Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tom Wood's Discount?

#1 User is offline   Trailblazer 

• Second Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

Is there a Jeep Talk discount for Tom Woods?
BUILD IN PROCESS:
YJ, Chevy 350/th350/np208, front & rear stretch, MileMarker 12k winch, D44 w/ OX Locker & 4.88's,
12-bolt w/ Detroit Locker & 4.88's, 38.50x14.50r15 TSL/SX, 15x14 Centerline Wheels

#2 User is offline   Livefree 

• Major

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

Even if they don't give discounts you're getting the best. I have two sets of Tom wood drove shafts. If I broke one today I would buy another.
2002 JT X, 35" MTR Kavlar Goodyear tires, Trail Ready 15"x 10" aluminum Beadlock Rims. Ox Lockers both axles, Currie Anti-Rock, Dana 44’s with Chromoly axles , Custom bully up, Warn 9500ti, 4” long arm lift, 1-1/2” body lift, 1” motor mount lift and more. Atlas 2 speed Transfer case, Custom High Steering and Tom Woods Front and rear Drive shafts. Sniper Fab front Bumper, and Jeeperman Rear. T&T Zero HI line front fenders and corner wrap skins with 4" LED tail lights.

#3 User is offline   BlackOpsPete 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

Are drive shafts only drive shafts until you install them and use them and then they become drove shafts? :wacko:

JFWY
88 YJ "OLYMPIC" EDITION - 4.2, BA10, TrueTrac LSDs Front and Rear, Posilock, 4.10 gears, 4"RC Lift, 3"spacers, 2"shackles, GM HEI Dist, Motorcraft 2100 carb, SYE and Tom Woods CV drive shaft...

Once you go SQUARE you'll...take that dare!...like you don't care!...and make them stare!...Cause you got a pair!...of Squares :)

#4 User is offline   Livefree 

• Major

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:08 AM

That's what I get for texting and driving.
2002 JT X, 35" MTR Kavlar Goodyear tires, Trail Ready 15"x 10" aluminum Beadlock Rims. Ox Lockers both axles, Currie Anti-Rock, Dana 44’s with Chromoly axles , Custom bully up, Warn 9500ti, 4” long arm lift, 1-1/2” body lift, 1” motor mount lift and more. Atlas 2 speed Transfer case, Custom High Steering and Tom Woods Front and rear Drive shafts. Sniper Fab front Bumper, and Jeeperman Rear. T&T Zero HI line front fenders and corner wrap skins with 4" LED tail lights.

#5 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:40 AM

View PostBlackOpsPete, on 26 April 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

Are drive shafts only drive shafts until you install them and use them and then they become drove shafts? :wacko:

JFWY

No they are not. Certain manufacturers use heavier materials, tubes, yokes, u-joints, etc. They also modify moving angle to a degree so it does not bind as you are articulating. Some offer insurance that will repair or replace for a small amount of the purchase price. I know Tom does.

Regarding a discount if you mentioned JeepTalk as long as you are a registered member. I'll have to email him and find out, one of the reasons you should be entering JOM on a steady basis. :grin: I know that some of our other sponsors do give a discount with registration proof.

What LiveFree meant to say is that if he broke one (without insurance) he would buy another Tom Wood. I would too. :ya:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#6 User is offline   Trailblazer 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

Since my jeep isn't running yet, i might have to winch it up on top of my neighbors civic and take a pic for JOM. I'll make it blurry so it looks like i'm moving.

I ask about the discount cuz they make a real nice SYE kit for the Chevy np208 with the rear cv shaft http://www.4xshaft.c...n-32Spline.html . Unfortunatly it's like $600 and i have to ship back the old tail nose and output shaft to avoid the $400 core sharge.

There's only one other company selling an np208 SYE and it's $200 less but doesn't include a shorter nose tail and I would have to drill and tap the stock output shaft myself.

Here is a pic of it that i found on another site...
Posted Image
BUILD IN PROCESS:
YJ, Chevy 350/th350/np208, front & rear stretch, MileMarker 12k winch, D44 w/ OX Locker & 4.88's,
12-bolt w/ Detroit Locker & 4.88's, 38.50x14.50r15 TSL/SX, 15x14 Centerline Wheels

#7 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

View PostTrailblazer, on 27 April 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

There's only one other company selling an np208 SYE and it's $200 less but doesn't include a shorter nose tail and I would have to drill and tap the stock output shaft myself.

save today spend tomorrow :empathy:

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic