Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bestop Soft Top - you might want

#1 User is offline   ExtremeJM 

• Civilian Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, sorry if it's in the wrong one but I had to post this.

I'm the third owner of my daily driver Jeep and the original soft top was in great shape until one of those development/parking arms came down on my jeep and tore it. I like to take the top off and cruise around town and the beach but the Jeep has a pretty good life (read low miles). I did a bunch of research and decided to go with a Bestop replacement top because I wanted another soft top. I even upgraded the top to the "sail cloth" that was supposed to be more quiet and last longer. This top has got to be the worst made top available. After paying around $850 for this top, I thought I would have it 10 years.

Try 3. I'm on year 4 because I have two kids and $$$ doesn't grow on trees, but now it's leaking like a sieve and coming apart at the seams - LITERALLY. (I can link pictures later. I just didn't see a way of attaching on this post).

NOW, that all being said, I tried to see what Bestop could do, since it was obvious that this was not "normal wear and tear" and you can tell that it's not all faded and still strong overall... After multiple calls, emails, etc., all I got was a "sorry!". and NOTHING, not even a reduced price on another top direct from them.

So to anyone looking for a replacement soft top, do NOT go BESTOP!!!! I wanted to be sure to let my fellow jeepsters know so that they don't end up where I did.

If anyone has had a better experience with another soft top company, please let me know. I like having a soft top!

XJM
Taking a trip around the world one rock at a time - XJM

#2 User is offline   ExtremeJM 

• Civilian Newbie

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

No recommendations on replacements? How about hard tops?

#3 User is offline   Jeffreybomb 

• Civilian Newbie

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

Just so everyone knows, "extremejm" is a troll. He made new accounts on three different forums, specifically to trash Bestop.

He registered a bogus account and started an identical thread at WranglerForum. It was brought to an admin's attention and deleted.

He also registered a bogus account and started another identical thread at JeepForum.

Just a heads-up.

#4 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

I suggest then that you address his issues in what is truth, what is not and if anything was done to correct the issue or if nothing was needed. Especially if you are the Manufacturer.

Just because you called him a Troll and you say that a topic was deleted does not mean that we will do so here. Everyone has a right to express and rebuttal an opinion if it is done within our guidelines.

Admin

#5 User is offline   Jeffreybomb 

• Civilian Newbie

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Sorry, but I know better than offer rebuttal to a troll.

I gave you fair warning that he's trolling and offered links to prove he's making accounts to do nothing more than trash a reliable company (see the responses on JeepForum for proof).

For the record, I am not the manufacturer. I'm a customer of Bestop and have several of their products, including a soft top.

If you'd rather let a troll run around your forum, though, more power to him.

#6 User is offline   ExtremeJM 

• Civilian Newbie

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Jeffery is just mad because he turned it into a flame war and, I guess later decided, to turn to other forums. He's just a loser with some other forum.

I posted my grievances because of my initial post. I don't want to get into another flame war with a bitter malcontent. I suppose take it as the facts. I wanted to let people know about the problems I had and the lack of customer service. There's no excuse for their CS personnel, given the obvious lack of craftsmanship.

#7 User is offline   ExtremeJM 

• Civilian Newbie

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostJeffreybomb, on 09 May 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Sorry, but I know better than offer rebuttal to a troll.

I gave you fair warning that he's trolling and offered links to prove he's making accounts to do nothing more than trash a reliable company (see the responses on JeepForum for proof).

For the record, I am not the manufacturer. I'm a customer of Bestop and have several of their products, including a soft top.

If you'd rather let a troll run around your forum, though, more power to him.

Seriously.... what are you doing on here Jeffreybomb? If for no other reason than to spread your worthless drivel and turn another helpful discussion into a flame war??? Seriously. You follow me from forum to forum to do what? Warn people that my top sucked and that I'm pissed it didn't live up to even the smallest of expectations, including the company's?

Admin, please beware. He will turn this conversation yet again into a flame war of his choosing in the hopes of getting the thread removed. NOT a valued user. I should mention that he began following me after I posted to Bestop my intentions... you do the math.

#8 User is offline   Jeffreybomb 

• Civilian Newbie

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Admin: told ya.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic