Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Corn Dance Trails Worth it or Not?

#1 User is offline   drshame 

• First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

Anyone try the New Corndance Trails at BCP?
"Google Earth" shows a long, paved access road with many off-road trails shooting off of it.
I've heard the off-roading is filled with deep limestone holes capable of cutting up tires.
Anyone familiar with the trails there since is the first time they are open to permitted ORVs?
Also.....anyone up for a ride once we figure out what it's got?
I don't want to be there alone and I don't want to spend 8 hours exploring a paved road.
I also suspect there are no bathroom facilites, unlike BCP Bear Island or any picnic table/areas. Don't know of it's underwater either, with a rocky or soft bottom.
From what I see...it's covered with old swamp-buggy trails and ground scars and I don't know if there';s much wildlife to see other than buzzards looking for broken down Jeeps. ...:)

#2 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Banned

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

i wpuld be game for running around out there.. but your right those trails especially rock road is horrible!!!
83 Jeep Wagoneer Swamp Series
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#3 User is offline   drshame 

• First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Just a quick update to this thread:

Despite all the PR from NPS about "opening up miles of new trails", Corndance Unit is still NOT open to Permitted, Street-Legal ORV's.
Looks like after all the haze and BS cleared, basically NO additional trails were added for OUR use and in fact, they got more Punitive in requiring all vehicles stay on the designated trails, even they are so badly maintained to be almost impassable.

Sorry for the confusion, but Corndance is NOT open to our Permitted ORV use...and NPS blew smoke at us for the entire process, IMHO.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic