• Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:06 PM

or am I just slow?... don't answer that. haha

"Forthcoming Calendar Events within the next 30 days"

Now that's funny right there..

:jump:
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:49 AM

sky6, on Apr 16 2005, 05:06 PM, said:

"Forthcoming Calendar Events within the next 30 days"

No... your not that slow. :D

We added these a few days ago. All the graphics were like the first row on Active Users.

I need some feed back... does it look better? I have a pie with a slice for the Statistics row instead of the 3 vertical bars and a bubble with a smiley for the Active Users row... let me know what you guys think and I can change them out.

Will also need some feedback if we should remove the birthday row as it was not there before and now it is. If any member enters his birthday in his personal user panel, JeepTalk will place it there when it's time. Do you people think it is something ok to have, or should we remove it altogether since it will only announce it on a daily basis?

Admin

#3 User is offline   FrOeKk 

• Captain

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:04 AM

I like it! It keeps that community oriented feel to the forum!! :ya: :ya:
MySpace

My Jeep Space

My Mud Space

ShopToEarn.net......give me 5 minutes and you'll see.

Also deleted and edited for everyone's satisfaction.................like Rayne.

#4 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:21 PM

I also like the graphics... try the pie shape and see how it looks.

(I'm glad I'm not t h a t slow)

:jump:
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:29 AM

Ok, I've changed the graphics on the Active users.
Old: Posted Image New: Posted Image

Here are other options:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

For the Birthdays we had pretty much similar to the old User graphic. It is now a cake.
Posted Image

Here are the other options:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

My question is... should we remove this section all together :ya:

You have seen the current Calendar after the first change: Posted Image
Here are other options:
Posted Image Posted Image

Here is the current Statistic:
Posted Image

Here are other Options:

Most of these look good. When you give your opinion, please give me the best two in each categories that you like. We appreciate the input. Admin

#6 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:29 AM

I dont think it should be removed but on the calander could it be possible to place small icon in front of the events so you can easily tell what it might be? ie. birthday, meeting, ride, other..... ect.
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#7 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:11 AM

TombRaiderTim, on Apr 19 2005, 08:29 AM, said:

could it be possible to place small icon in front of the events so you can easily tell what it might be? ie. birthday, meeting, ride, other..... ect.

Too much code, the loading resource for a dial up user would be even more. It would also require the poster of the event to choose from a menu, this does not happen if at all. Look at how many members do not modify or use their control panel, one of the reasons only a few birthdays will show up.

Have you seen any other forums with what you mentioned with regards to the calendar?

You forgot to give me your opinion on the graphics you prefer....

#8 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:50 PM

OK, here's my choices:

User:

b-day:

calendar:

statistic:
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#9 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:43 PM

Admin, on Apr 19 2005, 09:11 AM, said:

TombRaiderTim, on Apr 19 2005, 08:29 AM, said:

could it be possible to place small icon in front of the events so you can easily tell what it might be? ie. birthday, meeting, ride, other..... ect.

Too much code, the loading resource for a dial up user would be even more. It would also require the poster of the event to choose from a menu, this does not happen if at all. Look at how many members do not modify or use their control panel, one of the reasons only a few birthdays will show up.

Have you seen any other forums with what you mentioned with regards to the calendar?

You forgot to give me your opinion on the graphics you prefer....

I only said that because some months there are alot of birthdays and you have to shift thought them to get down to the meetings & other events.

Well my choices are

User:
Posted ImagePosted Image

For the Birthdays:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Calendar :
Posted Image

Statistic:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Tim

4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#10 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:45 AM

For the few of you that provided your input, thank you.

I've changed to the new graphics. I did add another pie chart in the prior post that is more colorful, how do you people like that one as compared to the one being displayed on the main page?

Admin

#11 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:39 PM

I like the bar graphs they can keep growing taller. The pie charts are always the same size just the pieces change size and i dont want someone else to have a bigger piece of the pie than me :sneak:
Tim

'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.

#12 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:41 AM

TombRaiderTim, on Apr 20 2005, 05:39 PM, said:

I like the bar graphs they can keep growing taller.

Yes I agree, they look better. I found a better one that I changed out.

I've added graphic buttons on the top right menu, let me know how you people like them and if I should take them out. My concern is that with all these additions the Board might take slightly longer to load at first. Has anyone noticed any decreased in loading speed from page to page? Do not confused this with your ISP being sluggish at certain times as this has nothing to do with the JeepTalk's bandwidth.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic