Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seafoam Ill through it in this forum too

#1 User is offline   Hogwash 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:15 PM

So one day I was reading some stuff on here and read about seafoam doing some crazy stuff and I wanted to try it... A week or so later I was at autozone and saw seafoam and bought 2 cans of it... I go home and put 1/3 through the vaccum line and then the rest in my tank and Wow.

My jeep burnt ALOT of oil like it was bad probley 3 quarts every other gas fill up and smoked black smoke like a chimney...

Now 2 weeks and 3 tanks later my oil pressure is still at the same level... I havent checked it under the hood but before I would use my oil pressure as a capacity gauge and it has maintained the same pressure for the past 2 weeks which is a big plus... plus no more black smoke...

I cant believe it, and I really wasnt expecting results like this...

I guess what Im trying to say is try it out... if nothing else it will clean the carbon out of your engine and make a white smoke show for all your neighbors to gauck at

best 5-6 dollars spent on the heep.

#2 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

I've used it in my tank plenty of times but not through the vacuum lines. How did you get it through, just stick the vacuum line in the bottle & let it suck or what.

Thanks,
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#3 User is offline   Hogwash 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:56 AM

Rollbar, on Sep 8 2006, 09:03 PM, said:

I've used it in my tank plenty of times but not through the vacuum lines.  How did you get it through, just stick the vacuum line in the bottle & let it suck or what.

Thanks,

Disconnect your hose from your break booster.It will hit all your pcv valves from front to back.Pour it down that hose slowly,theres also directions on it that tell you how to do it.I would say to buy 2 cans of it before you do a tune up and go from there.Run it w/your oil,just for a little bit DO NOT LEAVE IT IN THERE.Pour it in at the auto store and by the time you get home and let you engine cool,it should be alright.This stuff is great!

#4 User is offline   jwrape 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:49 AM

Yea, I ran it through the tank, and poured it into the throttle body directly. It seems to have made my accelerations smoother. I can go ove 4krpms and not feel like the motor will sling apart.
I put it in the oil as well. BUT didn't realize it wasn't an additive and drove it for two days with it in there. A total of about 150 miles.
After I read it was more of a flush, I quickly remove it and replace with new oil.
Now my crankcase is so clean inside the oil is still yellow like honey after many miles.
It's good stuff. :obsessed:

#5 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:51 AM

thanks
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#6 User is offline   Hogwash 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

Anything I can do to keep jeeps alive! No problem guys. You can run it in any other vehicle as well.

#7 User is offline   UCF YJ'r 

• Private

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:57 AM

I first learned about sea foam in the explorer forums and used it in my exploder... It made it run 10 times better, better gas mileage, and better acceleration. You better believe that after if finish my tranny thats the first thing im puttin thru the jeep.... (just got it, havent even driven it 20 miles)

1/3 of the bottle in the tank and 2/3's thru the vac lines does a motor good

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic