Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hood Vents for TJ Installed

#1 User is offline   Dri-washjeepster 

• Staff Sergeant
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:05 PM

Found the hood vents that I was looking for. Took about 3 hrs to install. I have to find 1/6th rubber gasget materal for under the flange area, but for now they are in. They are Stainless Steel, found them at a boat store. Took the jeep out for a ride and the water temp went down about 10-12 deg. The air flow under the hood is great.

Here is a link to the pictures. Ed thanks for lending a hand...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Dri...&slideshow=true

Tom
97 TJ, 4.0 L, Flowmaster 40, Locked, 1" BL, Flatty Fenders, On Board Air, Superwinch EP 9.0, Sync Winch Rope, Daystar Custom Bumper/Brush Guard, 5" Lift, 35X12.50 Baja Claws, HI-Lift Jack, CB, K/N, BanksHeader, Safari Snorkel, Shrockworks Rocksliders, Bevis bumper w/tire carrier/rack, GPS, JKS Quick Disc.

#2 Guest_Livefree_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:10 PM

Looks great, let us know how they hold up over time. Not sure I want Krome on my Jeep.

#3 User is offline   Jack H 

• Major

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:14 PM

You sure work quick Tom. You were talking about doing something like this last Saturday at the Jeep show at Morris 4X4. Looks good but I tend to agree with Lenny, I don't like chrome on my Jeep either.
2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Patriot blue
4" Pro Comp Coil spring lift w/Pro Comp shocks, sway bar disconnects. Steering box & custom "Animal Garage" engine & control arm skid plates. Front Jeeperman bumper, rear LoD bumper w/tire carrier, XJ front tie rod. 33" Dick Cepec mud country tires on black steel rims. Overhead console w/CB radio, GPS. Tuffy rear security drawer, Mile Marker 12,000 lb winch.

Posted Image
Paved roads are a fine example of needless government spending

#4 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

Tom,

I've seen different kinds of hood vents setup. I do like the design look of the one's you did :naughty: (not a fan of chrome though).

Can you elaborate a bit more on the measuring of the cut :banghead:

I would be also concern with water entry either from rain or a creek crossing (even though on the creek crossing water will come from underneath it will not flood the upper engine right away), how is this hood vent you purchased addressing the water entry :biggrin1: I've seen some designs that actually keep the entry to a minimum.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#5 User is offline   Dri-washjeepster 

• Staff Sergeant

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:11 AM

Jim B, on May 3 2006, 07:42 AM, said:

Tom,

I've seen different kinds of hood vents setup. I do like the design look of the one's you did :naughty: (not a fan of chrome though).

Can you elaborate a bit more on the measuring of the cut :banghead:

I would be also concern with water entry either from rain or a creek crossing (even though on the creek crossing water will come from underneath it will not flood the upper engine right away), how is this hood vent you purchased addressing the water entry :biggrin1: I've seen some designs that actually keep the entry to a minimum.

The opening is 4 3/4 by 11 3/4. They are not CHROME, they are Stainless Steel. I am going to call the manufactor and see if they have a set that is plastic. From what I have seen they do come in plastic. When I get them I will paint them RED........ Water is not a problem drainage is going past electrical wires and any that are close can have shrink tube placed on the conectors. The cost of the vents was $13.95 each.

Jim I know you don't need any more chrome you won alots of it this last weekend.... :sneak: You kicked butt again...congrats......

Tom
97 TJ, 4.0 L, Flowmaster 40, Locked, 1" BL, Flatty Fenders, On Board Air, Superwinch EP 9.0, Sync Winch Rope, Daystar Custom Bumper/Brush Guard, 5" Lift, 35X12.50 Baja Claws, HI-Lift Jack, CB, K/N, BanksHeader, Safari Snorkel, Shrockworks Rocksliders, Bevis bumper w/tire carrier/rack, GPS, JKS Quick Disc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic