Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DJ5 DJ5 build up?

#1 User is offline   Blue Jeep Jake 

• Staff Sergeant
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

Ok so I just acquired a 79 DJ5 for my wife's paper delivery route. it has the Audi 4 cyl and 3 peed auto. The obvious mods are the CJ5 grill, but when I looked for a conversion to 4x4 on this sight I saw nothing!!?? I don't think I would make it an extreme crawler but it sure would be fun in my opinion to have a 4x4 delivery. I was just curious what everyone else thinks of this prospect?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

If it aint a Jeep it's a sissy car!

You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
brakes are defective.

#2 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

IIRC, you will need a tranny, transfer case, axle, driveshafts (rear could be shortened), and all attached linkages.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#3 User is offline   Blue Jeep Jake 

• Staff Sergeant

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

I found a Dana 30 front from a CJ, a Dana 20 with divorced slip yoke and the rig came with a spare drive shaft, that would leave getting a short drive shaft between the tranny xfer case and that's all. Not counting the cost to modify the shafts and sourcing all the parts off my local craigslist i can achieve this for less than 250 dollars. I was curious if there was any interest in this odd ball rig or if I'm alone in thinking this is cool?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

If it aint a Jeep it's a sissy car!

You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
brakes are defective.

#4 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

DIvorced t-case ain't gonna give you much, if any, in the way of a rear d-shaft.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic