Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone been to Corbett lately?

#1 User is offline   BigInBoca 

• Corporal
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'm thinking about taking a ride up to Corbett next Saturday (2/25) and was wondering if anyone had been up there lately?

We haven't had much rain lately so I was wondering what the conditions were like. I imagine it's pretty dry now.

Also anyone interested in taking a ride? I'm planning on entering through the south entrance around 9:00am.

#2 User is offline   Broward Outlaw 

• Corporal

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

no point only trail 6 is open everything i dry and it wont take longer than 15 min to run it

#3 User is offline   BigInBoca 

• Corporal

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostBroward Outlaw, on 19 February 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

no point only trail 6 is open everything i dry and it wont take longer than 15 min to run it

If that is the case then I may not bother. I did notice on the website it says:

Spring Turkey - Youth February 25-26 (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1 p.m.)

If its a hunting season aren't all the trails open?

#4 User is offline   Broward Outlaw 

• Corporal

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

not unless your activly hunting and they will stop and question why your there and what your doing... happens to me alot out there... and youth turkey would exclude you from being eligable

#5 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

Trail 6 and Tomato grade are open, trail 3 allows access to thee camps but I am sure you are suppised to be a party of those camps to use that trail. Was there on Sunday. Trail 6 is deep loose sand Tomatoe grade is graded so it is just like the road leading out there, filled and plowed from the entrance to the gate. Trail 3 has some water and deeep mud holes that swallow you up, I pulled out a camp owner riding by himself on his ATV, real nice guy.
I met the Game Warden while pulling apart two trucks that crashed and were stuck on each others bumpers, caused by drinking too much. The warden was a nice guy but not happy with the drunks, lol. Also rescued a truck pulling a trailer that slid off the road into mud. Both happened just past the piwer lines.
BTW many trucks were playing in the mud at the power lines.
If you go this weekend let me know. I'll join you. They are short rides but we can BBQ and have some fun.

#6 User is offline   BigInBoca 

• Corporal

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostWardie, on 21 February 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

Trail 6 and Tomato grade are open, trail 3 allows access to thee camps but I am sure you are suppised to be a party of those camps to use that trail. Was there on Sunday. Trail 6 is deep loose sand Tomatoe grade is graded so it is just like the road leading out there, filled and plowed from the entrance to the gate. Trail 3 has some water and deeep mud holes that swallow you up, I pulled out a camp owner riding by himself on his ATV, real nice guy.
I met the Game Warden while pulling apart two trucks that crashed and were stuck on each others bumpers, caused by drinking too much. The warden was a nice guy but not happy with the drunks, lol. Also rescued a truck pulling a trailer that slid off the road into mud. Both happened just past the piwer lines.
BTW many trucks were playing in the mud at the power lines.
If you go this weekend let me know. I'll join you. They are short rides but we can BBQ and have some fun.

Wardie,

I'm definitely going. I found out there is a swamp buggy and airboat show at the youth camp by the south entrance Saturday also. And its youth turkey hunt this weekend too, so there will be a lot going on up there even if the trails are lame. I'm taking my seven year old son with me so we may do trails in the morning like 9-1 and then check out the swamp buggy/airboat show after.

I'm heading up early and will plan on entering the south entrance at 9:00am, maybe even 8:30. I want to get in early because its a lot to try and do the trails and the show in one day.

If that sounds good then let me know!

#7 User is offline   BigInBoca 

• Corporal

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Here is a link I found for the flyer on the airboat/swamp buggie show...

http://www.pbcairboa...s/2012Flyer.pdf

#8 User is offline   VancesJK 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Did you guys see Mudding at Devils Garden Mud Park, Truck, ATV and Airboat Swamp Cabbage Festival February 24-26
Devils Garden Mud Park
Plus ColtFord will be there.
2011 JK with a 3.5 RE and 35s plus a few more mods.

#9 User is offline   BigInBoca 

• Corporal

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostVancesJK, on 21 February 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Did you guys see Mudding at Devils Garden Mud Park, Truck, ATV and Airboat Swamp Cabbage Festival February 24-26
Devils Garden Mud Park

I saw it and am kind of keen on it, but it represents about 3 hours total highway driving in one day so not sure about heading there with my lil guy. I would probably just drive the extra hour or so to Ocala and spend the night if I was going to drive that long to wheel.

That might change for me once there are more pics and feedback on it.

#10 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Ok not sure what I'll do. With limited funds I think Corbit is the way to go.

#11 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostVancesJK, on 21 February 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Devils Garden Mud Park

Hey Vance...great to see that you're coming out to some of the local wheeling events...greatly looking forward to meeting you! Unfortunately, I won't be attending the DGMC event, but it should be awesome as they are unveiling their new Hell's Gate obstacle course. Be sure to check it out and post some pics of your Jeep in action!! Otherwise, we certainly hope that you'll make it out to the 4WheelParts Wounded Warrior Project unveiling on March 10th. This is a benefit for the many soldier's who served their Country and paid a severe price for it. This is our chance to give back to those who so selflessly served to protect our Freedom. Hope to see you there!

-dave

#12 User is offline   RockOn 

• Master Sergeant

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

I won't be making it this weekend... Working on a ton of mods
RockOn
1993 Jeep Wrangler
Work in Progress... has some stuff, needs some stuff, have a bunch of stuff to put in/on

#13 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

I'll be at DGMC as well as the 4WP event 3/10. I think it is awesome to take notice and support those who have sacrificed for this country. Along those lines a buddy turned me on to a website Stolen Valor. It is dedicated to outing those among us who claim military service falsely. It takes a real low-life to steal credit for something they never did. Are you familiar with this site Vance? Very informative..... :2thumup:
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
1989 YJ. 2"BL, semi-functional snorkel, little "girlie" tires
2001 F350 7.3L turbo diesel, Square Headlights
2007 Honda Rancher 4x4 27" Vampire tires, Square Headlights
Member: South Florida Jeep Club
FOUNDER: Square Headlight Intense Team
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."
"NEVER look down on someone unless you are helping them up"
"I'm not smart but I can lift heavy things"

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   VancesJK 

• Sergeant

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

View Post92SquareEye, on 23 February 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

Hey Vance...great to see that you're coming out to some of the local wheeling events...greatly looking forward to meeting you! Unfortunately, I won't be attending the DGMC event, but it should be awesome as they are unveiling their new Hell's Gate obstacle course. Be sure to check it out and post some pics of your Jeep in action!! Otherwise, we certainly hope that you'll make it out to the 4WheelParts Wounded Warrior Project unveiling on March 10th. This is a benefit for the many soldier's who served their Country and paid a severe price for it. This is our chance to give back to those who so selflessly served to protect our Freedom. Hope to see you there!

-dave

Thanks I hope to get a bunch of pics at the mud park. The place looks cool. Sorry I will be out of town for a wedding but good luck with your event.

View PostCrackerJack, on 23 February 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

I'll be at DGMC as well as the 4WP event 3/10. I think it is awesome to take notice and support those who have sacrificed for this country. Along those lines a buddy turned me on to a website Stolen Valor. It is dedicated to outing those among us who claim military service falsely. It takes a real low-life to steal credit for something they never did. Are you familiar with this site Vance? Very informative..... :2thumup:

I hope to run into you at the mud park. Nope never seen that site before I was never in the army but good luck with your event on the 10th I be doing the suit and drinking game at a wedding. :cheers:
2011 JK with a 3.5 RE and 35s plus a few more mods.

#15 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostVancesJK, on 24 February 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

I hope to run into you at the mud park. Nope never seen that site before I was never in the army but good luck with your event on the 10th I be doing the suit and drinking game at a wedding. :cheers:

Thanks Vance. We had a great time at DGMC. The ladies of SFJC owned the obstacle course. They were pretty much the only jeepers to do the course and they rocked it! I'm not sure if I saw you or not. There was a guy in a 2dr yellow JK. Several of us waved at him but he drove past us w/ a constipated look on his face :toilet1: He drove to the obstacle course and got out and had another guy drive the course for him. I don't think that was you though. Here's some pics we took. Post up yours too!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Broward Outlaw 

• Corporal

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

devils sand pit.... that place is a waste of 45 bucks and a weekend if you ask me

#17 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

$45 was expensive but I'm sure getting Colt Ford there wasn't cheap. They are still growing and learning. I like the fact they are family friendly and I don't have to worry about some drunk jackass doing donuts around my campsite at 3 a.m. They have plenty of land and will keep improving it. Just my 2 cents.

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   BigInBoca 

• Corporal

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostCrackerJack, on 28 February 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

I like the fact they are family friendly and I don't have to worry about some drunk jackass doing donuts around my campsite at 3 a.m.

That's good to know. As a father with young boys this is a major selling point! I'll be watching to see how things develop there and maybe take the ride to check it out soon.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic