• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dyna Beads tire balancing

#31 User is offline   fmp250 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:34 PM

I'm going to try the centromatics. I'll let everyone know how they work.
03' Sahara with some extra modifications.

No matter where you go there you are

#32 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:05 PM

Greenlantern, on May 10 2006, 08:30 AM, said:

Thats not good customer service in my opinion, every time i go get balanced or unmount to remove beads its at least $50.00. I asked him to send me a little more beads to see if it improves my balance, and his answer was order more!!! :tdown:

Green,
This is poor customer service. You need to post this info on the Vendor forum along with your scenario and refer the company to this thread along with the thread on the vendor forum. :boo: :boo:

I see that there are other satisfied people without problems and this should also be noted, but the kicker of this matter is that the company would not work with you in solving your problem especially when it could benefit them as well as showing their customer service. :boo:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#33 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

Done...

All they had to do was send me some xtra beads and if it did work hey- my loss. But they should bare some responsibility with their product too.

PLus my rims are not bent, the tires are brand new 31" only. etc...................

:boo:
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#34 User is offline   John 

• Major
  • Group: Member

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

In all fairness to the vendor, I believe they charge by the amount of beads ordered. What bothers me more then the comment "order more" is the comment have them balanced conventially and vacuum out the beads. That sounds to me as though they arent comfortable that their beads CAN WORK.
Incidentally, what wheels do you have? Are they steel or the stock aluminum or other cast aluminum?

IAN--the problem is I have EVERY KIND of weight on my tires. Mostly the FLAT ONES on the inside of the wheel rather then the old fashioned clip ons so I dont think it would be easy to figure it out. john

#35 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:53 PM

John, on May 10 2006, 05:07 PM, said:

IAN--the problem is I have EVERY KIND of weight on my tires. Mostly the FLAT ONES on the inside of the wheel rather then the old fashioned clip ons so I dont think it would be easy to figure it out. john

Then it is time to remove all the weights and start over. You probably have too much weight and they are working against each other.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#36 User is offline   wrangler-renegade 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

Well,, got mine but have not opened them (lucky) I did not have the time to put them in my tires,, Now with all this chatter, I may not use them :boo: :boo: , I do have some wobbles but for how frequently I travel the highways may be worth just sending these back, :boo: , I have lifetime balencing so I think a trip is in order to rebalance my tires and see if they true out some, BTW they are new 33's maybe 2000K miles on them and seem fine around town,and the occasional open road are managable , Glenn

Will see what customer service feels about returns due to thier lack of customer support given to others !!! :sneak: :sneak:
91 Wrangler Renegade, 4.0 High Output 5 Speed, 4 in suspension lift Factory Jeep body kit, Factory AC, 33 X 12.50 WC TRX, Centerline Rims, Blue Headlights +55w Blue (aux) Driving Lamps. Mostly all else stock so far :-)

Pics of my Wrangler : http://www.wrangler-renegade.com/

Help Humanity with your computers idle time, help find a cure for cancer among other illnesses !!
http://www.foldingathome.info

NEXTEL 158*81*25887

#37 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:14 PM

John, on May 10 2006, 06:07 PM, said:

In all fairness to the vendor, I believe they charge by the amount of beads ordered. What bothers me more then the comment "order more" is the comment have them balanced conventially and vacuum out the beads. That sounds to me as though they arent comfortable that their beads CAN WORK.
Incidentally, what wheels do you have? Are they steel or the stock aluminum or other cast aluminum?

steel black 15x8.
Posted ImagePosted Image

visit 5050offroad.com

#38 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:05 PM

K-Keep
I-It
S-Simple
S-Sweetheart

Just like the proven CJ, wheel weights are your friend.

RollBar

P.S. I wonder @ what effect caked on mud would have on the internal beads. W/regular weights @ least you can still drive home. :boo:
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#39 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:02 AM

Personally I think these are simple, more simple than the weights. They are keeping mine balanced and before it was a very bad shake.

I have not yet taken off any of the wheel weights.
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#40 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:26 AM

dont take off the weights tim....\
Posted ImagePosted Image

visit 5050offroad.com

#41 Guest_Livefree_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:49 PM

TombRaiderTim, on May 11 2006, 11:02 AM, said:

Personally I think these are simple, more simple than the weights. They are keeping mine balanced and before it was a very bad shake.

I have not yet taken off any of the wheel weights.

I wish I would have keep my weights on like Tim. I still have a small shake at 70 but I way better then without the beads. I will say that from 0-65 it rides so much better. I plan on putting 35's on my jeep and I will use dana beads on them. I am very happy with the 0-65 ride now.

#42 User is offline   YJWhenUCanTJ 

• Captain

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:27 PM

I recently rotated my swampers and it almost threw me off the road at 35MPH. I went to a shop to have the tires looked at and balanced and they said there's too much "walking" (side to side movement) and that a balance wouldn't do me any good. I had to put the tires back to how they wore in initially. I was gonna try this until I heard they couldn't do anything for the lateral balancing.

Did anyone notice the purple nail polish and fingers in Tim's original post? Last time I saw Tim, he was a young male. What's up with that?
David M.
2003 Sport
Posted Image

#43 Guest_Livefree_*

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:53 PM

Well I had the tires balance with the beads in them and now 45-75 is great. When I get my 35" tire I am going to get them balance and then but the beads in that should smooth everything out.

#44 User is offline   Mountain Man 

• Colonel

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:59 PM

:usjeep:

I have NOT had any personal experience with DYNA BEADS, but I just got the latest monthly issue of the South Florida Antique Automobile Club magazine and they have an article in it about a similiar product.

He ordered a kit from www.innovativebalancing.com for $35.46 and it included 4 valves, a bottle with a tube neck, and a bag of miniature balls or beads. He ordered 4 oz. for each wheel.

This one bit of INFORMATION, may or may not solve some problems with larger, more aggressive tires, but he says this product is often used on large trucks. In the instructions, it states: "Take all the weights out of the wheel, marking down their location and how much weight was inside and outside. Don't discard them, you may need to install them back in the same place. Do the installation on the tires of only one axle."

"If, after installing the beads, and road testing over 75 mph, if there is still a balance problem, re-install the weights on one tire of the axle and re-test. If that doesn't cure the imbalance, try removing the weights, and re-install the weights on the other tire.
After testing, and with no imbalance problems, then install the beads on the other axle."

Another GEM of info was to order about the same weight of beads as the weights on a wheel.

He stated that it worked on his old ANTIQUE vehicle. Also, the product is GUARANTEED to keep the wheels balanced all the time and at any speed.
1982 CJ-7, 31" tires, 12,000 lb. Ramsey Winch.
2002 Jeep Liberty, lifted, 31" tires.

If GOD wanted us to own 2 wheel drive vehicles,
He would have paved the whole earth.

SFJC, Jeep Club Advisor

#45 User is offline   Mountain Man 

• Colonel

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:57 PM

:usjeep:

Hmmm......this is the same product......DYNA BEADS! I went to the website.

Anyway, hope the previous posts info is valuable.
1982 CJ-7, 31" tires, 12,000 lb. Ramsey Winch.
2002 Jeep Liberty, lifted, 31" tires.

If GOD wanted us to own 2 wheel drive vehicles,
He would have paved the whole earth.

SFJC, Jeep Club Advisor

#46 Guest_Livefree_*

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

Thats the same product I installed in my tires.

#47 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:21 AM

Yep same product. I still have them in mine and havent removed any of the weights yet. I went to Corbett last weekend and the mudd is still in my rims and they are more or less still balanced. I have a little bit of a shake when im taking a right curve at a speeds above 50 but thats about it.
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic