Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SuperAdBlocker & Spyware

#1 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

I normally don't suggest any program as the competition out there for many of these things are pretty much similar. I'm posting this on the support forum because I feel that it can help some of you actually browse safer without putting up with all the adds, banners and things that fly across your screen and take over your computer.

I've been using this SAB now for about a month after being unhappy trying many of these similar programs. I have to say I do agree with the reviews... this is by far the best thing I've personally have used hands down. :thumbsup: I like the real time protection on spyware with kelogers, does not slow up your computer at all. :2thumup: IE does ok with popup sometimes but does not remove the adds and other things, I've actually disable the popup in IE. SAB works on the fly and there is an option to allow anything.

Got rid of all my add aware and spyware stuff and I now just use this with my antivirus. There is also a trial version you can download and try it out.

Super AdBlocker Home Page
Posted Image

SAB Product Page
Posted Image

If you ever decide to purchase I suggest that you also buy the lifetime updates for $10 which includes lifetime upgrades and definitions. Only available at the time of purchase, otherwise is $14.95 yearly.

SAB Shopping Cart

From one happy surfing camper. :1thumb:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#2 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

Jim, I bought it as well & I have had no problems w/it. I installed it on my PC as well as Peaches w/the lifetime upgrade. So far it has done very well but I haven't gotten rid of my FREE Adware Personal SE yet, just haven't gotten around to it. I just have to look into the IE disable pop up part etc.

I'm also looking into the Advanced Uninstaller Program, the link U sent me is good & the 20 day trial seems to be working well. Peaches sister gave Peach her old (but kind of new) PC & when she removed stuff it messed up the registry to where U could only turn it on. I turned it on & installed the Advanced Uninstaller and it fixed her PC, I had to run it (registry cleaner/fixer) every time just before I installed a program, I finally got it up to date & w/IE7 & now her PC is faster than mine. I can't wait until the new version comes out & then I will purchase it.

Thanks,
JimII

P.S. I just deleted the Adware SE & haven't had any problems, yet.

This post has been edited by Rollbar: 10 February 2007 - 08:38 AM

*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#3 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:07 AM

Jim,

The AU is also a great program. My trial version is still running good and the company just emailed me. They are trying to finish up so there is no problem with the new MS Vista. I'll post the links where to get it soon for added installs.

I usually delete the win temp files manually but there is a feature in AU that let's you do it simple enough. I agree with you, my favorite is the registry section. I have always been a little concern about letting a program mess with this because I have read and personally experienced problems with stuff not running. AU is that not aggressive and their engine only fixes the obvious, works every time.

Talking about Vista. Dell just sent me a free copy of their business version, it will sit on my shelf for about a year. I've been reading the horror stories about having to update your good running programs plus messing up computers when running the upgrade to it. I looked at the interface and there is not much of a difference from XP pro. Prettier and just a few more features. I personally would not spend the money to upgrade especially when you already have a good operating system running well.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#4 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:14 AM

Ya, I will not use the Vista until I have to,. A friend of mine bought a NEW 1500 dollar PC w/the Vista (where U can go back & forth between windows & the Vista program, Lennox) program, he used it two weeks & is having problems, on the third week it's still in the shop & he is requesting a new one. They don't know how to fix it. If I were most people, I would stick w/what I already have.

#5 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

OK, I just down loaded the FREE version (pay=10bucks for the Super Duper one) SuperAntiSpyware (made by Super Ad Blocker) & it works excellent.

I also down loaded MalWareBytes, an excellent Mal Ware program, also FREE.

www.superantispyware.com
www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Go here for information on this stuff in this post. --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...ml#entry1122447

I also down loaded a tweak PDF for XP & Vista. --> http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html

P.S. Bleeping Computer.com is an awesome site.

#6 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Below is the correspondence I had with SuperAntiSpyware Company. I still highly recomend this protection.

Jun 19 2009 (Fri)
4:23:32 PM PDT
Rollbar Wrote:

To whom it may concern. I was told that IE8 is not compatible (updates/protection) with SuperAntiSpyware or Super AdBlocker. Can you confirm this?

Sincerely,
Rollbar

Jun 19 2009 (Fri)
5:01:09 PM PDT

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Replied:

SUPERAntiSpyware's core functionality doesn't interact with the web browser in any particular way, so there isn't an incompatibility there. We have noticed that IE8 closes any web pages opened from SUPERAntiSpyware, unless you already have an IE8 window open before you click the link. Other functions that do relate to the web browser, home page protection and cookie scanning, work as expected.

Internet Explorer 8 is not compatible with the current version of SUPERAdBlocker, 4.6.1000. We do intend to release a version soon that will support IE8, and when we do we'll update the supported browser list at:
http://www.superadbl...lay.html?faq=12

Thank you for your patience.

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Customer Service

#7 User is offline   MrSig 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:16 AM

Thanks guys! I was looking for new software :lol:..
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s
http://www.blacksheep4x4s.org
https://www.facebook...acksheep4x4sorg
Posted Image
Member of CCJ
White Jeep Club Member #137

#8 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

U can not go wrong w/these two. I have been running them for a long time and never had a problem. Do yourself a favor and get the lifetime, U can transfer it to any PC. Just grab the registration numbers off the program when U open it and add those numbers to the new down load on the new PC.

Get both, SAB & SASpyware as found in post #5.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic