Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Air Box options

#1 User is offline   Tracy 

• Second Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2003 - 07:30 AM

I have a new 03 TJ. So far I have done nothing in the engine compartment.
The pictures in Daless2 post on the louvers showed an interesting air filter set up. Maybe Frank can elaborate a bit on that. But I was interested in other ideas as well. Now that he has shown the hot spots, does any body have any ideas on air filter/intake options? I had a Turbo City tube on my 97, but I was not convinced this was actually a good idea, it looked cool(no pun intended) Maybe it is, I haven't done anything yet , so it still has the stock box. I know they have all kinds of kits that make all kinds of claims, so if any one can head me in a direction I would appreciate it. :2thumup:
Red Beetle

#2 User is offline   Daless2 

• Sergeant FirstClass
  • Group: Member

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:59 AM

Good Morning Tracy,

I moved my airbox to that location becuase I needed to free up some real estate for my York OBA system. I did a write-up. Stu was kind enough to host it on his site.

Here is the link if you have an interest.

http://www.stu-offroad.com/otherwriteups/a...ox/airbox-1.htm

Please note, my TJ has a snorkel as well. In the write-up towards the end you will find some air temp numbers using various air filter system you may find interesting.

If you should do this and maintain the stock air box there is no reason you could not get cool air to the box by running a hose to the appropriate area under or in front of the radiator, or even from behind a headlight.

Also, Stu has anther write-up on his site dealing with installing a K&N filter INSIDE the cowling. Pretty neat set-up. You might want to take a look see.

http://www.stu-offro.../cleanair-1.htm

Have fun! I plan to!

Frank

#3 User is offline   Tracy 

• Second Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Frank,
I believe :amazed: I can do that. Just take some time and it would accomplish what I am looking for. I have been interested in the snorkle before and may consider that also. Add the louvers and we might cool things off pretty well under there. Thanks again :gossip: And very well written!
Red Beetle

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic