• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Local Weather

#1 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:22 AM

Member Local Weather Sidebar

We have installed a new feature for JeepTalk members that gathers local weather information from WeatherBug according to your own member settings.

The Weather Box will be located on the main page Sidebar toward the bottom as you scroll down.

If you are not logged, the board will display the default location that JeepTalk has chosen for the majority of the JeepTalk member population. Right now we have weather information refreshing every 60 minutes.

If a member is logged to JeepTalk they will see a "settings" link at the bottom of the box. They can change their location by zip or city, then choose a weather station tower near that location. Once you save, it will show your personal Weather information.

If you have additional questions on how it works or you encounter any problems please post.

Enjoy your new feature,

Admin

#2 User is offline   BlackOpsPete 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

Every time I go back to the main page I get this request for a user name and password but I'm already logged in..

Authentication Required

A username and password are being requested by http://jeeptalk.net. The site says: "IP.Board CP"
88 YJ "OLYMPIC" EDITION - 4.2, BA10, TrueTrac LSDs Front and Rear, Posilock, 4.10 gears, 4"RC Lift, 3"spacers, 2"shackles, GM HEI Dist, Motorcraft 2100 carb, SYE and Tom Woods CV drive shaft...

Once you go SQUARE you'll...take that dare!...like you don't care!...and make them stare!...Cause you got a pair!...of Squares :)

#3 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

Please detail you steps with error for each step.

Before you do this, close all browser windows, delete browser history, cache, cookies.

Admin

#4 User is offline   ChuckieB 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostBlackOpsPete, on 06 April 2011 - 11:05 AM, said:

Every time I go back to the main page I get this request for a user name and password but I'm already logged in..

Authentication Required

A username and password are being requested by http://jeeptalk.net. The site says: "IP.Board CP"

I'm getting this same box. I just hit cancel and it goes away.

#5 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

I am experiencing the same thing, but am just dealing with it. I have too much work related stuff (which I access regularly) to delete my history, cache, cookies, etc so I'm just going with it. I have found this on Win7 (32 and 64 bit) using both Chrome and IE8. I haven't noticed it using Mac OS10.6 with either Safari or Chrome. I can see that I am clearly logged in, but still get the modal dialog to log in again. Entering my login credentials in these fields doesn't really do anything either. When I hit the 'LogIn' button, it just clears the fields and asks me to do it again. Hitting the 'Cancel' button removes the dialog and returns me to JT, where I am logged in. Hope that helps...

-dave

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

We are trying to troubleshoot, I'm not able to reproduce. Might have to shut it down.

Regarding deleting cache, cookies, etc. You don't have to delete all of them, just the ones from jeeptalk.net

Thank you all for reporting.

Admin

#7 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

I went to "Tools" and deleted all I can delete, history, cache, cookies, etc and then shut down the computer and restarted it. I stiil get this box on sign in and when I clickeded the forum. They are not looking for JT's password, tried that, but your server address I did not try that one. I figured some one hacked into JT and is looking for user names and passwords to steal your identity - I too just hit delete however this topic did not appear when I logged back in and I even tried viewing the topics dating back one week. I had to go to the forums to find this topic.

#8 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

View PostWardie, on 06 April 2011 - 01:53 PM, said:

I figured some one hacked into JT and is looking for user names and passwords to steal your identity - I too just hit delete however this topic did not appear when I logged back in and I even tried viewing the topics dating back one week. I had to go to the forums to find this topic.

No one is trying to hack on to JeepTalk, too much security. It's a bug with he modification, we are trying to resolve it. Might need to take it down, I'm close to solving.

Not sure I understand what you described regarding the last part.

Made a small change, can someone advise if they are still getting the login window popup?

Thank you,
Admin

#9 User is offline   YJay92 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

im not getting it anymore
1992 YJ, 4.0, auto, HP D30 w/TJ chromoly shafts, Ford 8.8 LSD, 4.10 gears, NP231J w/AA SYE, Tom Woods Drive Shaft, 4" Pro Comp lift, 1.25" shackle lift, 35" MTZ's, 10,000lb winch, Mark VIII fan, 136 amp alternator, TJ flares, homemade snorkel and rock rails, no track bars or sway bar

Square Headlight Intense Team []lllllll[]

#10 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

View PostAdmin, on 06 April 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

Not sure I understand what you described regarding the last part.

What I was saying was the topic about local weather did not show on the new topics even when i checked the topics for the last 24 hours and then topics for the last week --I could only find it by clicking on the forum that is in the tool bar.
BTW I'm not getting it any more either.

#11 User is offline   BlackOpsPete 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

Yep, looks good now!
88 YJ "OLYMPIC" EDITION - 4.2, BA10, TrueTrac LSDs Front and Rear, Posilock, 4.10 gears, 4"RC Lift, 3"spacers, 2"shackles, GM HEI Dist, Motorcraft 2100 carb, SYE and Tom Woods CV drive shaft...

Once you go SQUARE you'll...take that dare!...like you don't care!...and make them stare!...Cause you got a pair!...of Squares :)

#12 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

All should now be fixed. We tested this morning (thank you JeepNWilly for helping), all security levels are working properly for Weather addition.

It does not mean that Weather interface minor enhancements are still not being done in the background but the major problem is now gone.

Thank you to those who reported in detail, screen shots, etc as well.

Admin

#13 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Glad I was able to help out :2thumup:
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

I not too much of a hassle I would like to see the default that shows for non registered or logged members at different locations of the country or world. Maybe every month or so. Just a thought.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#15 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

View PostJim B, on 08 April 2011 - 06:17 AM, said:

I not too much of a hassle I would like to see the default that shows for non registered or logged members at different locations of the country or world. Maybe every month or so. Just a thought.

Jim,
Here is a solution for you.

Add yourself a calendar reminder on your iPhone and set it to once a month. That way you can go and update the default :devilgrin: I am sure Admin can get you the access :devilgrin:

:rof:
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

I get no respect around here. :1baby:

Your right, it is a hassle. Best to leave the default as is. :mouthzip1:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic