Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Axle Swap, steering and Dshafts???

#1 User is offline   bigugly78CJ5 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2003 - 04:52 PM

hey all, i know this is something im going to do, and these 2 points here, i never hear anything about or see much on and are quite critical...but how does it work on the steering say i go to a dana 60 or even 44 up front?... it it just a matter of buyin more tubing welding on ends and your go?(i dunno at all... and drive shafts...for some reason i doubt my shafts ujoints would fix a d60s yoke would it???... or does my shaft have to be cut and mated with one that would fit a d60?... any insight id greatly appreciate it?...

anthon

#2 User is offline   1BDYJ 

• Second Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2003 - 08:12 PM

BU....as far as the driveshaft goes there are a couple of ways to go....you could use a 3/4 or 1 ton slip yoke on the driveshaft and use the u-joint for that d-shaft to yoke. Also...you can use a combination u-joint to go from Jeep to GM or whatever it is you are using for an axle yoke. I've done it both ways and when I blew one, I always had the other to fall back on. As far as the combination joint, they are alot more $$$ than a regular joint and sometimes not as easy to find :2thumup:
As far as the steering goes, that depends on what axle you end up with. Cross over steering for a D60 is alot easier than made out to be. D44 is a little more difficult and expensive to do. When you decide on what axle your going to run, we'll se what to do to help you out.
Real Jeeps are built not bought
[ ]IIIIIII[ ]
It's hip 2b SQUARE
89-YJ 454/TH350/D300/Rockwells/full cage/44 Boggers

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic