Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RE 2nd Gen Disconnect

#1 User is offline   YJWhenUCanTJ 

• Captain
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:43 PM

Not much chatting here lately so I figured I'd give you guys something cool to look at and a trick for the RE 2nd gen disconnects as well. As others have led the path, I willingly let Ruben do his magic to my TJ. He's currently installing my RE superflex 4.5" kit, fully adjustable upper/lower control arms and track bars. In the process, what mechanical engineer can leave something alone when he sees a better way? :1thumb:

In true Ruben form, and something he took upon himself with which I am very appreciative, he designed a mounting bracket for the disconnects when disconnected instead of drilling into the thin-metal inner fender well as RE recommends.

Note: Pic converted to a link due to the large size.
New Sway Disconnect

Instead of cutting the mud flap and drilling a hole into the inner fender, he welded that bracket onto the top of the spring perch. Man, it's always cool to have something no one else has! Rock on Ruben! :cry:
David M.
2003 Sport
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:34 AM

David,

Ruben sent me some pics of this yesterday to stimulate my work boredom at the office. Simple mod, excellent idea. :amazed: No wonder your are starting to... :bounce:

I have another pic without the connection that you might want to post up. I'll email it to you along with the one you posted that have been reduced for posting. Let me know if you can't rename and switch out the pic.

When is he finishing up your ride, refresh my old memory, what are you getting done :gossip:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#3 User is offline   YJWhenUCanTJ 

• Captain

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:56 AM

Jim B, on Feb 17 2005, 08:34 AM, said:

David,

Ruben sent me some pics of this yesterday to stimulate my work boredom at the office. Simple mod, excellent idea. :amazed: No wonder your are starting to... :bounce:

I have another pic without the connection that you might want to post up. I'll email it to you along with the one you posted that have been reduced for posting. Let me know if you can't rename and switch out the pic.

When is he finishing up your ride, refresh my old memory, what are you getting done :gossip:

Please send the other pic as well, that would be great, and I can post both for comparison. I believe the tires are being mounted today so at the latest tomorrow he should feel it's ready to go. As for the mods (considering I'm now trying to attend GrayRock if there's room):

RE 4.5" superflex (swapped out 4.5" spring for the 3.5" spring), adjustable upper/lower control arms, adjustable front/rear track bar, 2nd gen disco's
1" body lift
TBT Sport cage
Warn 9.5Ti
33x11.5x16 MT/Rs (285/75/16)
Rubicon standard equipment: locked f/r, Dana 44's, 4.10's, 4:1 low, slip yoke elim
David M.
2003 Sport
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:29 AM

David,

RE 4.5" superflex... does this kit have a short or a long arm :gossip:

Your specs look good, you will be surpriced on how much you can do with this setup. :bounce:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#5 User is offline   YJWhenUCanTJ 

• Captain

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:51 AM

Jim B, on Feb 17 2005, 09:29 AM, said:

David,

RE 4.5" superflex... does this kit have a short or a long arm :gossip:

Your specs look good, you will be surpriced on how much you can do with this setup. :bounce:

It's a short-arm, thus the reason why I went with the 3.5" spring. I'd like my lower back to last a few more decades. :amazed:
David M.
2003 Sport
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic