JEEPTALK.net: Laptops & Wireless - JEEPTALK.net

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Laptops & Wireless

#31 User is offline   Rollbar 

  • Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod
  • Posts: 7,057
  • Joined: 16-May 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Floral City, Florida

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:25 PM

Well it could have been 3 min. but it was smokin'

#32 User is offline   Rayne 

  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,116
  • Joined: 01-May 05
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Port Charlotte, Florida

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:30 PM

i just got my internet squared away finally...its wifi from the tower a mile away..yeah!!! not as fast as cable but very close , better than satalitte because it doesnt go down with the weather...faster than dsl and blows away the dial up connection i had a hundred years ago..it took the technician a while to configure my settings, get the radio right..etc..but well worth the wait!!!
laugh......happy now.....I promise to play nice....
Good people means my flashlight will NEVER go missing...

#33 User is offline   Romulus 

  • First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 481
  • Joined: 15-May 05
  • Location:Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:13 PM

Rayne, on Oct 4 2005, 06:30 PM, said:

i just got my internet squared away finally...its wifi from the tower a mile away..yeah!!! not as fast as cable but very close , better than satalitte because it doesnt go down with the weather...faster than dsl and blows away the dial up connection i had a hundred years ago..it took the technician a while to configure my settings, get the radio right..etc..but well worth the wait!!!

It's really wifi????

#34 User is offline   Rambo 

  • Brigadier General
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,188
  • Joined: 18-May 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:25 PM

Romulus, on Oct 4 2005, 07:13 PM, said:

Rayne, on Oct 4 2005, 06:30 PM, said:

i just got my internet squared away finally...its wifi from the tower a mile away..yeah!!! not as fast as cable but very close , better than satalitte because it doesnt go down with the weather...faster than dsl and blows away the dial up connection i had a hundred years ago..it took the technician a while to configure my settings, get the radio right..etc..but well worth the wait!!!

It's really wifi????

seems she has the directional wifi internet service, she needs direct line of sight to the tower(provider) and they install a wifi antenna on her roof pointing at the tower. at least thats what i think she has!


:rolleyes:
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#35 User is offline   Rayne 

  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,116
  • Joined: 01-May 05
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Port Charlotte, Florida

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:09 PM

greenlantern..you are correct....and it rocks!!! finally..lol....it took about 3-4 trips for the guy to get it right..but it is awesome...plus all the computers are connected together
laugh......happy now.....I promise to play nice....
Good people means my flashlight will NEVER go missing...

#36 User is offline   Romulus 

  • First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 481
  • Joined: 15-May 05
  • Location:Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:03 PM

Rayne, on Oct 5 2005, 07:09 PM, said:

greenlantern..you are correct....and it rocks!!! finally..lol....it took about 3-4 trips for the guy to get it right..but it is awesome...plus all the computers are connected together

I had no idea they had wifi services towers available. Rocks. And they have one out in the boonies? :biggrin1:

#37 User is offline   Rayne 

  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,116
  • Joined: 01-May 05
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Port Charlotte, Florida

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

uh huh...actually i am only one mile from the tower and about 5 miles from "town" i am the only house on the street and only one of three in about a 5 block radius. when the house was built FPL had to come and add the power poles. I am really not out in the boonies..just a very under developed area of charlotte county
laugh......happy now.....I promise to play nice....
Good people means my flashlight will NEVER go missing...

#38 User is offline   Rollbar 

  • Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod
  • Posts: 7,057
  • Joined: 16-May 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Floral City, Florida

Posted 01 November 2005 - 09:33 PM

I just ordered this, :sneak: http://www.garmin.com/products/gps18/ it will be here in 3 day's.
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

'65 CJ5 Navy; '74 CJ5; '80 CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7
Posted Image <----CLICK

#39 User is offline   Rambo 

  • Brigadier General
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,188
  • Joined: 18-May 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:03 PM

rollbar, let me know how you like it? i dont have a gps, and that seems like a good deal... do you have a laptop mount or something?
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#40 User is offline   Rollbar 

  • Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod
  • Posts: 7,057
  • Joined: 16-May 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Floral City, Florida

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:21 PM

Greenlantern, on Nov 1 2005, 11:03 PM, said:

rollbar, let me know how you like it? i dont have a gps, and that seems like a good deal... do you have a laptop mount or something?

I'll let you know. No I don't have a laptop mount, it's a "L" shaped wood holder that rests on the center arm rest.
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

'65 CJ5 Navy; '74 CJ5; '80 CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7
Posted Image <----CLICK

#41 User is offline   Rollbar 

  • Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod
  • Posts: 7,057
  • Joined: 16-May 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Floral City, Florida

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:18 PM

I love it. The thing works great. It comes w/the whole US but I only loaded the Eastern sea board for now. U don't have to be on line for it to work, just plug your GPS antenna in & open up the program & in about 5 sec. (warmed up) you have it. It will track speed, time to distination, time per turn, feet to the turn etc.etc.
It is worth the $$. In the stores it's 163 & change, internet I paied 123 from the Garmin site w/a next day air added.
I went to Wildwood on some business & it gave me a ETA @ persent speed & it adjust as the speed increases or decreases.

I recomend it, easy to use & type in the addy. For the addy once U have the city typed in it stays so U typed in the house number then hit select & type inthe street & (it will do a auto fill in) click find then route to & BAM it's there.

Hope this helps,
RollBar

P.S. It talks to U so you don't have to look @ the screen. Also I was traveling @ night so it blackened the screen & when the sun came up it lightened up, cool. :lol:
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

'65 CJ5 Navy; '74 CJ5; '80 CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7
Posted Image <----CLICK

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Miami Jeep Fort Lauderdale Jeep Dealer