Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Grand Cherokees? so many for sale

#1 User is offline   SuperDave1984 

• First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Since I sold my XJ a couple years ago I have missed it something awful. So I am back looking for another. What I find is Grand Cherokees outnumber XJ's like 10-1 in the for sale ads/Craigslist, etc. Why is that?
I'm not knocking them really, just curious why people want to sell them way more than XJ's. They kinda look more like a minivan than a Jeep, maybe that's the reason?
They any good off road? Difficult to mod? What's the scoop?

#2 User is offline   Big Red One 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Probably the fuel prices are driving people away from the ZJ, they are capable in MILD offroad situations, but the XJ is easier to modify/lift with more after market support and the six is a plus for mileage, depends on what you want to do... an XJ with 33-35's can be quite fun offroad and still be streetable, the ZJ is more creature comforts, nicer ride on road. :scratch: :scratch:
89 YJ, AMC 360, 102" OF NOISE AND BOOGER WELDS
MAKING GOOD DECISIONS COMES FROM EXPERIENCE ...
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM MAKING BAD DECISIONS ...

#3 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

ZJ's have 6's as well. Mine does. It ay not get the same mileage as teh XJ, it is a bigger vehicle. IIRC, the XJ is no longer made, whereas the GC is. That may also contribute to the amount of them vs XJs that are for sale.
Being a little larger, they are different on the trail, and get some advantages, and some disadvantages off road. They also have some of the same disadvantages, no full frame.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#4 User is offline   drshame 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Grands don't usually age well...lots'a older failure points and when you add in 60,000 maintenance, radiators, blend doors, trannys...shocks..ignition switches....fans...inside ventilation..BRAKES and 4X4 front driveshafts...you have to really like the platform to keep it on the road.
Not to mention lifting beyond 3 inches can be tricky.
Posted Image
But if it's an I-6..the engine should be good for a LONG time, imho.
And it can be a very competent off road for all but the worst mudholes down here.
I helped pull a lifted Wrangler out of a Bear Island rut last month.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Miami Jeep Fort Lauderdale Jeep Dealer