JEEPTALK.net: Traffic Cameras - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1

Traffic Cameras

#1 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Who has been a victim, have you taken it to court, did you beat it, what was your story.

Yes I got one in the mail, trying to figure out if it was me or the War Dept. :grin:
I'm not sure if it's worth the time to fight it since there is no points in anyone's license.

What a way to make money. :2thumbdown: Need to find out if there is any stock I can purchase in the company handling this for the cities.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#2 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

There should be a link where you can watch a video online of you(or Dolly) committing the infraction. I don't know anyone who has been successful in beating these... :2thumbdown:

-dave

#3 User is offline   JBYDesign 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

most towns are lossing money with these cameras... to many are fighting the calibration or whether they can determine if it is clearly you operationg the vehicle... the classic is teh right turn on red... define a couplete stop! as infimintessimal as it might have been if you can identife the tread pattern of your tire you stopped! but they are getting tougher on giving out the speciffic of how the cameras are timed and the geometry they are using to determine the time / speed continuim! speed!
'04 TJ 3" BL lift and 2.5" OME with 32" KM2s custom short cab frenched tail lights bedlinered int. shrockworks sliders custom H1 style intake, 20mm motor can consol, blacked out everything!

#4 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Check you text times/data usage of that day and wether you call in sick for WORK :rof: ... if you were home :scratch: :whistle: Then U can blame it on the War Dept. But beware, they have artillery we don't, and special weapons of mass destruction that can really do some damage like Hiroshima :mouthzip1: :sos: I say, let a sleeping dog be or else you might find yourself on the other end of the war dept's :bat: bat.
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#5 User is offline   SeaMonkey 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

..." trying to figure out if it was me or the War Dept".

That's the biggest problem with these cameras. They bypass the whole conversation/explanation of why you are being cited. The argument that it somehow enhances safety is lost on that point alone (not to mention the crazy slamming of brakes I'm noticing now). Also, people are so paranoid now, that many forgot that it's okay to turn right on a red (unless posted). If nothing else, this makes for a lot of pissed off, agitated drivers who are now running late!

Make it tougher to get a license already and be done with it.

The cameras are a cash cow for some company and I'm pretty sure there's a kickback thrown in there for good measure.

At least Mr. Orwell is probably chuckling in his grave.
- 2000 TJ with big rubbery tires for going on trails and stuff.

#6 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Make sure it is you guys in fact. I have a friend who got one in the mail and it was not him. Similar motorcycle abd the tag was very close but after close examination it was not his tag. He was able to get it removed or canceled.
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

Turns out that it was a left turn at an intersection late at night, can hardly see the tag or make out the vehicle but the pic is closely matched and by the video we can not tell exactly if it turned red while we were already at the intersection. Any one of us could have been the driver as we frequent that intersection. The War Dept does not want the hassle, wants to pay it as it will take time off work, etc, etc.

There is absolutely no way that anyone can testify who was behind the wheel and iffy being our vehicle. I agree with SeaMonkey in that I do see a lot more slamming of the brakes. They hit you with a lower fine and tell you that it does not go against anyone's license (no kidding). If you lose in court the fine goes up at least $100.

It's a matter now of simple mathematics. :2thumbdown:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#8 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

From what I gather, several cities are trying to get out of the contract as they are not makimg the money to paty for the cameras.

FYI, no matter who drives the vehicle, the owner is responsible for all infractions/accidents/etc. If you loan your vehicle to someone, and they get in a wreck, you can be sued.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#9 User is offline   SeaMonkey 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

I had read about that too. That the companies that operate the cameras and citations are reeling it in at the city's (and our) expense.
- 2000 TJ with big rubbery tires for going on trails and stuff.

#10 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

And also complaints that cities have shortened the yellow light time to cash in
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

Share this topic: