• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CrackerJack/CrackerJill Wrenchin 4/2-4/3/2011

#31 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

A big thanks to all those that made it by this weekend. I know the work was hard and the sun was relentless. We didn't get far with the projects but it was not due to a lack of effort. That's the down side of working on a 22 year old jeep. The rear spring bolts had to be cut off w/ a grinder and the rear brake line to the "T" was stripped and would not come off for anything. We did get the slave cylinder, clutch, and radiator hoses changed on CJ II. 7 jeeps then went for what was supposed to be a short wheeling trip. I popped a bead and we had no one w/ a compressor. Took tire to gas station got it reinflated and put back on. Decided to take another path on the way out which became a stuck-fest. A TJ got buried sideways and I spent prob close to 3 hrs trying to get him out. Had to leave his jeep there for the night. Got back home at 1 a.m. Jorge came back for more punishment today and it was more of the same fighting to get every bolt off. I'll keep hacking at it after work every day til its done. I'll post pics tomorrow and smalljeepette has some on her phone that hopefully she'll post. Thanks again to:

Gary (whiteyj)
Rich (Goblin)
Chris (SmallJEEP)
Megan (SmallJEEPette)
Tommy (ljrubitm)
Jorge (Hartke20g)
Jason (YJay92)
Gary (Broward Mudders)
Chris (Broward Mudders)
Omarrh - thanks for the jack stands
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
1989 YJ. 2"BL, semi-functional snorkel, little "girlie" tires
2001 F350 7.3L turbo diesel, Square Headlights
2007 Honda Rancher 4x4 27" Vampire tires, Square Headlights
Member: South Florida Jeep Club
FOUNDER: Square Headlight Intense Team
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."
"NEVER look down on someone unless you are helping them up"
"I'm not smart but I can lift heavy things"

Posted Image

#32 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

Unfortunately I still got more work to do than I care to admit. I can use some help tomorrow if anyone is available. PM me for directions if needed. Thanks
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."

Posted Image

#33 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

I would gladly help but unfortunately I also have may hands full

#34 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

View PostTranyDoctor, on 08 April 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

I would gladly help but unfortunately I also have may hands full

Thanks. I know you got a full plate. I've been hitting it after work all this week w/ Dave. Tania's bolts are being a pain in the butt! Dave and Jorge are going to help in the morning. The hardest stuff is done. Should be hownhill from here. :mouthzip1: :nervous:

Posted Image

#35 User is offline   ljrubitm 

• Major

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

Sorry Jack I couldn't make it back this weekend. She wanted it to be her weekend. Something about " If the wife aint happy, no ones happy"

#36 User is offline   smallJEEPette 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

I'll post the pics that I have in a little bit. But it won't be tonight. Too dang tired. Spent the whole day at my niece's softball games. XD

#37 User is offline   andrez109 

• Sergeant FirstClass

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:21 PM

I have all of Sunday off so if you need a hand , let me know!
2006 Jeep rubicon tj l 4 inch lift l 35" mtz's l smittybilt bumpers l KC rally lights l Smittybilt XRC10 comp winch l Ground Pounder fab bumper/tire carrier l arb snorkel
Member South Florida Jeep Club

#38 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

No prob Tommy. You helped plenty already. I'll be here again today if you can swing by Andres. Thanks to Pete and Jorge for helping me out yesterday. We made good progress yesterday. I thought my rear pinion bearing was bad, only to find out the nut had backed off some. We replaced the pinion seal since it was already apart. Wife's jeep is 95% complete. Gotta get her old stuff on CJ and I also want to change diff,tranny, and tc fluids on new jeep. Been slacking w/ the pics but I'll try to get some up later.

Posted Image

#39 User is offline   BlackOpsPete 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

Thanks Jack and Tania the hospitality. Glad I could help and since you fed me and showed me a cool little local spot to go wheelin I think I came out on top!!!

I got stuck twice yesterday :amazed: but pulled out 3 or 4 others :strong2: so again, I came out ahead! That was the first wheelin trip for this new (to me) YJ :nervous: and it performed far and away better than I thought and I'm happy with rig :1thumb: . Gave me some good clues on what to work on next too. :2thumup:

Good luck today. If your still building next week I might be able to make the trip down again if you need.

Take care - Pete :cheers:
88 YJ "OLYMPIC" EDITION - 4.2, BA10, TrueTrac LSDs Front and Rear, Posilock, 4.10 gears, 4"RC Lift, 3"spacers, 2"shackles, GM HEI Dist, Motorcraft 2100 carb, SYE and Tom Woods CV drive shaft...

Once you go SQUARE you'll...take that dare!...like you don't care!...and make them stare!...Cause you got a pair!...of Squares :)

#40 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

Got more help from Sergio, Andres, Ivan, and Andrew. Had to drill out the 3 leaf spring bushings we had cut the bolts off in w/ a grinder and beat the holy crap out of it w/ a hammer and air chisel. Wifey is really pleased with how her jeep looks. We also changed diff oil and t/c oil on the new jeep. Rear diff had some serious mud boggin sludge in it. I gotta get some bolts to relace the ones we cut off so I can put my jeep back together. We put axles and tires on my jeep just to roll it out of the way to get wife's jeep past it. Again I want to thank everyone who's helped me with this project. What was supposed to be a relatively easy swap turned out to be a major pain in my butt. I appreciate all the support and for everyone making time to lend a hand. :2thumup: Pics will be up tomorrow for sure.

Posted Image

#41 User is offline   PigPen 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

Glad i was able to help.... I got some pics with my phone

CrackerJack is ready for some serious 4wheelin now!!
Posted Image

CrackerJill
Posted Image

CrackerJack II new bumper/frame/DS paint job
Posted Image

Posted Image
97 TJ - 35's, mucho mud, a lot of dents and scratches
86 Dodge Ram V8- a lot of lift, 39's (FOR SALE)
A lilttle bit of every year Suzuki Samurai- 42s tractor tires, chevy drivetrain, and a bunch of homemade stuff (FOR SALE)
Suzuki Samurai- 38.5 boggers, 6.5:1 tranfer case, heavy duty steering and other stuff.. (FOR SALE)
2000 Dodge Ram 1500- 32's

#42 User is offline   BlackOpsPete 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

Dude you did get alot done today!!!

Is C J II and CJill(new and improved) going to the meeting this week?
88 YJ "OLYMPIC" EDITION - 4.2, BA10, TrueTrac LSDs Front and Rear, Posilock, 4.10 gears, 4"RC Lift, 3"spacers, 2"shackles, GM HEI Dist, Motorcraft 2100 carb, SYE and Tom Woods CV drive shaft...

Once you go SQUARE you'll...take that dare!...like you don't care!...and make them stare!...Cause you got a pair!...of Squares :)

#43 User is offline   andrez109 

• Sergeant FirstClass

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

jack I think you forgot to fix the lights on crackerjack II , I'm pretty sure theyre supposed to be round...
2006 Jeep rubicon tj l 4 inch lift l 35" mtz's l smittybilt bumpers l KC rally lights l Smittybilt XRC10 comp winch l Ground Pounder fab bumper/tire carrier l arb snorkel

#44 User is offline   hartke20g 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

View Postandrez109, on 10 April 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

jack I think you forgot to fix the lights on crackerjack II , I'm pretty sure theyre supposed to be round...

great minds think alike!

good to see you made a lot more progress Jack. now we just gotta get some TJ flares on CJill and let her get used to how it handles before monsoon season starts
1998 TJ 4.0 Sahara 3.5" coils, skyjacker hydro 7000s, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, D35/D30, 33x12.5 mud kings, HF 8k winch, snorkel. "Military Edition"

#45 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:11 AM

I was trying to not show any pics of CJack. Its embarrassing to see the jeep so low. :down: That's the problem w/ getting Sergio to help. His femanine side always comes out. :baby: Not sure if Jill will be at the meeting or not. I got a couple small things to finish up after work and want to make sure Tania is comfortable driving her. The rear flares rub slightly. It's a ways away from the house to her job. We will see. CJack II may make an appearance.

Posted Image

#46 User is offline   PigPen 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:55 AM

CJ II got 50/50ed
A lilttle bit of every year Suzuki Samurai- 42s tractor tires, chevy drivetrain, and a bunch of homemade stuff (FOR SALE)
Suzuki Samurai- 38.5 boggers, 6.5:1 tranfer case, heavy duty steering and other stuff.. (FOR SALE)

#47 Guest_CrackerJill_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

Thanks to Jack and everybody that worked on Cracker Jill. I love it! :bounce: You guys did an awesome job! She can hang with the guys now. I took her around the block for a test drive and I guess this is what you call carnage........wait, I wasn't wheeling so I guess that isn't carnage? I don't know. I tried telling Jack that I heard a weird noise but he kept assuring me that everything was fine. I stopped around the corner and I heard a loud noise-the rear drive shaft just fell off :sos: GREAT DAY! Sergio came to the rescue. He towed me back home :ya:

Once again thank you guys for comming over and helping out. I LOVE MY JEEP! :biggrin1:

#48 User is offline   BlackOpsPete 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

..."and I heard a loud noise-the rear drive shaft just fell off" :lol:

#49 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

View PostBlackOpsPete, on 11 April 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

..."and I heard a loud noise-the rear drive shaft just fell off" :lol:

totally my fault. I was missing one of the rear U-joint strap bolts. I knew it couldn't be driven far w/o it but thought it would make it around the block. After 9 consecutive days and 30+ hrs of busting my hump, I was excited to see her take it for a short ride. Bad idea :empathy: Will take care of it today!

Posted Image

#50 User is offline   BlackOpsPete 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

You had alot of loose ends with three jeeps demanding your attention and in varying levels of dis-assembly. I don't think I could keep track of all that especially with so many other hands in the mix and "assuming" each jobs was done and done right, so you did OK I think.

#51 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

View PostCrackerJack, on 11 April 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

totally my fault. I was missing one of the rear U-joint strap bolts.

Straps? Really? You should upgrade them to the u-bolt style. See here here for more info...

:beer:

-dave

#52 User is offline   smallJEEPette 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

Nice going CrackerJack. Lol

#53 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

View Post92SquareEye, on 11 April 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

Straps? Really? You should upgrade them to the u-bolt style. See here here for more info...

:beer:

-dave

It was the U bolt type strap. thank you very much! That's why I thought we could make it around the block. Here's some pics. I didn't do a great job getting pics of the entire process.

CJack I and II before Cjack "got low"
Posted Image

YJay92 gettin dirty
Posted Image

Posted Image

Tommy hard at work
Posted Image

Considering going for the Mexican look. Viva la Raza!
Posted Image

Posted Image

I got no clue what she is doing
Posted Image

Going to the gas station to re-seat the bead after blowing it on the "After wrenching" ride
Posted Image

Final product!!
Posted Image

Today I drilled the front track bar relocation bracket, attached sway bars, changed the fuel filter. When I bled the rear brakes nothing came out. Looks like the proportional valve is bad. Going to replace it tomorrow after work and HOPEFULLY will be done with her jeep for a while. :banghead1:

Posted Image

#54 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:45 PM

View Postandrez109, on 10 April 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

10-4 good buddie - I agree :thumbsup: :whistle:

View PostPigPen, on 10 April 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

Glad i was able to help.... I got some pics with my phone

CrackerJack is ready for some serious 4wheelin now!!
Posted Image

That's just all wrong! :banghead1:

View PostPigPen, on 10 April 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

CrackerJill
Posted Image

Very nice - can't wait to see ya!
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ
Member: The WINCH TEAM = Women In Need of Constant Horsepower TEAM

"If you run away, you will fall. If you face it like a bull, you will rise."
"HONESTY you can work with - NOT LIES"
"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."
"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional."

That's all folks!

#55 User is offline   StuckZilla 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:58 PM

Looks marvelous! Good job.
SFJC President
99 TJ - Wrangler Sport
35" Procomp MT, 4.56 RP, 4" Susp, 1" Body, 1" Motor Mount Lift
F: Detroit TrueTrac LS, Chromoly Shafts, Slotted & Drilled Rotors
R: Detroit Soft-Locker & 30 Spline D35c, SYE
Smitty XRC8000 Winch on A-Z Plate & Hella Lights

#56 User is offline   smallJEEPette 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

I was hiding. Y'all had said that something might blow up. I was scared. LOL

#57 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

Tania has been driving her jeep for about a week now and she loves it. I installed the Rugged Ridge HD tie rod and drag link that I had just ordered for my old jeep. :banghead1: One issue that kicked my butt for over a week was her brake pedal was soft. Noticed no fluid going the the T at the rear axle. Found proportional valve was bad. Replaced it and fluid was going to the rear but pedal still soft. Replaced master cylinder, booster, a wheel cylinder, and bled the system 40+ times and no change. What it ended up being was I had to extend the shaft from the booster to the master. I didn't know the end was threaded on and could be adjusted. Learn something new every day. :biggrin1:

Going to be working on my jeep(s) this Sat. I gotta finish getting Jack back together and need to replace the rear axle seals on Jack II. If anyone is available feel free to stop by. Maybe we can go test out the new seals in the mud in the afternoon. :whistle:

Posted Image

#58 User is offline   PigPen 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

I'll be there

#59 User is offline   andrez109 

• Sergeant FirstClass

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

count me in

#60 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Cool, thanks. I reolaced both rear axle seals and found I had a bad bearing on the rear driver's side axle. replaced that and should have it all back together tonight. Should only have to focus on getting CJ together. I'll be up early. Come by when you can.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Miami Jeep Fort Lauderdale Jeep Dealer