JEEPTALK.net: Jeepers Stuck - 8/13/11 - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jeepers Stuck - 8/13/11 WEST - Dade- Broward line (area)

#1 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

Currently 3 Jeeps stuck. West Miami Dade by the county line.

Please call 954nospam600nospam2815 or 954nospam559nospam5781

#2 User is offline   ljrubitm 

• Major

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

I got off the phone with Steve. They are in the Macks Fish Camp area off 27. From what Steve said they are about a mile out from where the air boat ramp is.
Keven, ( with his buggy ) Steve and another person with them, all 3 are stuck.

#3 User is offline   StuckZilla 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

Tommy for thanks for picking up the stuck wheelers. I spoke with Milan and Steve tonight. The jeeps shoud be recoverable by day light. From what I hear, the buggy is another 1/2 mile in. I left a message & text with Jack for a number to someone at Home Grown. Depending on how badly stuck Kevin is it might require thier help.
SFJC President
99 TJ - Wrangler Sport
35" Procomp MT, 4.56 RP, 4" Susp, 1" Body, 1" Motor Mount Lift
F: Detroit TrueTrac LS, Chromoly Shafts, Slotted & Drilled Rotors
R: Detroit Soft-Locker & 30 Spline D35c, SYE
Smitty XRC8000 Winch on A-Z Plate & Hella Lights

#4 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Banned

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

imnot stuck bad..just in some ruts... if i had some wood i could jack the buggy up withthe highlift throw the wood under and be able to get out fairly easily.. il be out there at the crack of dawn with the atv to bring some wood/logs/rocks w/e i can find.. as soon as the buggy is out il be able to get to the jeeps and get them out .. hopefully the ground doesnt put a huge suction on the buggy

View Postljrubitm, on 13 August 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

I got off the phone with Steve. They are in the Macks Fish Camp area off 27. From what Steve said they are about a mile out from where the air boat ramp is.
Keven, ( with his buggy ) Steve and another person with them, all 3 are stuck.

tom thank you for coming out there and bringing waters and snacks.... they were lifesavers... also thank you for taking steve home... il be there early in the am to start working on gettign out
83 Jeep Wagoneer Swamp Series
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#5 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

Thanks Tom , Dave and Bill! I hope Kevin can get us out. I'm heading out there early as well. Still to be on the safe side if anyone else can get out there with a buggy or a Big (Red) Jeep, LOL I'd appreciate it, Any big jeep, or jeeps, are more than appreciated!

#6 User is offline   StuckZilla 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

Kevin,

I've got 2x6 lumber at my place 4 boards (3 to 4 foot lengths). Hi lift as well.

Call me if you need them. 954 / 632 / 3128
SFJC President
99 TJ - Wrangler Sport

#7 User is offline   ljrubitm 

• Major

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

You need you find, fab,or buy something like this and keep them on your buggy.
http://www.okoffroad...sandladders.htm

#8 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

Just talked to them...recovery is beginning...will see what happens...

-dave

#9 User is offline   StuckZilla 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

It was a nasty schog through the mud but Dennis, myself and as storms closed in Ricardo from Rocco 4x4 were able to recover the two Jeeps. Lumber brought in the morning was run out the last 1/2 mile via ATV to Kevin who was able to get the buggy back.

Right now would be a good time to cover some sound but often overlooked practices in wheeling.

- Wheel in a group of vehicles. Wheeling alone comes with huge and easily avoidable risks.
- Think twice before wheeling in a crappy place on the same weekend as an event that takes most of the big rigs out of the area.
- When responding to an emergency recovery, consider your capabilities and those of the other drivers in your team. If you are not certain that you can accomplish the recovery, reconsider your participation very carefully. Failure here just adds more standed vehicles in need of recovery.
- When someone has taken the time to come out and rescue you, risking their rigs, please understand this is not Burger King, so don't demand to have it your way. Make your point and express your concerns from the value point common to all wheelers and just prepare to work with your rescuers.
- Ground management is critical. If you pass other stranded wheelers NOT in your group on your way in, leave them there. Often they'll just wheel more and tear up your route back if rescued. Leave recued vehicles in your group on safe ground and move them as little as possible. They got stuck coming out in the first place. Moving them a bunch more will just result in them getting stuck again and tearing up the extraction area or return path.
- Once everyone is clear and safely out, leave the area. Go home. As one person said, "you might have cheated death, don't tempt it again".

I want to thank Dennis and Ricardo for coming down to work with grueling recovery. It pretty much killed the whole Sunday. I want to thank Tommy for picking up Kevin, Milan and Steve last night at the levee so they where safe from the storm that rolled in.

Lastly I just want to say I'm very thankful that everyone got out in one peice. Have fun but be safe out there.
SFJC President
99 TJ - Wrangler Sport

#10 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

I want to take the opportunity to thank Bill, Dennis and Riccardo for all their help today.
Sorry for contributing to ruining your day and getting frustrated at all the stucks and time it took to travel just a few miles in all that mud.
Also I have a black D-Ring that belongs to some one, Mine are not that nicely painted.
I also have a pair of Glasses that someone left in my RV.
PM me if you are missing your stuff.

#11 User is offline   StuckZilla 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

Over 90% of the frustration is just the physical work and the resistiveness of nature (hot sun, mud and water in our cloths, shoes - etc). I know your heart and soul were in the right place going out to recover Kevin and I also know it's almost impossible to do nothing when a friend is stuck and really needs the help.

It's real easy for any of us to get in over our heads. God knows, we almost did that today and I'm just glad everyone got out safe. I want to make sure everyone was aware and is thinking when they go offroad.

Steve, thanks for pulling me though some of the nastiest mud and saw grass I've ever seen in years. I don't think I would of made it home tonight without you.

oh ya - I left my glasses in you RV.
SFJC President
99 TJ - Wrangler Sport

#12 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

i would also like to thank bill steve and dennis for coming out to help today... it was the toughest offroading i have encountered in all my years.... i truly appreciate everything that was done and what we tried to do... eventually the buggy got out with some highlift jacks and a heck of alot of jacking and wood.... i rode down to macks fish camp to see marhall and keith after everyone had left. marshall was out there on his airboat where we got stuck and saw where my buggy was stuck at.... he got his huge wheel buggy with 72" tires stuck 4 days ago and it was there for 3 days.... we all got extremlly lucky today... THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#13 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Bill you have my number--call and we'll make arrangements to get them to you.

#14 User is offline   ljrubitm 

• Major

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

Your welcome everyone. I'm just glad there was no damage to none of the jeeps or the buggy.

#15 User is offline   HitMoney 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

Yes, thanks to all that helped.. No street registered Jeep belongs out there. Ever. Period.

And as tough as that was we got EXTREMELY lucky that the weather that was lumbering all around us didn't come in on us or we would likely still be out there.

I have to say I was impressed with that XJ, and thanks to himn for helping put my serpentine belt back on 4 different times.

Again, my rig is just not made for that stuff and I am grateful we all got out.

Thanks to Ric who stopped working on his shop expansion to come help.. I hope everyone returns the gesture and comes to his grand opening od the showroom at ROCO4x4 on 8/27.

^5
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
[b]()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My Rig, HERE

#16 User is offline   StuckZilla 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

View PostHitMoney, on 14 August 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

Yes, thanks to all that helped.. No street registered Jeep belongs out there. Ever. Period.

And as tough as that was we got EXTREMELY lucky that the weather that was lumbering all around us didn't come in on us or we would likely still be out there.

I have to say I was impressed with that XJ, and thanks to himn for helping put my serpentine belt back on 4 different times.

Again, my rig is just not made for that stuff and I am grateful we all got out.

Thanks to Ric who stopped working on his shop expansion to come help.. I hope everyone returns the gesture and comes to his grand opening od the showroom at ROCO4x4 on 8/27.

^5

I'm up for hanging out at Ric's on the 27th. It's a lot less work than digging jeeps out. BTW - I found your folding shovel. I can drop it off at your work. Thanks for all the help and sorry for taking up your Sunday but had you not made it, two jeeps (or more) might still be out there tonight.

Again, huge thanks.
SFJC President
99 TJ - Wrangler Sport

#17 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

View Postljrubitm, on 14 August 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

Your welcome everyone. I'm just glad there was no damage to none of the jeeps or the buggy.

I'm not sure if I had damage--I have a loud banging noice when driving in 4 low and when parking my trailer at home it kept popping out 4 low. Could be all that damn sawgrass wrapped around the driveshaft and axles--It's going to take a week to get it all out.
All in all some of the best were out there helping to retrieve the three of us.
Thanks Again!

#18 User is offline   HitMoney 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

View PostWardie, on 14 August 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

I want to take the opportunity to thank Bill, Dennis and Riccardo for all their help today.
Sorry for contributing to ruining your day and getting frustrated at all the stucks and time it took to travel just a few miles in all that mud.
Also I have a black D-Ring that belongs to some one, Mine are not that nicely painted.
I also have a pair of Glasses that someone left in my RV.
PM me if you are missing your stuff.

Yip, I think that is my D-Ring. :)
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
[b]()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My Rig, HERE

#19 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

View Postljrubitm, on 14 August 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

nope no damage i know of... but the buggy is still on the trailer.. im a dead tired and need to sleep im sunburnt bug bite and just plain wore out after 2 days out there
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#20 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

View PostSouthernStyleV8, on 14 August 2011 - 10:08 PM, said:

nope no damage i know of... but the buggy is still on the trailer.. im a dead tired and need to sleep im sunburnt bug bite and just plain wore out after 2 days out there

Kevin don't ever do that again, :obsessed: but I know you will! By the way my new phone number is 955 555 1234. LOL! :naughty:

#21 User is offline   ljrubitm 

• Major

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

Lessons learned the hard way = Stories to tell.

#22 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

this just proves to me yet again ... the everglades can and will swallow your vehicle and leave you stranded or worse "our case" walking the the swamps at 11pm at night to try to get to safety....just when i think ive got that place beat.. it bites me in the a###-------btw... that is a totally different kind of mud out there it is a mixture between rich holylands/everglades mud, big cypress marl and needle grass..you can run on top of that needle grass all day long but as soon as you spin and break through thats it .. your prob stuck.....we were running in airboat trails that noone has been able to run a buggy or jeep through in years... not since 2007 i believe.
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#23 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

View Postljrubitm, on 15 August 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

Lessons learned the hard way = Stories to tell.

i went down to macks fish camp after everyone had left to go see keith and marshall... was talkign to marshall for prob a hour and he told me he heard about us being stuck sunday after noon after i placed a call to chad white to tell him we were in bad shape.. he called marshall and marshall ran his airboat all over the place trying to figure out where we were stuck at .. i had heard his airboat off in the distance but i just t
hoguht it was alow flying plane and kept on working to get out he finally found my ruts about 30 min after i had gotten out and headed back to the camp.... he also told me that he went through the glory hole where the rock bottom is about 4pm sat afternoon.. when i got there ont he way out the water was muddied up like someone had been through there but didnt think anything of it until he told me...now that i think back to the weekends events.. this is def a story to remeber
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#24 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

It was a nightmare to remember!!!

#25 User is offline   Lost Sheep 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

View Postljrubitm, on 14 August 2011 - 08:11 AM, said:

You need you find, fab,or buy something like this and keep them on your buggy.http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-sandladders.htm

Smittybilt element ramps work very well at $150. Part #2790. I have heard very positive feedback from customers who've used them out at corbett.
Most people aren't brave, they are just too stupid to realize what they are doing.

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4.0 with a 6 speed hand shaker: 4" Skyjacker lift, Super Lift bent Control Arms, High Rock front and rear bumpers, Rubicon Express Hand throttle ,Cragar 15" Soft 8's wrapped with 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers.

VP High Rollers Jeep Club

#26 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

View PostLost Sheep, on 15 August 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

Smittybilt element ramps work very well at $150. Part #2790. I have heard very positive feedback from customers who've used them out at corbett.

the plywood and uhaul truck rear door i found worked out pretty well

View PostWardie, on 15 August 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

It was a nightmare to remember!!!

it was a good time
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#27 User is offline   Big Red One 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

View PostWardie, on 14 August 2011 - 01:04 AM, said:

Thanks Tom , Dave and Bill! I hope Kevin can get us out. I'm heading out there early as well. Still to be on the safe side if anyone else can get out there with a buggy or a Big (Red) Jeep, LOL I'd appreciate it, Any big jeep, or jeeps, are more than appreciated!

Not sure if this is a reference to me, but here is my #786@269@6612...next time give me a call if needed, I have 2 30' straps, tall high-lift, and a home-built pull pal with a 2' by 3' blade that pulled me out from a mile in once, no trees, after I took out BOTH driveshafts... on a SOLO :insane: ride... :banghead: The MM Hydro pulled for 4 hours almost non stop.
89 YJ, AMC 360, 102" OF NOISE AND BOOGER WELDS
MAKING GOOD DECISIONS COMES FROM EXPERIENCE ...
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM MAKING BAD DECISIONS ...

#28 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:59 AM

please call asap... 954 559 5781 in need of your help ... got my buggy stuck in a pond 8/22/11
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic