Bizarre Famous Deaths

#1 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2003 - 07:15 PM

Suprising how some people die!
=================

Attila the Hun, one of the most notorious villains in history, died from a nosebleed on his wedding night. He gorged himself on food and drink at the banquet for his wedding celebration to a young girl named Ildico. He suffered a nosebleed sometime during the night, but was too drunk to notice. He drowned in his own blood and was found dead the following morning.

French national hero Napoleon Bonaparte, successful for conquering most of Europe, was killed by his own wallpaper. Napoleon was imprisoned by the British on the island of St. Helena. Scheele's Green was a coloring pigment used in fabrics and wallpaper at the time. If wallpaper that contained Scheele's Green became damp and moldy, the pigment would undergo a chemical change, and would give off Arsenic gas. The wallpaper in Napoleon's bedroom contained Scheele's Green and he was poisoned.

Alexander I of the Hellenes, the King of Greece from 1917, died after being bitten by his pet monkey. While he was walking his dog in the garden, his pooch and his monkey started to fight. In an attempt to separate them, Alexander was bitten on the ankle by the monkey. Five days later, the wound turned septic and he came down with a fever. He later died from the resulting Cellulitis.

French King and Crusader Henry I died from accidental defenestration. When Henry was awaiting word from the Pisan army that their ships and soldiers were ready to join him in relieving Jaffa from Al-Adil's Saracen army, he eagerly turned to greet the delegation when they arrived. When he did, he stepped backwards and lost his balance. As he fell over, his little dwarf, Scarlet, pulled at his robes. However, instead of saving the king, the dwarf fell, too, and both men died instantly.

Francis Bacon, one of the most influential minds of the late 16th century as a statesman, philosopher, writer and scientist, died by stuffing snow into a chicken. He was struck by the notion that possibly snow could be used to preserve meat in the same way that salt was used. He bought a chicken from a local village, killed it, and then tried to stuff the chicken full to snow to freeze it. The chicken didn't freeze...but Bacon did.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#2 User is offline   Jim Jones 

• Private

Posted 06 November 2003 - 03:47 PM

JeepinIan, on Nov 5 2003, 07:15 PM, said:

accidental defenestration

In case anyone else was curious:

http://www.defenestration.org

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 06 November 2003 - 06:26 PM

I'll admit that I looked it up in the dictionary too.

joe
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   bigugly78CJ5 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 06 November 2003 - 11:05 PM

LOL i must say i didnt pay attention, i did it like i used too do in school on words i didnt know...just skip it hah........

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic