Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hot Water Shower

#1 User is offline   allmyt1 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2003 - 10:28 PM

Some people at the club have asked me about all the parts needed for the hot water shower so I figured I would post it here for everyone to view...

Parts Needed:

1) Oil Cooler, 2” x 9”. I got mine from Go2Marine.com . I bought the San Juan Engineering 2” x 9” oil cooler (it works really well but if you want a very hot shower you need a biger heat exchanger). You need to determine the Hose inlet/outlet from your existing radiator hose coming from your heater coil to your engine block. For a Jeep this is 5/8” hose. The oil fitting connections will be ½” hose. If you have any questions call them at 1.877.780.5670. They will set you up with what you need. Just make sure you have the hose diameter available

2) Water System Pump. I chose the FloJet 4305-510a. You can get these at any Marine store. Go2marine.com is a good store that sells them a little bit cheaper. Go2Marine.com . If it does not come with the Strainer, Order one.

3) 10’ of black ½” hose. This is used to connect the pump to the heater.

4) 40’ of reinforced hose (if it is not reinforced it will cave in when you turn the pump on). This will run from the pump to the lake or whatever water source you are using.

5) Shower head, braided hose, quick connect, and valve. Pick these up at Home Depot or Lowe’s.

6) Toggle Switch, and wiring.

Installation:

1) Install the Pump off to the side where it is out of the way and will not melt onto anything. I made a small plate out of aluminum that holds the pump and toggle switch.

2) Cut the hose running from the heater coil to the water pump. You will need to remove about a 9” section to accommodate the Oil Cooler. Make sure the clamps are attached tightly when you install the oil cooler.

3) Next you will run some of the ½” hose from the pump to the back side fitting of the oil cooler. A valve can be placed in-between the two to adjust the temperature of the water.

4) Then you will run some of the ½” hose from the front side fitting of the oil cooler to the disconnect for the shower head. I ran mine underneath the radiator to my winchplate and placed a fitting there that my gutter cleaner attaches to (No more holding the shower head :2thumup: )

5) The 40’ reinforced hose will have the strainer attached to it and will attach to the other side of the pump. This will be kept off of the vehicle until it is needed.

your wife/girlfriends will not give you such a hard time while you are out camping :amazed:

enjoy
Allmyt1
Its not just a vehicle...
Its a lifestyle

2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition

RETIRED:
95 YJ
Ox Lockers, 4.88 gears, Super35 Rear, Super30 front on 33x12.50 MTRs, Revolver Shackles in the rear, S.R.S. w/ Buggy Springs in the front, Dynatrac high clearance U-bolt kit, Rubicon Express 4.5" Extreme Heavy duty lift, Poison Spyder Front tube fenders, Crusher Corners and Crusher Flares on the the rear, Avalanche Rocker Guards, Oversized throttlebody and spacer, Custom Hotwater shower, ViaAir 550c air compressor, Custom Roll cage, Wilderness Swing away tire carrier, shall I go on???

#2 User is offline   John 

• Major
  • Group: Member

Posted 31 August 2003 - 05:28 AM

Wow, sounds neat, I'll have to get one of those. (gg) John

#3 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 31 August 2003 - 09:55 AM

Allmyt1,

Great write up. Can you please show us some pics. Heck set it up, have someone take a shower and take a pic of that too. :sneak:

John, I know you can also take some pics... you just need to take a computer course to learn how to post them. :amazed: :2thumup:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#4 User is offline   allmyt1 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 08 September 2003 - 11:37 AM

Jim,
Still working on the pictures. My digital camera was lost in our last trip to Corbett. That water gets everywhere :pizza: We have a hilarious picture of Mike using the shower wearing nothing but spedos. I dont think I want to subject this message board to that scarey sight. :amazed: I plan on getting a new camera this week (Hopefully a waterproof one) and will post them later on this week. :jump: :obsessed:
Allmyt1
Its a lifestyle

RETIRED:
95 YJ
Ox Lockers, 4.88 gears, Super35 Rear, Super30 front on 33x12.50 MTRs, Revolver Shackles in the rear, S.R.S. w/ Buggy Springs in the front, Dynatrac high clearance U-bolt kit, Rubicon Express 4.5" Extreme Heavy duty lift, Poison Spyder Front tube fenders, Crusher Corners and Crusher Flares on the the rear, Avalanche Rocker Guards, Oversized throttlebody and spacer, Custom Hotwater shower, ViaAir 550c air compressor, Custom Roll cage, Wilderness Swing away tire carrier, shall I go on???

#5 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:25 PM

You need to set this up and take some pics... please use a better subject other than Mike. :tdown: :sneak:

With regards to the digital camera and your water proof comment. Don't know what your budget is but check into the Canon Power Shot series.

They all offer a waterproof case accessory to go over the camera (go to accessory & you will see a pic on the web page), rated for 100ft of mud depth, take it to the sand and swim with it if you want to.

I have one of their professional camera and just recently also purchased the S50 for my pocket. Surprisingly this pocket S50 takes exceptional pics for a point and shoot. The S45 is the better deal. The other models are nice and more reasonable.

If you need more info start a thread under Chit Chat.

Go Here: Canon Powershot Series
El Niño

"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.

#6 User is offline   allmyt1 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 09 September 2003 - 01:38 PM

Thanks Jim,
I have been looking at the A60 and went out and got it today. I cant believe the waterproof cases are more than the camera. O well, guess it will be worth it :obsessed: I hope to get some pictures up soon
Allmyt1
Its a lifestyle

RETIRED:
95 YJ

#7 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 09 September 2003 - 06:20 PM

Al,

Good choice on the A60. Yep, the waterproof cases are sure expensive! I bought one for the S50 and I can tell you that I'm having fun with it. Last time I took it was when I went to the water slides with the kids.

Shop it around Netag and Neoseeker on the net for the best price.
Here is what I came up with Waterproof Case

I got the whole deal from ElectricSam.com. You have to call them and they will deal, good customer service.
El Niño

#8 User is offline   allmyt1 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 11 September 2003 - 03:19 PM

Wow NewEgg.com is fast. I ordered it yesterday and it will be here tomorrow with FREE!!!!! shipping. :innocent: cant beat that. thanks for the info Jim. See you at Tower shops tomorrow night

Allen
Allmyt1
Its a lifestyle

RETIRED:
95 YJ

#9 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 12 September 2003 - 07:08 AM

Allen,

Glad it worked out for you, you'll have some fun with this setup. :cry: Don't forget to drop this one of you Jeep again... just make sure I'm nearby when you do. :sneak:

There are a few tips I can give you with regards to the waterproof housing as I took many 35mm underwater shots in my days.

Salt water: Ok, as long as you rinse with fresh water "immediately" after you come out. Don't let it dry as it will form and corrode your latches and button orings eventually. I went to the extreme and soaked mine in a bucket of water with a half a cup of vinegar for an hour at the end of the day. You don't have to do this unless your in it every day for a week like I was.

Mud: Just rinse, do not wipe. If the lens gets covered with mud or sand, use your bottle water to rinse and wipe with a soft cloth. Don't worry about the rest of the housing. You want to try and avoid scratching the lens part. If you do don't worry, 95% of your shots will not show it anyway (unless you have a deep one), 99.9% if your underwater.

It always good to submerge along with agitate in a bucket full of water at the end of the day. Especially if it's real dirty, rinsing sometimes might leave minute particles behind.

Wish I was there tonight as I would have liked to see your new setup. Got to pick up Bruno (bulldog) for my dear wife. You know how it is... give a little, get a little... wheeling that is. :innocent:
El Niño

#10 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:26 PM

Didn't John have a shower set up on his JeEp?
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic