JEEPTALK.net: LifeProof Case - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1

LifeProof Case

#1 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

iPhone LifeProof case. Waterproof, Shock, dirt, etc. It's actually lower profile than my Otterbox Defender which is not.

I like the second video in where she rinses the phone in a cup of water. :grin:
Just think, go in the shower take some pics and sent it to your best friend. :lol:

Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#2 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

wow very cool
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

If you know someone that works at Best Buy I think they have a good employee discount. :devilgrin:

A friend told me that it is slightly taller (not much) and thinner than the Otterbox. Go figure, lower profile.
El Niņo

"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.

#4 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

I got one of these through a friend, it works well and you can drop it in a pool or take it out in the rain with no problem. :ya:

Slimmer than my Otterbox defender (I removed the screen protector on Defender).

The only thing that I don't like is that it's slightly more reflective than my phone glass and like any other screen protectors it smudges slightly more than glass. One of the reason that I removed the screen protector from my old Defender. Most people don't have a problem with this.

This case is made to be installed and forget about it. In my application I have to remove these type cases (including my Defender) and place my bare phone in a leather nice case when on appointments. Because of this I don't think I can use it, eventually the taking off and putting on will mess up the seal which is rated for 50 take offs, than you would replace the seal.

The case is normally $80, I'm going to let it go for $60 if anyone wants it. Eventually I'll throw it on ebay or keep it for a rainy day. :grin:
El Niņo

#5 User is offline   Trailblazer 

• Second Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

I got this case in October and it's been great. I've dropped it several times and soaked in the sink and pool. I let my 3yr olds play with the phone without worrying. Plus I can wash it in the sink after they leave sticky finger prints. Getting ready to order the clip they sell that works with the GoPro mounts. I plan to buy the bike, rollbar and suction cup mounts from GoPro to use my GP camera and phone when I finally take the jeep out.

I do have to say that I've had two problems since purchase. The first had to do with the 1st gen case covering the ambient light sensor. The phone brightness wouldn't adjust so it would drain my battery. An email to support and they mailed me a replacement gen2 front.

The 2nd problem happed cuz I dropped the phone and it somehow dented the plastic door that covers the charger port. Didn't affect the water integrity just a visible dent in the plastic. After two months of opening and closing the port door it finally broke. Another email to support with a pic and I got a new gen2 back. Both times were free.

No product will ever be perfect but it's nice to know that they'll stand behind their product.
BUILD IN PROCESS:
YJ, Chevy 350/th350/np208, front & rear stretch, MileMarker 12k winch, D44 w/ OX Locker & 4.88's,
12-bolt w/ Detroit Locker & 4.88's, 38.50x14.50r15 TSL/SX, 15x14 Centerline Wheels

#6 User is offline   Krocker 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

I think that's awesome!If ever I got money I'll take it one.
best-selling brands of Rubicon Express and Pro Comp Tires

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply