• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

JNL Hydrographics Water Transfer Printing

#1 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Frank Lopez, the owner of JNL Hydrographics. A friend of mine is having his mountain bike frame water printed at Franks shop. If you do not know what is it is, basically it is the process of applying a pattern (carbon fiber, wood grain, etc..) to any surface (metal, glass, hardwood, plastic, etc..) by diping it into water. I will try to post pics of my friend's bike frame once it completed.

Here is a sample image from his website

Before
Posted Image

After
Posted Image

Aditional image
Posted Image
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   JBYDesign 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

cool process...
'04 TJ 3" BL lift and 2.5" OME with 32" KM2s custom short cab frenched tail lights bedlinered int. shrockworks sliders custom H1 style intake, 20mm motor can consol, blacked out everything!

#3 User is offline   VancesJK 

• Sergeant

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

That is very nice.
2011 JK with a 3.5 RE and 35s plus a few more mods.

#4 User is offline   JNLFrank 

• Civilian Newbie

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hey guys and Gals! Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. Names Frank. I am the owner of JNL Hydrographics and thank you for allowing me on your forum.

A little about me and then I will get into some hydro talk. I am a tech at Diablosport full time and run JNL Hydrographics part time, but I still put in 40 hours plus, lol. I have been into cars and performance since I was a kid. I currently own a supercharged Chrysler 300C and a Kawasaki ZX10R, both are highly modded for speed :biggrin1:

I got into Hydro dipping about a year ago as no one in the are was doing it and it was so expensive to send out and do. Myself and my better half, Rebecca started it in our home doing small parts for friends. I enjoyed it so much that I contact TWN industries and spent a few days getting trained in Hydro dipping. Today, I am one of just a handful of CERTIFIED and licensed hydrographics dippers in the state of Florida.

We are a 3 (wo)man team. Myself, dipping and painting, Rebecca keeping track of funds and inventory and Antonio my painter. One of the things I enjoy about being a 3 man team is I get to be one on one with our customers. I get to understand the look you want and I help you get that look. We take great care in getting an item prepped, dipped and cleared. I wont send an item out to a customer if I wouldn't want it on my car, bike or whatever. I do not do any advertising, it is because of my great customers that I can keep going. So thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share this with you.

The process
Hydrographics, also known as Water Transfer Printing, is a process where an existing part or product can receive a custom new finish that will conform to the most intricate angles and curves. This method can be used with materials such as plastic, metal, wood, and glass. The process is able to coat complex three dimensional shapes with a very high quality print. Water Transfer Printing is cost effective, unique, and durable under strenuous conditions.

The Water Transfer Printing process has been around for years but was primarily used by the military and the automotive industry. Recently, the process has become more accessible and affordable to the general public. The intricate process starts with preparing your part for the application (cleaning, sanding, base coating). A film containing your selected pattern is applied through water displacement and chemical transfer in a specially designed hydrographics tank. While many individuals assume this process is simple, it is a very complex process. It requires a specific knowledge of tried and tested measures to be able to complete the process. Our staff has received intensive training to ensure that your item is flawless. The final stage includes the application of clear coats (matte, semi-gloss, or glossy) to your item for increased durability and a stunning new finish!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!! Again, thank you.
Frank L. | West Palm Beach Florida | 561-876-8736 | www.JNLhydrographics.com
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Outstanding work! :good2:

Now I have to dig through my stuff. :grin:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#6 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Here are some pics of my friends mountain bike frame JNL Hydrographics is working on.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Mr.Bead 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

that is some real nice work you all do. how expensive is it compared to a wrap or airbrusing, also how durable is it. and lastly where in WPB are you guys located.
2001 TJ SAHARA, sitting on jackstands in my garage 1/2 built............ Dreaming of wheeling it again soon

#8 User is offline   JNLFrank 

• Civilian Newbie

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

All three, wrapping, airbrushing and hydro dipping are all great options in the right application. I couldn't dip a van, but wrapping would be a very cost effective way to advertise. In turn, you would pay $10k plus to airbrush. We do firearms that require a special paint and clear, you cant wrap that or airbrush, it just wouldn't hold up.

We only use Automotive base paint and PPG automotive clear to protect the finish of an item. We can use a flat clear or a high gloss clear. The finish itself would last just as long as say your cars paint, with care, it will last years!

We are located right on 95 and 10th. Just a block behind the Palm Beach Shooting center.

Frank L. | West Palm Beach Florida | 561-876-8736 | www.JNLhydrographics.com
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Miami Jeep Fort Lauderdale Jeep Dealer