Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

El Nino Suspension suspension

#1 User is offline   littleblueTJ 

• Private
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:13 PM

I remeber that El nino had the Rubicon Express long arm kit on your jeep. Is that still the basis of your lift, And do you have custom coils? I know it has way more than 5.5 inches of suspension lift. Let me know how it is set up.

Stanley

#2 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:43 PM

Stanley,

Welcome to the forum, we hope you stick around and contribute some of the fun we have been having around here. Let us know where you are from using the user control panel.

You bring back memories asking about El Niņo's suspension. I remember way back when TJs had been out for just a few months and all these different companies where scrambling to figure out some type of suspension for the TJ.

After researching the few that were out there, my original was the old RE4.5 "heim" joint arm kit, I then switched to the cartridge joint and then switched to the 5.5 LongArm. As I progressively beat on the poor TJ I started to find weaknesses. Trough my limited knowledge along with some tips received by good friends, I will explain what I still have left out of the RE5.5 kit. I believe that no suspension kit is perfect and this is why El Niņo is kind of a mutt.

It still pretty much a simple vehicle, there are more TJs out there that probably are better built, but this one has not let me down on all the wicked. All 4 springs are still RE5.5, no spacers but I do have a 2" body lift. The front upper arms, front lower arms which I modified slightly for strength to prevent from bending at the allthread, this is still RE. RE skid plate modified to prevent from bending... yes I've tweaked 1/4 inch and this is why I had to do some mods to the skid.

The rear is all custom 3 link including the lower arms. No rear trackbar and the front trackbar along with all the steering is custom made. It might have seem to you that I have more than 5.5 but it does not. I run 37" tires on, and 38" off road (I rub a little at times). Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Are you thinking of making, or have you made any thing different on your ride?
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic