Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WJ to TJ/CJ/XJ Steering Conversion

#1 User is offline   NonStop 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:16 AM

Though some of you might like this, it is the heavier stuff from the WJ as well as great replacement parts, the guy selling it is a JU regular and has had no problems with anyone, so instead of aquiring all the parts and paying a lot more... Steering components on EBAY

Description (revised)
NEW NEW NEW

This is a TIE ROD and DRAGLINK conversion that can be used on many different Jeeps. You will need to get the WJ knuckles and a few other pieces and parts.

This can be done on a TJ, XJ, and ZJ.
Here is a link to the conversion info.
WJ Steering Convertion Install for TJ, CJ & ZJ

1 - OGS955 - Tie Rod with 24mm threads
1 - OGS956 - Drag Link with 24mm threads
2 - OGS957 - Jam Nuts for 24mm threads, LH & RH
All 4 TRE's(Tie Rod Ends) NEW MOOG parts.
1 - 52088511
1 - 52088512
1 - 52088869-AA
1 - 52088870-AA
With the ORGS Tie Rod and Draglink in the picture.
2000 5.2 WJ

#2 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:22 AM

Nonstopwj,

Good post, a few guys around here were actually talking about going this route on their TJs. The install and parts info are excellent.

Apparently their Currie setups are not doing too well. So far the Alumiflex rods seem to be doing ok but I don't know of anyone personally that has used it for multiple hard trip trails to really convince me 100% on it, I'm about 80% convinced though.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#3 User is offline   NonStop 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:49 PM

Can't go too deep right now but to put it very simply, my steering components are under huge amounts of stress at all times, I am a very aggressive driver and take all chances, well curbs and small cars.... But I replaced most of my stuff with Moog and other components, a long time ago, and I promise that the aftermarket ends and such are strong enough and then some for the TJ's even ones flying through the mud, my 5100lbs landing on this stuff regularly, landing yes not bouncing, never break before showing signs of wear, but no dissapointments... as far as the Tie rod itself, I might have an odd suggestion, take a look under the 2002 and newer WJ's and get a load of the 1 1/8"+ bar they gave us and then the $80 tag, I have no need to go much further, I have twisted two and accidentized one. I would go right to the dealer just for the fact that is regularly available... I have had the Alumi Flex in my hands and while I applaud the idea and excecution I have no use for Aluminum in any supsension piece or steering unless it is a sacraficail part, period, I have heard nothing bad about them but I would destroy it period... I have some great write ups at home and will send some photos of an XJ with this set up having a winch strap tug of war with a boulder on upper Heldorado and it just looks like one of those should not have turned moments and it steered straight all the way to grand junction and beyond...
2000 5.2 WJ

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic