Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rescue Location Contacts

#1 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:06 PM

We need ideas on how to set up contact information (phone, email, whatever) for all the different areas of the different States, World for that matter, of the 4x4 rescue vehicles that will be willing to help any agency, fellow 4x4 in need, any type of removal distress, getting supplies to remote areas etc.

How do we confirm, at the same time keep privacy and have the information readily available to those who need it :whistle: Maybe some type of confirmed registration. :shock: We can also create pdf files for each State or area with links with maybe name, phone or email. :wacko:

Please post your suggestions. :wacko:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#2 User is offline   XJ_Jeeper 

• First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:33 PM

i think we should break it down in to regions/battalions and place a person in charge of those counties. That way their is some structure to the state wide operations. and each Battalion/region commander has a contact list.
Not sure what you think thats just my $0.02

Posted Image
93' XJ Sport 4.0L SEARCH & RESCUE Rubicon Express 4.5; RC Series 51; 32 x 11.50 Mastercraft MT's; Lock-Right Front & Rear; Custom 4X4 Winch bumper; Rock Lights; Uniden CB Radio; Motorola CDM1550 UHF; Scanner; 300 Watt inverter; Toshiba Laptop w/mount; Whelen Stobes, Dash LED, Traffic Director, Wig-Wags; K&N Air Filter; Garmin GPS18; CROK Steering Brace; Mile Marker SE9500 w/syn. line.

Jared Leggett, Cdr
Tampa Bay Search & Rescue
President@TampaBaySAR.org
www.TampaBaySAR.org

Posted Image
Designer of the 4x4 Rescue Logo

#3 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:12 PM

The areas look to big to be effective. Just look @ zone 7, wow, Dade all the way up to Indian River next to me. I know it's just a thought & a good one but maybe it needs to be broken down to the something like the Tri-county area like we have here for example, Martin; St.Lucie & Indian River etc. Dade would be it's own or broken up by the land mark boundries. (i.e.) Cut off @ Bird Road & 826 etc. Krome & 127th.

Just a thought,
RollBar

#4 User is offline   XJ_Jeeper 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:17 PM

oh yeah, dont get me wrong, that was just an Example just to get an idea. it can be broken down anyway we see fit. I got that From the Florida State Emergency Response Plan
93' XJ Sport 4.0L SEARCH & RESCUE Rubicon Express 4.5; RC Series 51; 32 x 11.50 Mastercraft MT's; Lock-Right Front & Rear; Custom 4X4 Winch bumper; Rock Lights; Uniden CB Radio; Motorola CDM1550 UHF; Scanner; 300 Watt inverter; Toshiba Laptop w/mount; Whelen Stobes, Dash LED, Traffic Director, Wig-Wags; K&N Air Filter; Garmin GPS18; CROK Steering Brace; Mile Marker SE9500 w/syn. line.

Jared Leggett, Cdr
Tampa Bay Search & Rescue
President@TampaBaySAR.org
www.TampaBaySAR.org

Posted Image
Designer of the 4x4 Rescue Logo

#5 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:02 AM

We might be missing something. I was talking about Country wide or even World wide contact information.

It's not going to happen over night getting people on the contact list, some areas will be empty, I've been kicking this around back and forth and I'm kind of stunt with regards on how to obtain and keep record of this information so it can be readily available to any one in need. The "anyone" might not be possible if we are trying to keep this information from anyone just grabbing a phone or email. A registration or verification process might need to be done.
El Niño

"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.

#6 User is offline   JeepDew 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:53 AM

how about putting some one on call everymonth, there is a toll free number like 1 800 4 rescue
and that number rotates to who ever is on call, then he call who ever is in charge of that area.

something like this
I get stuck in the everglades, I call 1 800 4 rescue, who ever is on call, lets say rollbar, he would call
the local person, lets say Greenlantern, and GL calls me back and comes to my rescue......(of course this is a fantasy scenario)
something like this could work......
just my $0.03
JeepDew
I own 2 Jeeps, both of them
Posted Image
04TJ & 88MJ

http://jeepdew.mybrute.com / my brute will kick your brute's @$$

#7 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:05 AM

JeepDew, on Sep 15 2005, 10:54 AM, said:

how about putting some one on call everymonth, there is a toll free number like 1 800 4 rescue
and that number rotates to who ever is on call, then he call who ever is in charge of that area.

something like this
I get stuck in the everglades, I call 1 800 4 rescue, who ever is on call, lets say rollbar, he would call
the local person, lets say Greenlantern, and GL calls me back and comes to my rescue......(of course this is a fantasy scenario)
something like this could work......
just my $0.03
JeepDew

as far as your reply , i think thats an excellent idea to solve the privacy issue! call forwarding all the way...
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#8 User is offline   MKIV94TT 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:31 PM

:devil: I second jeed dews idea... Now it's a matter of getting everyone on the same page. Responsibility, timeliness and responsibility are going to be key components in order to get this to work...

Dan
07 Black Diamond, ARB Bumper, Warn 9000, ARB Snorkel, RC 3in lift (rear), OME 3inch (front), PROComp 98's 17x9.0 on Dick Cepek FCII 33x12.5x17, Cobra CB custom mount, Bandi Mount 4in Firestick, OEM Rock Rails. 4x4 w/ Locking Rear Diff
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:36 PM

maybe it can be like a aaa thing for off road recovery? small membership fee to cover the phone fees and misc. things?
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#10 User is offline   CodeRed 

• Major

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:00 PM

you know I agree with everything thats being said , But at the end of the day there is going to have to be one person responsible to obtain and hold all that info. I really think this should be formed into a committee and then discussed in a greater forum. I beleive that all counties should be represented and all counties elect a lead for that county. Yes I said elect , lets make this as politically correct as possible.

All that being said there should still be a governing committee to come up with bylaws and rules for this organization. Not just let all the different "Chapters" run free.
Remember when they see that logo you want it to stand for something.

Some counties are smaller then others and dont have representation , the counties that are closest to those counties are responsible for them, until we as an organization grow to the point that we have reps in all counties.

This is an uphill battle but remember this is for good , some sacrafices will have to be made.

One more thing dont try to overextend yourselves for now. Do what you can but do it right.

In the sales world I live by a single motto....UNDER PROMISE , OVER DELIVER.
Think about it.

Now those are my 0.02
CodeRed (No Affiliations)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Edition

4.5" Rusty's Lift kit and some interesting mods.
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Extracab
4" Lift but mainly a Hunting Truck but still alot of fun.
Macon Ga just 1 hour from River Rock.

#11 User is offline   MKIV94TT 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:39 PM

I think it's "Never Over Promise and ALWAYS over deliver"... Just wanted to make sure you are 100% politically correct :sneak: :devil: :angry1:
Dan
07 Black Diamond, ARB Bumper, Warn 9000, ARB Snorkel, RC 3in lift (rear), OME 3inch (front), PROComp 98's 17x9.0 on Dick Cepek FCII 33x12.5x17, Cobra CB custom mount, Bandi Mount 4in Firestick, OEM Rock Rails. 4x4 w/ Locking Rear Diff
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   TheMajor 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:13 PM

I think SpotForDew is right, but untill there are enough members for a "unit" maybe it should start on a State level, except for Fla. since there are a million members there already. There should be "rules" to control members and units but too Official can make 4X4 Rescue legally responsible If some event were to go wrong..
Just my $0.25 plus tax

#13 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 16 September 2005 - 07:00 AM

Darn, great ideas here! :devil: Especially JeepDew coming through amazingly. :angry1:

Reality.

1. We don't have any money.

2. I really like the Toll free number idea. Does any one know of any company that is willing to donate a toll free number for this cause. Maybe even the phone company themselves. Does anyone know a higher up in a phone company that will keep this toll free number on the running without changing the number? As a form of charity I believe that some companies might want to do this. We can list them as a Sponsor.

2a. Who will answer this toll free number? There has to be a way to forward this number. There would have to be some sort of rotation. Person doing this must have the list handy.

3. Two or three people at least will have to handle the entire data base information, there should be an area person that would also have their local names.

4. Only phone numbers, area location and email addresses will be collected, I don't see a need for a physical street address. There will be a reminder email once a month as a reminder to please keep email and phone changes current.

5. How, where & when do we submit this information. We can set up and email address for this.

6. Can anyone answer and add to this?

As some stated, it's not going to be easy, it will be slow. I think we should all start to work on #2, maybe even on a list. We can start to write some simple bylaws as a guideline after we secure a toll free line. We will not charge, & we have to make sure as already stated that any one of us become liable for anything.
El Niño

#14 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 16 September 2005 - 03:46 PM

1. My sister works for Bellsouth in Ga. I can ask her.
2. I have a 888 number but I don't know if it's forwardable.
3. Phone numbers; e-mail; cell numbers are a must.
4. Giving location is a must.
5. Listing what U are capable of doing is a must, (i.e.) winching; towing; gas; food; lodging; flatbed trailer; a place for repairs etc.
6. Wirless lap top, maybe.
7. GPS to list their corrdinates for someothers/EMS that are close.
8. www.4x4support.com was set up for the reason of helping people, it's set up like the Fla Jeepers topics below.

Go here to look @ what is set up for this reason:
http://www.floridaje...wforum.php?f=36
http://www.floridaje...opic.php?t=5190
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#15 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:03 AM

Rollbar, on Sep 16 2005, 03:47 PM, said:

Rollbar,

Let's start with this or get a contact name on who we can speak with at Bellsouth.

I saw the 4x4 support and did not like the way it was set up. Maybe some web designers around here can donate their time in making some sort of registration process form that can be sorted by areas. I wonder if there is a free script out there that we can modify to do this. :gossip: We would create a link of this forum to the registration page. Still debating if we should make it public, only access to the registered person so they can keep the information updated. The help would be provided by the toll free number who would then contact the area person who would have access to the list. Just thinking out loud. Once we have some sort of script maybe we can determine better on how it would work. Anyone out there that can create a script :scratch:

I like all your points with regards on what information should be collected. :alien:
El Niño

#16 User is offline   CodeRed 

• Major

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:30 PM

you know Jim I as of yet do not own a 4 x 4 but am willing to do anything to help this organization. Please advise me if there is anything you need.
CodeRed (No Affiliations)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Edition

4.5" Rusty's Lift kit and some interesting mods.
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Extracab
4" Lift but mainly a Hunting Truck but still alot of fun.
Macon Ga just 1 hour from River Rock.

#17 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:06 PM

SpotForDew, on Sep 17 2005, 08:31 PM, said:

you know Jim I as of yet do not own a 4 x 4 but am willing to do anything to help this organization. Please advise me if there is anything you need.

Alex,

We thank you for helping out as this is pretty much a joint effort from all of us that have been posting here and are interested in helping with anything they can. We are not talking about money but with each other's expertise & resources.

I really believe that the first things we need is to see if a company can donate a toll free line and keep it working along with some type of web script to organize all the information. I wish I knew programing, if I did I would be writing a script. Is there anyone around here (or some one anyone knows) that can help with this :tongue1:
El Niño

#18 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:06 PM

Jim B, on Sep 17 2005, 08:04 AM, said:

Rollbar, on Sep 16 2005, 03:47 PM, said:

My sister said that I would have to contact the Business office of Southern Bell etc. They may want Non-Profit org papers etc. I'm still checking. :welcome:

#19 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:16 AM

Rollbar, on Sep 20 2005, 03:07 PM, said:

My sister said that I would have to contact the Business office of Southern Bell etc. They may want Non-Profit org papers etc. I'm still checking. :)

Jim,

No hurry but keep us updated so if this does not pan out so maybe we can contact other avenues.
El Niño

#20 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:19 PM

Jim B, on Sep 26 2005, 07:16 AM, said:

Rollbar, on Sep 20 2005, 03:07 PM, said:

My sister said that I would have to contact the Business office of Southern Bell etc.  They may want Non-Profit org papers etc.  I'm still checking.  :toilet:

Jim,

No hurry but keep us updated so if this does not pan out so maybe we can contact other avenues.

We still have to proceed like everyone else, just because U R non profit or non for profit they want to get paid unless U are big & they can write it off. We would have to show paper work as mentioned b-4.

So w/that said, what's next?

Is there still interest in this or are we just tooting our horn or just to busy to do anything. ?? :2thumup:

RollBar

#21 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

:cool1: :scratch: :whistle: ;) :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Is there gonna be any action/more ideas on this?
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#22 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:23 PM

View PostRollbar, on Aug 30 2007, 11:20 PM, said:

:biggrin1: :tongue1: :naughty: :ya: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Is there gonna be any action/more ideas on this?

I think this is hard to get started, but If we do something similar that the Florida Jeepers have on their site it might work. Have a thead with peoples contact number for each area/county/city the person is willing to go and help if someone is in trouble or stuck. Just an Idea
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#23 User is offline   Rayne 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:00 AM

The east coasters are always welcome to come hang tight on the west coast at my house...:biggrin1:
laugh......happy now.....I promise to play nice....
Good people means my flashlight will NEVER go missing...

#24 User is offline   deevee 

• Master Sergeant

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

View PostJim B, on Sep 16 2005, 08:00 AM, said:

Darn, great ideas here! :1thumb: Especially JeepDew coming through amazingly. :shock:

Reality.

3. Two or three people at least will have to handle the entire data base information, there should be an area person that would also have their local names.

5. How, where & when do we submit this information. We can set up and email address for this.

I'm new here but wanted just to add my thoughts about a couple of these.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by "handle the entire database information"... but you should have an actual database used for this process. MySQL (which is free) or something simular. The more people you have editing information, the more probable that an error will be entered. Paper is nice, but what if user Joe changes his information, how are you going to be certain that what you have on paper is current? Everyone has an internet connection these days.

5. I'd steer clear (no pun intended) of any sort of email list for this purpose. Setting up a online form that controls who can edit what, who can see what, etc.. is simple to do.

The ideal situation would be having a single point of entry (800 number). The drawback is that call can be coming from anywhere. So, for security reasons you may need 2 levels of dispatchers, one or more (depending on the call volume) that is for the 800 number. That user or users only has access to state dispatchers whom would be called by the 800 number dispatcher. State dispatchers would then have access to only rescue people in his or her jurisdiction (or whatever you'd call it). This person would then call the local rescue person or persons. I could diagram this, it may make more sense.... I can also help with the database design and implementation as well as front end programming if you need it.

-dv

#25 User is offline   Stretchman 

• Sergeant

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

I am not certain that this thread is still alive but I have an idea thast might work.

Most people have cellphones with text messaging capabilities. If there was a subscription type thing, like for amber alerts, then people could simply subscribe to it with their cellphone numbers, keeping their own information private. Then, you'd simply need a link to a site that you could request assistance from. Could be nationwide too, since you never know where you're going to be.

From there, individuals could respond to the call for assistance. Messages could include anything, vehicle stuck, Big Cypress, conact number is bleh, point of contact is so and so.

Or, We are trying to coordinate a search for a missing person in the area of such and such, please contact this person at this number for info or how you can be of help.

Worth a shot?
Stretchman

08 JK X with extras.

#26 User is offline   omarrh 

• Staff Sergeant

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

The whole idea/concept sounds great. In my opinion the best way to go about it is to start spreading the word through the various Jeep/4X4 websites and clubs throughout the state/country. By doing so, you can reach the existing local infrastructures and start collecting the names of their leadership teams, which may eventually create the new national infrastructure that would be needed for this massive type of project.

At first you may encounter resistance from different club leaders who may feel they have more to offer by way of leadership (typical power struggle); but eventually, as the word spreads, it should work out. The boundaries themselves are not really relevant because by using the various clubs many of them will overlap each other, which is a good thing. As people join in phone numbers and email addresses will emerge into a nation-wide database that can be organized by overlapping regions. At that point if you need halp, start dialing .
Life is an Adventure. Live It Up!

Omar R-H
http://www.miamipaintball.com

'04 Yellow LJ with 2" Skyjacker BB w/nitro shocks, 1" BL, Tube Bumpers, and 33 x 12.5 BFG MT KW2's on Rock Crawler 152 rims

#27 User is offline   Stretchman 

• Sergeant

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

I think what I am driving at is more of a central database that can send out text messages to people who subscribe.

That way, none of anyone's personal info is available except maybe the person who needs help.

Ever seen the amber alert text messaging system? You subscribe to it, and it sends out text messages to your phone. You don't have to post your personal info, and the point of contact number is normally included in the text. So, you get the message, you can help, you call them.

Makes it easy. The main point of contact would be the incident commander, so to speak. From there, he or she would assign tasks until the incident is resolved. One call placed, everyone is notified, those who can respond do.

Due to the nature of this paticular type of incident, a system like this could be warranted, since not everyone can respond, even if they are trained, due to equipment. Of course, you may be called upon to provide transportation and communications, and not actually participate in the mission. It all depends on the particular needs of a situation, and it can be grown or shrunk depending on the incident. It's all in ICS, and it can work. A texting system like this would simply make it easier. S.A.M.E. technology could be utilized as well.

If all it is is a stuck vehicle, then only the people who are geared up for that kind of responce are needed. But if it is a lost individual, or injured, then more specialization is needed. But the same systyem can be utilized regardless. Because there would be someone who is the point of contact, and efforts could be coordinated.

That way, all bases are covered, and everybody wins. No power struggle. You throw your hat in the ring, and go when called. Totally up to you.
Stretchman

08 JK X with extras.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic