Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lift

#1 User is offline   Roadrage 

• Private
  • Group: Member

Posted 17 August 2003 - 07:50 AM

hello. Just looking for some ideas. Im wanting to lift the tj. am on a fairly tight budget. want to go with 4 inch for now was thinking of going with either the pro comp stage 2 or the full traction 4 inch. they both seem like a good starting point . That can be added to later on to get to where i really want to be. (6 inch long arm) . What would you guys recomend as a 4 inch starting point thats real easy on the budget. but is fairly complete.

joe

#2 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 17 August 2003 - 03:51 PM

Joe,

Can you give us a bit more information. What size tires will you be running? What kind of axles do you have... front & rear? What type of wheeling will you be doing?
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#3 User is offline   Roadrage 

• Private

Posted 17 August 2003 - 06:23 PM

Hi Am planning on running 33X12.5 on 10 inch rims. The axles are the 30 in front and 35 rear. with the 2.5 eng. Am really trying to find out What 4 inch lift would be good to start with and be good to add to in the distant future . Will be mainly be sand and mud for now. thanks for any input.

joe

#4 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:52 AM

Joe,

Keep in mind that this is my personal opinion and that you or others might have a different point of view. We hope that others will also contribute theirs.

If all you want is to run is 33"s, in mud/sand, with your D30/35 axles there is a very reasonable way of doing it without spending a huge amount of money. Get yourself 2" spacers, 1" body lift, (1" motor mount lift, not needed but helpfull) front disconnects, and extended swaybar links for the rear. Go have fun, you will be surprise how much you can do with this set up. Check your droop and if your not happy get some extended shocks.

There are a few guys that I know that have this setup and doing well. If they are on this forum hopefully they will chime in.

There is no need to go 4" lift, a 3.5 will suffice to fit 33" tires (most of these kit use the stock arms). Rubicon express has a reasonably priced 3.5 standard kit that will allow you to do this. The Full Traction kit that I have no experience with looks like an excellent setup. Not enough people have them to get any kind of feedback. I would look into FT and RE if I was going to go with a 4.5 or 6" later on. Some of the preliminary things I've been hearing on full traction seems pretty good.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#5 User is offline   Mr.Bead 

• First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2003 - 03:42 PM

joe,

i'm currently running a skyjacker 4" singleflexon my 01 tj with 35"x 12.50 x 15 bfg mudterrain on 15 x 8 rims and only had minimal rub at extreme flex. when i added a winch i also had to add a 1 3/4 coil spring spacer to compensate for the weight of the winch. i think jim's recommendations are right on the money for budget reasons and only running 33's for mud and sand. good luck and keep us posted. Lee
2001 TJ SAHARA, sitting on jackstands in my garage 1/2 built............ Dreaming of wheeling it again soon

#6 User is offline   Roadrage 

• Private

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the advice. Looks like the RE3.5 is just the ticket. Wife just said if hold out till end next month might even swing the 3.5 flex. The 31"s running now will have to do till tax time.

#7 User is offline   281 QuadCam 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 19 August 2003 - 12:41 AM

my friend gabe has the exact setup described by jim, minus the motor lift and front disconnects... hes been doing pretty good with it, and it has been through stuff that i thought he wouldnt make it through. the 33's are TSL's.

hes going to a D44/ford 9" like me now... but only to go turn bigger meat, the original setup gave him no trouble.
1979 CJ5/258/T150/D20/M20/D30/up3/33x12.5

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic