this, Engine, 2 cats, 2 1/4", Ypipe, 10" of 21/2" Flowmaster 70 straight back over the axle and out, graduated from 2 1/2" to 3" but I am sure I can get some back by the gears..

Bla bla bla, Does anyone have someone they really trust to install gears. I know this is not rocket science but there are some people that are just so good at some things that they are the only ones that should do it, that is who I am looking for... Oh yeah and I am so far getting the Gears from Randy's, AMERICAN MADE. any ideas though on the D44Aluminum crapper, as far as the best in gear, and the 30 up front....
Dang I am long winded... Oh yeah I am in the Boca Area and would not mind the ride to Miami at all, so the distance should be at farthes north, maybe 40 miles, south, heck I need a vacation for a day or two...
PS, I am always in for a ride, however I will only be running tall skinnies for now, 235/85/16, tall for a WJ, but the 255/85/16 are on their way, gonna groove and sipe a set of Swamper thornbirds, crap tire IMHO but I think it has potential
Thank you fro not throwing your monitor out after reading through this....
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:12 PM

On this board there is a post on Rubin's 4x4 shop, it's 11 posts down from yours on the same page, he can do it for you.

This post has been edited by rollbar: 07 April 2004 - 04:13 PM

*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#3 User is offline   NonStop 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:50 AM

Thank you rollbar

Share this topic: