Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tummy Tuck '04 TJ 2.5" OME 3"BL

#1 User is offline   JBYDesign 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

OK... I have been bouncing around in my willy's edition '04 TJ for a couple of years now... mostly digging long trenches with the stock transfere skid... Devil's Garden sealed the deal!

Ordered
complete set of Currie adj Contol arms
AEV Nth Dergree tummy tuck
SYE
CV Rear Shaft

I already have a 1"MML and the shift braket relocator which should help line things up and with a 3" BL I shoudl not have any clearance issues on the tub...

While many of you saw the whole Tummy tuck title and my name next to it... and thought lipo suction... sorry to dissappoint... this body was built for comfort not speed!

More to come when the parts arrive... including pics!

Posted Image
'04 TJ 3" BL lift and 2.5" OME with 32" KM2s custom short cab frenched tail lights bedlinered int. shrockworks sliders custom H1 style intake, 20mm motor can consol, blacked out everything!

#2 User is offline   IvanJKU 

• Sergeant FirstClass

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Is that your JK also???
2010 JK Sport Unlimited
RuggedRidge XHD Bumper with stinger
Recon 10,500 lb Waterproof Winch
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil lift + Spacer Leveling Kit = More lift than I bargained for...
Smittybilt SRC Side Armor
KC SlimLite 130W on KC windshield brackets
35" Fierce Attitude M/T

Wish List
Snorkel
On Board Air
Windshield Lights
Front Fog Lights
Lockers
35" Mud Tires

#3 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

View PostJBYDesign, on 22 September 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

While many of you saw the whole Tummy tuck title and my name next to it... and thought lipo suction... sorry to dissappoint... this body was built for comfort not speed!

I thought it was built by Budweiser? :devilgrin: Glad to see the "hill flattener" will be getting a little lift. Post up some pics when the parts come in.
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
1989 YJ. 2"BL, semi-functional snorkel, little "girlie" tires
2001 F350 7.3L turbo diesel, Square Headlights
2007 Honda Rancher 4x4 27" Vampire tires, Square Headlights
Member: South Florida Jeep Club
FOUNDER: Square Headlight Intense Team
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."
"NEVER look down on someone unless you are helping them up"
"I'm not smart but I can lift heavy things"

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   calderman87 

• Master Sergeant

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

This is what I plan on doing next with my TJ as well.. I already have a 3" BL MML and OME lift... just need to save up for the adj control arms TT and sye... which all come out to be more expensive than the lift was :wacko:
'06 TJ fixed.
2.5" OME Lift
Rubicon Express (pre 4wp) Track Bar in the front
OME Track Bar bracket in the rear
JKs Quick Disconnects
3"BL waiting to come off for my 1.25"BL
33x12.50R15 Mickey Thompson Baja Radial ATZ's
15x8 Cragar Soft 8's
Trail Gear front and rear bumpers.
Red LED interior lights.

#5 User is offline   JBYDesign 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

View Postcalderman87, on 23 September 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

This is what I plan on doing next with my TJ as well.. I already have a 3" BL MML and OME lift... just need to save up for the adj control arms TT and sye... which all come out to be more expensive than the lift was :wacko:

I figured out a long time ago you just do not need to 6" lift and 35s to do most wheeling... and you are typically better off lower and mor flexible... the full set of CAs are $900 the TT is $300 and the shaft and SYE almost $600... but I will be able to run 34" x 9.5 after I upgrade the tor bar... I should be good to go!

OME 2.5" $700
MML 1" $ 65
Shift kit $ 35
TT $300
CAs $900
Shaft SYE $600

Total $2600

Tuff to put a good long arm kit on for less than that and you still have the drive line to address...
'04 TJ 3" BL lift and 2.5" OME with 32" KM2s custom short cab frenched tail lights bedlinered int. shrockworks sliders custom H1 style intake, 20mm motor can consol, blacked out everything!

#6 User is offline   Stomper4X4 

• Staff Sergeant

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

Damn brother your jeeps are sweet I'm gona post some pics of mine once I put the the rear bumper and side bars on

#7 User is offline   JBYDesign 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

The burgandy JK is my little brother's... I have a bone stock restored '65 and the green '04 TJ that is about to under go the tummy tuck!

Here is the feast.. all the parts are in and the fun will begin tonight!

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   JBYDesign 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:17 AM

OK... the before

Posted Image

and the after... almost 3" gained

Posted Image

Currie adj. CAs were installed to correct the diff angle along with a CV rear drive shaft... ( apparently after '03 SYE are standard equipt... who knew? so if you need one I have an extra!)

the new Cas are massive! very solid!

Posted Image

hardest part... after aprox 18 hrs of on my back... was removing the extension on the shifter... $%%^& !

I am more than happy with the install... and now I need to go wheeling!

#9 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

Nice work! :2thumup:

-dave

#10 User is offline   IvanJKU 

• Sergeant FirstClass

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

Very nice, and a noticeable difference in clearance. Good job :2thumup:
2010 JK Sport Unlimited
RuggedRidge XHD Bumper with stinger
Recon 10,500 lb Waterproof Winch
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil lift + Spacer Leveling Kit = More lift than I bargained for...
Smittybilt SRC Side Armor
KC SlimLite 130W on KC windshield brackets
35" Fierce Attitude M/T

Wish List
Snorkel
On Board Air
Windshield Lights
Front Fog Lights
Lockers
35" Mud Tires

#11 User is offline   JBYDesign 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

Now I can wheel without being accused of grading down all of the oblsticals with the stock transfere case shovel!

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Quicksand 

• Corporal

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

Yea I only run a 2 inch BB with 31 in BFG muds and its amazing what my Lil 4 banger can do with the addition of discos. I have plenty of mods under the hood, so my power plant screams pretty good right now with its little 31s, but I am sure that would change if I swapped to bigger tires without swapping out my gears. Happy for now I love my current power dont wanna lose it. Whats you alls opinion on RC 2.5 Lift? Is it a stiff ride or is it closer to stock? I was thinking of doing about a 2.5 in lift along with a 1 in BL along with some 33x10 pizza cutters. But I gotta save money to do lower gears at same time. Man I got a big wish list. Probably like everyone else. FUN FUN.

#13 User is offline   290TjJeep 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

What sye and cv drive shaft did you choose?

#14 User is offline   Twshutika 

• Corporal

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

View PostQuicksand, on 05 November 2011 - 01:42 AM, said:

Yea I only run a 2 inch BB with 31 in BFG muds and its amazing what my Lil 4 banger can do with the addition of discos. I have plenty of mods under the hood, so my power plant screams pretty good right now with its little 31s, but I am sure that would change if I swapped to bigger tires without swapping out my gears. Happy for now I love my current power dont wanna lose it. Whats you alls opinion on RC 2.5 Lift? Is it a stiff ride or is it closer to stock? I was thinking of doing about a 2.5 in lift along with a 1 in BL along with some 33x10 pizza cutters. But I gotta save money to do lower gears at same time. Man I got a big wish list. Probably like everyone else. FUN FUN.

i run the RC 2.5 with their 1.25" BL and a 1"MML and i really like the ride of their 2.5" lift, i dont think it is stock quality, but is darn close. i also have the 2.5L and run 33x12.5 and am planning on regearing to 4.88's after i of course swap out at least the rear axle. no point in putting to much money into that 35. . .

View Post290TjJeep, on 27 December 2011 - 11:26 AM, said:

What sye and cv drive shaft did you choose?

if youare still in the market for a good SYE &CV here is the one i bought from 4x4 group buy.
AA SYE & Tom Woods CV drive shaft
its a great price for the combo, and i am still very happy with it. . .

#15 User is offline   290TjJeep 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

I got The AA SYE and TW driveshaft from AA for $450.00 because of a coupon code. GOOD DEAL! :biggrin1:

#16 User is offline   Quicksand 

• Corporal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

View Posttwshutika, on 12 March 2012 - 07:13 AM, said:

i run the RC 2.5 with their 1.25" BL and a 1"MML and i really like the ride of their 2.5" lift, i dont think it is stock quality, but is darn close. i also have the 2.5L and run 33x12.5 and am planning on regearing to 4.88's after i of course swap out at least the rear axle. no point in putting to much money into that 35. . .

if youare still in the market for a good SYE &CV here is the one i bought from 4x4 group buy.
AA SYE & Tom Woods CV drive shaft
its a great price for the combo, and i am still very happy with it. . .

So would you recomend a 2 1/2 inch from RC for a daily driver?

#17 User is offline   Twshutika 

• Corporal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostQuicksand, on 13 March 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

So would you recomend a 2 1/2 inch from RC for a daily driver?

yes i would, i drive my jeep to work roughly 20 miles each way.and it handles great. it also handles very well on trails and while crawling.i did use the t-case drop kit that they included also, but im pretty sure i didnt need to. my friend also has the same lift and ran it without drop and had no vibration issues at all. but the BL and MML really didnt hurt to add on to it all, they are only a little bit more to add on. the instruction that come with the lift i thought were pretty good, and the customer service at rough country was great. very helpful anytime i called with a question.

#18 User is offline   Quicksand 

• Corporal

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

View Posttwshutika, on 13 March 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

yes i would, i drive my jeep to work roughly 20 miles each way.and it handles great. it also handles very well on trails and while crawling.i did use the t-case drop kit that they included also, but im pretty sure i didnt need to. my friend also has the same lift and ran it without drop and had no vibration issues at all. but the BL and MML really didnt hurt to add on to it all, they are only a little bit more to add on. the instruction that come with the lift i thought were pretty good, and the customer service at rough country was great. very helpful anytime i called with a question.

Well that sounds good, I only run 31s on my budget boost with a 2.5L. Any saging? I was thinking should I get the lift for a 4.0L or one for my 2.5L. I believe they have a different spring rate due to the wieght deference in 4.0 and 2.5L engine. My lil rig has many mods under the hood and is pretty fast, but I do keep wieght down to a minimum. Just concern about any future saging.

#19 User is offline   Twshutika 

• Corporal

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostQuicksand, on 14 March 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Well that sounds good, I only run 31s on my budget boost with a 2.5L. Any saging? I was thinking should I get the lift for a 4.0L or one for my 2.5L. I believe they have a different spring rate due to the wieght deference in 4.0 and 2.5L engine. My lil rig has many mods under the hood and is pretty fast, but I do keep wieght down to a minimum. Just concern about any future saging.

yea i went with the 4.0L springs for my 2.5L also. only because i have a lot of weight. When i put it on i gained 3 inches in the rear, and over 3" in the front, thats how bad my 8 year old springs were sagging but i have not yet had any sagging, and ive had it on for almost 2 years now.

#20 User is offline   Quicksand 

• Corporal

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

View Posttwshutika, on 15 March 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

yea i went with the 4.0L springs for my 2.5L also. only because i have a lot of weight. When i put it on i gained 3 inches in the rear, and over 3" in the front, thats how bad my 8 year old springs were sagging but i have not yet had any sagging, and ive had it on for almost 2 years now.

Well I like the sound of that, I think I am sold on the RC lift for the 4.0. Does it look like to much with 31s ? I forgot what size tires you running.

#21 User is offline   Twshutika 

• Corporal

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

View PostQuicksand, on 15 March 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Well I like the sound of that, I think I am sold on the RC lift for the 4.0. Does it look like to much with 31s ? I forgot what size tires you running.

no it didnt look ridiculous. i ran 31's when i first put it on. but now that i have the 1.25" bl im runnins 32"s, getting ready to run 33's once i get the tube fenders.

but yea a good looking 31x10.5 looks good with the lift.

#22 User is offline   Quicksand 

• Corporal

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

31s look good OKAY ! COOL. O yea how is your power compared from 31s to 32s, and do you still run 4:10 gears ?

#23 User is offline   Twshutika 

• Corporal

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

55 is about the top speed for me with my jeep now. but i am saving up for an 8.8 and will regear then. probably to 4.88's the 4.10's do just fine for now.

#24 User is offline   Quicksand 

• Corporal

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostTwshutika, on 17 March 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

55 is about the top speed for me with my jeep now. but i am saving up for an 8.8 and will regear then. probably to 4.88's the 4.10's do just fine for now.

Yea right now I can cruise at 75mph, O yes she slows down on a headwind going uphill and holds 65 mph, on a bad day holds 60 with strong headwind. I like its current power. I hope and wish you the best on getting new gears. I was thinking the biggest tire size for me might be 32s and maybe swap to 4.56. I was even thinking what about 33x10s ? Who knows time and money will tell.

#25 User is offline   Krocker 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

money would definitely can tell ;). What's your current tire size?
best-selling brands of Rubicon Express and Pro Comp Tires

#26 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

I have deleted the last post and should have deleted a few more. Please remain on topic.

This is not an off topic section. Follow the originator of the topic.

Thank you,
Admin

#27 User is offline   Quicksand 

• Corporal

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostAdmin, on 19 March 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

I have deleted the last post and should have deleted a few more. Please remain on topic.

This is not an off topic section. Follow the originator of the topic.

Thank you,
Admin

Will do, sorry about that, thanks for the correction.

#28 User is offline   MikeJoel 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

sweet jeeps :thumbsup:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic