Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Section Request The Funny Farm Photo Gallery

#1 User is offline   YJWhenUCanTJ 

• Captain
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:39 PM

I would like to add (and possibly even moderate) a new section on Jeep Talk. My idea is to post a photograph periodically that is Jeep-related (and we all know there's tons of those pics around) and have people add a caption for the photo. The captions will be voted on and the wieners displayed kinda like the Jeep of the Month winners either in the column or hopefully we can get a section for the funny farm photo gallery for the wieners.

I only have one guideline (unlike the jeep of the month guidelines written by the Germans over there): the photographs allow for funny captions; they involve action and people instead of just posing shots. So, this guideline is really on the people who will moderate and post the pictures, if they pic bad pictures, then the content will suck.

I got this idea from browsing all the pics Jim and I have from Grayrock. There are plenty there that could really split sides! What do ya'll think?
David M.
2003 Sport
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:19 PM

I like it. :drunk:
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   JeepDew 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:39 PM

(unlike the jeep of the month guidelines written by the Germans over there)
I feel your pain............................... :drunk: :sneak:

and I like the idea.........any thing to :boiling: the Germans
I own 2 Jeeps, both of them
Posted Image
04TJ & 88MJ

http://jeepdew.mybrute.com / my brute will kick your brute's @$$

#4 User is offline   hiway 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

Any pictures are a good thing :drunk:
97 TJ Sport, 4" Superlift, 15x10's, 33" MTR's, Flowmaster, 8000# winch, doodads. 4:10's ready Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:20 PM

since every one is going against the current here, i am gonna put a stop to it!

i am with jim AKA allied forces, if you all do your research you will notice jim is one of the few people with a beautifully restored ww2 jeep willys.

so stop the german thing!

#2 just because you guys havent won j.o.m. doesnt mean you are allowed to perform treason on jeep talk!!!

Go out on a trail and take a pic and post it for jom and maybe you will win like me jan 05 , ---baby------ YEA!!! :batman:
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#6 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:06 AM

Greenlantern, on Apr 7 2005, 09:20 PM, said:

i am with jim AKA allied forces,

:drunk: :lol: :cook:

Go out on a trail and take a pic and post it for jom and maybe you will win like me          jan 05 ,  ---baby------ YEA!!!    :batman:

:lol: :lol: :devil:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#7 User is offline   YJWhenUCanTJ 

• Captain

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:14 AM

i am with jim AKA allied forces, if you all do your research you will notice jim is one of the few people with a beautifully restored ww2 jeep willys.

so stop the german thing!

#2 just because you guys havent won j.o.m. doesnt mean you are allowed to perform treason on jeep talk!!!

Go out on a trail and take a pic and post it for jom and maybe you will win like me jan 05 , ---baby------ YEA!!! :batman:

Damn, greenlantern using deductive reasoning to show Jim is not a communist. Jane Fonda is still a communist, I don't care if she owns a pair of camoflauge pants or not. How many men still wouldn't have knocked the bottom out of her even at that time? :no:

I hope that trying to add more entertaining content to the website doesn't constitute treason. Hey, if it sucks, then it goes away right?

Congrats on the JOM weiner award. :cry:
David M.
2003 Sport
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:40 AM

thats true david , thats why i hate the atlanta braves... ted turner and jane = commies... :wacko:

by the way, your idea doesnt suck... i like it too, but since jeepdoo :no: got it on the subject i had to step in to even things out :strong:

:cry:
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#9 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:50 AM

Been out fixing things for the past few days and I have not been able to join the fun of this thread. Still fixing today my AC unit, along with my GC but that's another story.

Now to get back to the topic before I go back to the coal mines. I know this is all in fun and I'm glad I get to participate, so let me start out by responding to the left wingers.

Just because we have a set of guidelines on the JOM section does not mean we are Germans (let me clarify... old era as I have friends that are from Germany). I originally took this idea from another BBS which only allow action shots and have stricter guidelines than we do. If you read them they are fair & allow everyone to participate on a personal basis. That said... we live in a society where there are laws and "guidelines". One comes to mind as being the Constitution of the US. I might not agree with some of them but I hardly believe that I'm living in the old Germany of WWII. So for you left wingers that think we out to remove all guidelines... think again.

Now the idea of this caption section seem to be a pretty good one. Since David came up with it he should be the one to Moderate unless any one has any objections I'm sure the Admin would not have a problem.

David, I understand the explanation on the first paragraph but I'm a bit confused on what you said on the second. Can you please be more explicit or give us an example of what you mean on this thread :cry:
El Niņo

"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.

#10 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:15 AM

Well, the Germans must be on the run. One recently said to me, "Achtung, dumbkoph, vie vill get you for zies".

Man, them Germs are tough. :cry:
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   YJWhenUCanTJ 

• Captain

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:42 PM

Jim B, on Apr 9 2005, 08:50 AM, said:

David, I understand the explanation on the first paragraph but I'm a bit confused on what you said on the second. Can you please be more explicit or give us an example of what you mean on this thread :cry:

Ah Jim, you know I'm just ribbin' ya. Hey, one of the first things you said to me is, "I hope you have thick skin." Has yours worn away some? :no:

About the second paragraph. I guess I'm trying to say that the success of the new section will not only be from participation, but on the pictures selected by the moderator. If I were to be the moderator, and I would gladly take on that role, and I chose pictures that were bland, poorly taken, or just plain boring, it would be difficult for people to think up funny captions. It would be even more of a task to choose the winner as I would guess the entries wouldn't be very funny either. I hope that was more clear.
David M.
2003 Sport
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:01 PM

YJWhenUCanTJ, on Apr 9 2005, 01:42 PM, said:

Ah Jim, you know I'm just ribbin' ya. Hey, one of the first things you said to me is, "I hope you have thick skin." Has yours worn away some?  :wacko:

David, I did not take anything seriously, I was just worried about JeepDew. :no: You see... I've seen what Greenlantern can do with his bare hands :bravo: & wanted to ease a bit of tension for you two guys with regards to ted turner, jane & commies. :wub: :bluto:

Btw, sounds good on the new section, :wub: I'm going to get Admin involved, what do you want to call it :cry: If there is no activity, or it does not work, he can always get rid of it.
El Niņo

#13 User is offline   YJWhenUCanTJ 

• Captain

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:05 PM

Funny Farm Photo Gallery?
David M.
2003 Sport
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:38 PM

YJWhenUCanTJ, on Apr 9 2005, 06:05 PM, said:

Funny Farm Photo Gallery

YJWhenyoucanTJ,

With regards to your suggestion for a new forum called "Funny Farm Photo Gallery".

There was enough initial interest and private requests to initiate this forum. We have created this section with you as the Moderator.

Please do the following... Create a topic that will be pinned to the top explaining any guidelines you may have if any, along with detailed instructions for all the members of JeepTalk on how, what, and what you are looking for.

I've temporarily created a description for the forum under the title. If you wish to change this description please advise on how you want it to read. Only you will be able to see the Moderator panel on the bottom right. Please visit this panel so that you can see your options. If you have any questions, let us know. If you wish to terminate this forum at any time feel free to contact me.

Have fun,
Admin

#15 User is offline   grinch 

• Sergeant FirstClass

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

Jim B, on Apr 9 2005, 08:50 AM, said:

Still fixing today my AC unit, along with my GC but that's another story.

What's a GC?

Jason
95 YJ, 4.0, TruTrac D30 front, Detroit Super35 rear, SYE, 4" suspension, 3" body, 35" BFG's, Warn X8000i, Tom Wood's front and rear, K&N air filter

#16 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

grinch, on Apr 13 2005, 03:59 PM, said:

What's a GC?

Grand Cherokee

I know right... all these abbreviations we all post up are hard to keep up with. After so many we start to wonder which one, or what could it be. :cool1:
El Niņo

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic