• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

$10 alarm

#1 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:24 AM

Guys,

I found this this weekend. Thought it might be helpfull to someone. Its a great idea.
TJ Alarm

He has many other great write ups on his website also. Ive bookmarked this website
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#2 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:21 AM

Very nice and practical. I like the way Stu collects all these excellent write ups from eveyone and places them on his site for all to use. He has some nice write ups of his own too. Excellent source of information. :cheers: :first:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#3 User is offline   Jack H 

• Major

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

Tim, I agree with Jim. Good write-ups and information. I too will bookmark it for further use. :cheers:
2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Patriot blue
4" Pro Comp Coil spring lift w/Pro Comp shocks, sway bar disconnects. Steering box & custom "Animal Garage" engine & control arm skid plates. Front Jeeperman bumper, rear LoD bumper w/tire carrier, XJ front tie rod. 33" Dick Cepec mud country tires on black steel rims. Overhead console w/CB radio, GPS. Tuffy rear security drawer, Mile Marker 12,000 lb winch.

Posted Image
Paved roads are a fine example of needless government spending

#4 User is offline   Alex 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:31 AM

yea stu offroad has always been one of my favorites. He's got some great videos including tracy's roll.

-alex
-94 1 ton YJ - lifted/welded/300 ponies 4.7 Stroker/snorkel/winch/37 boggers 4sale
-04 superduty 6.0 diesel, hemlock performance transmission, ARP headstuds,EGR delete, SCT Livewire, 6" Procomp, exhaust,
-06 cummins 3500

www.southeasthay.com

#5 User is offline   Bevis 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:21 AM

The large rat trap that I set and left in my jeep, for the dirtbag down the road to find, while going through my jeep, worked well too..... :lol:
97 TJ 2.5L, RE 5.5, 1" BL/MM, 35x12.50 BFG MT
Few Dents/Scratches From Roll @ Tellico
...and that tree in Ocala

Caloosa Jeepers Florida Jeepers

"Good News, If you woke up breathing. You have another chance"

#6 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:03 AM

Bevis, on Apr 3 2006, 12:21 AM, said:

The large rat trap that I set and left in my jeep, for the dirtbag down the road to find, while going through my jeep, worked well too..... :tongue1:

Hahahaha. A rat trap for a rat!!!!!

good one.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   JeepN 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

It is a good idea, b ut they are still able to cut the wires to the horn to shut her up, only after its been going off for a minute or so.
I prefer to completely disable my jeep from being driven.
I don't have pics or a writeup sice I did it many years ago, but i'll explane it to you.

Find the fuse for your fuel pump, cut it and install a toggle switch in line.
hid the toggle somewhere in your jeep, when you get out, flip the switch.
If someone tries to hotwire the jeep, she will start and run for 15 seconds till she runs out of gas that was in her line, then the motor dies and sounds like there is an engine problem. no theif will stick around to figure out why its not running.

just remember to flip the toggle before you start it, there have been many times that I'm backing out of my garage and it shuts down, takes me a second to remember why.
This is the best way to disable your jeep from theft, so good, you can leave your keys in the jeep when you aren't around.
Full Cage,XD9000i,D60s, ARB's, MRT's, 38" SX trail tars & 40" Kevlar GY MT/R street tars, NV4500, Atlas 4sp, York Air, Tom Wood's, King Coils, One of a kind character marks

Excuses are the tools of the incompetent

..CISCO..

#8 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:27 AM

Jeepn, on Aug 20 2006, 06:24 PM, said:

It is a good idea, b ut they are still able to cut the wires to the horn to shut her up, only after its been going off for a minute or so.
I prefer to completely disable my jeep from being driven.
I don't have pics or a writeup sice I did it many years ago, but i'll explane it to you.

Find the fuse for your fuel pump, cut it and install a toggle switch in line.
hid the toggle somewhere in your jeep, when you get out, flip the switch.
If someone tries to hotwire the jeep, she will start and run for 15 seconds till she runs out of gas that was in her line, then the motor dies and sounds like there is an engine problem. no theif will stick around to figure out why its not running.

just remember to flip the toggle before you start it, there have been many times that I'm backing out of my garage and it shuts down, takes me a second to remember why.
This is the best way to disable your jeep from theft, so good, you can leave your keys in the jeep when you aren't around.

I did something similar. Should work great :shock:
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#9 User is offline   YJCrazy 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:32 AM

when i wanted to install and alarm on my jeep, i went through a box of my brothers old car stuff and found the air shock sensor from and old alarm, i put that under the dash and put an inline switch to turn it on or off and wired it to the air horn i had previously installed. since the air shock sensor has a 5 second delay, i dont have to worry about the horn going off as soon as i open my door.
Ryan Stewart
black 94 yj, 2.5L 2.5" shackle, 31x10.50 bfg m/t, baja lights

http://www.myjeepspace.com/yjcrazy

#10 User is offline   Wildbill 

• Major

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

What's an Air Shock Sensor? :scratch:

Wildbill :2thumup:
Yale H.
Port Charlotte, FL

1992 YJ 4.0 HO
2" BL, 4" R/C Susp. Lift...plus a couple extra stock leafs
Aussie Lockers Frt & Rear
33 x 12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
2004 Liberty Sport 3.7L 4X4
stock for now!!!

#11 User is offline   YJCrazy 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:39 AM

an air shock snesor can tell if the air around it moves suddenly, its kind of like a level, if the bubble on the inside moves too much it goes off.
Ryan Stewart
black 94 yj, 2.5L 2.5" shackle, 31x10.50 bfg m/t, baja lights

http://www.myjeepspace.com/yjcrazy

#12 User is offline   Wildbill 

• Major

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

JBUGGY, on Oct 4 2006, 09:39 AM, said:

an air shock snesor can tell if the air around it moves suddenly, its kind of like a level, if the bubble on the inside moves too much it goes off.

Oh!!!! :devil:

Thanks......... I think

Wildbill :cool:
Yale H.
Port Charlotte, FL

1992 YJ 4.0 HO
2" BL, 4" R/C Susp. Lift...plus a couple extra stock leafs
Aussie Lockers Frt & Rear
33 x 12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
2004 Liberty Sport 3.7L 4X4
stock for now!!!

Share this topic: