Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nature Instead of Prescriptions

#1 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

Sent this to a few of my friends. I thought I would share. Over the weekend I had a discussion with a person that turned me on to some of these as I personally know a few people that suffer from some. Post up if you have any others.

Hawthorn Berry
http://www.herbwisdo...horn-berry.html

Yarrow Tea
http://www.brighthub...cles/27106.aspx

Lime Blossom
http://www.brighthub...cles/56912.aspx

Liquid Stevia: Better than sugar, just as sweet or more.
http://www.stevia.com/

Stevia is a South American herb that has been used as a sweetener by the Guarani Indians of Paraguay for hundreds of years. The leaves of this small, green Stevia rebaudiana plant have a delicious and refreshing taste that can be 30 times sweeter than sugar.

Stevia has many excellent properties. The body does not metabolize the sweet glycosides from the stevia leaf or any of its processed forms - so there is no caloric intake. Stevia doesn't adversely affect blood glucose levels and may be used freely by diabetics.

Glucosamine and Chondroitin
Back and Joint pain
http://orthopedics.a...glucosamine.htm
http://www.umm.edu/a...itin-000293.htm

European Mistletoe
http://nccam.nih.gov/health/mistletoe/
Do not buy un processed or American mistletoe, they are poisonous.
Treats seizures, headaches, and other conditions.
Mistletoe is used mainly in Europe as a treatment for cancer.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#2 User is offline   Angler 

• Captain
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Jim look up spirulina and clorela also chia seeds
02 Red TJ angler sport
MTR's 35x12.50, OX, front & rear Dana 44,30, 456 gears, WARN bumpers front & rear tire carrier, 6"longarm skyjacker lift ,Johnny joints, BDS 9500 shocks, Tom wood's drive shaft, Cobra 75 cb, Garmin GPS, 4' firestick, 6" kc slimlights, flowmaster 40 exhaust, WARN 9.5 ti, Poison spyder rockers, WARN steering box skidplate, Delta xenon headlights, K&N Air intake, 1 1/4 JKS bodylift, TP paper

Posted Image
2008 SouthEast JeepFest Champ of the ramp & 50/50 offroad team ANGLER'S YOU TUBE

#3 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

I'm trying to find a local or a good site I can purchase some of these at a decent price. Anyone know of any?

I've searched and here is quite a few sites but I want to bypass the trial and error thing.
El Niņo

"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.

#4 User is offline   JeepsR4Grlz2 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

I recommend Swanson Vitamins and Nature's Sunshine. Nature's Sunshine products are high quality and quite a few Alternative Med practicioners endorse and sell their products. They can be pricy, but the quality is there. Swanson is a more affordable alternative. Good quality, good customer service and great prices. :2thumup:
Posted Image

Silly Boys....JeepsR4Grlz

NOT ALL WOMEN ARE PASSENGERS

My Jeep Space

#5 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

Some may have known that I have been very ill for a very long time now! Many searchings, many changes, many tests, 2 ER visits and much needed more ER visits... but worked through it on my own, CAT scans, sonograms, 2 blood tests while in ER and doctor's blood tests of (just going back to September) about 5 different times, finally they ordered blood test for vitamin D. Guess what, VITAMIN D deficient - BAD! Even though they discovered I have silent Gerd which is a total different issue, check out Vitamin D deficient issues it could be fatal AND the doctors never check for it! Get yourself and your kids off of the TV, off the computer, and out in ths sun! I stopped going in the sun as advised from my dermotologist after Summer of 2009 and the determotogist did not advise me to take a Vitamin D supplement. Go figure. By the way, you can't wear sunblock either if you want your body to produce Vitamin D naturally. I'm just hoping that the lack of sun and supplementing is the problem. Lack of vitamin D can cause..just a few to list...heart problems/attach; cronic wide-spread muscle pain (like fybromialga - which they wanted me to go on meds for because they were just guessing); fatigue; certain cancers...
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ
Member: The WINCH TEAM = Women In Need of Constant Horsepower TEAM

"If you run away, you will fall. If you face it like a bull, you will rise."
"HONESTY you can work with - NOT LIES"
"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."
"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional."

That's all folks!

#6 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:52 AM

View PostAngler, on 17 March 2011 - 08:23 PM, said:

Jim look up spirulina and clorela also chia seeds

What are these used for :question:

View PostJeepsR4Grlz2, on 18 March 2011 - 12:17 PM, said:

I recommend Swanson Vitamins and Nature's Sunshine. Nature's Sunshine products are high quality and quite a few Alternative Med practicioners endorse and sell their products. They can be pricy, but the quality is there. Swanson is a more affordable alternative. Good quality, good customer service and great prices. :2thumup:

Thank you for the info. Is Swanson online or are they local, did not look yet?

View PostGutsy, on 18 March 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

Guess what, VITAMIN D deficient - BAD! Even though they discovered I have silent Gerd which is a total different issue, check out Vitamin D deficient issues it could be fatal AND the doctors never check for it! Go figure. By the way, you can't wear sunblock either if you want your body to produce Vitamin D naturally. I'm just hoping that the lack of sun and supplementing is the problem. Lack of vitamin D can cause..just a few to list...heart problems/attach; cronic wide-spread muscle pain (like fybromialga - which they wanted me to go on meds for because they were just guessing); fatigue; certain cancers...

Wow, glad they found it and never new this about D. One is almost caught in a catch 22 with the Sun. I guess it is all in moderation. Do you feel that a D supplement can be a substitute for you :question:
El Niņo

#7 User is offline   JeepsR4Grlz2 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:23 AM

Swanson is online.
Posted Image

My Jeep Space

#8 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

View PostJim B, on 21 March 2011 - 06:52 AM, said:

Wow, glad they found it and never new this about D. One is almost caught in a catch 22 with the Sun. I guess it is all in moderation. Do you feel that a D supplement can be a substitute for you :question:

The catch 22 is that too much VitD is toxic, it's a fat soluable? Stores in your fat? I little confused on this, but every single cell in your body uses Vitamin D. I read on-line that the sun is very good for you, just not getting burned over and over. Recommendation is 15-20 minutes 3-4 x's per week (mid-day) - no can do the mid-day but trying evening. I also read that 2,000iu is good, but I think that is without sun and people who live North of Atlanta. Doc said to stick with 1,000iu and go in sun. They have home test kits, a little pricey, but it includes sending your test paper to the lab...just a prick of the finger. Results you get in 2-3 weeks and they tell you how many ius you need to take...I'm going to try this cause the doc said they won't re-check for another 8 weeks. I also can no longer swallow the multi-vitamins. Got a chewable orange flavor VitD 400iu and take 2 for now. I also just found liquid multi-vitamin w/ minerals which contains 1,000iu of the VitD. I'll do this for now plus a little sun until it builds back up again. *By the way...if you take antacids, prilosec, etc., do not take Vitamin D for 2 hours before or 4 hours after taking the antacid. I take the prilosec 1st thing in a.m. and take the Vitamins at lunch time - you must take your vitamins with food.
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ

"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."

That's all folks!

#9 User is offline   JeepsR4Grlz2 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

Vitamins are classified as either fat soluble (vitamins A, D, E and K) or water soluble (vitamins B and C). This difference between the two groups is very important. It determines how each vitamin acts within the body.

The fat soluble vitamins are soluble in lipids (fats). These vitamins are usually absorbed in fat globules (called chylomicrons) that travel through the lymphatic system of the small intestines and into the general blood circulation within the body. These fat soluble vitamins, especially vitamins A and E, are then stored in body tissues.

Fat soluble vitamins, once they have been stored in tissues in the body, tend to remain there. This means that if a person takes in too much of a fat soluble vitamin, over time they can have too much of that vitamin present in their body, a potentially dangerous condition called hypervitaminosis (literally, too much vitamin in the body).

Water soluble vitamins are vitamins that our bodies do not store. These vitamins dissolve in water when they are ingested, then go in to the blood stream. The body keeps what it needs at that time, and excess amounts are excreted in the urine. Since they can't be stored, everybody needs a continuous supply of water soluble vitamins in order to stay healthy.

One more thing...sunlight is the best way to naturally get your Vitamin D. Sunscreen with an SPF of 8 or higher blocks the UVB rays that are needed for your skin to be able to generate Vitamin D from sunlight, so skip the Coppertone.
Posted Image

My Jeep Space

#10 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

View PostJeepsR4Grlz2, on 23 March 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Vitamins are classified as either fat soluble (vitamins A, D, E and K) or water soluble (vitamins B and C). This difference between the two groups is very important. It determines how each vitamin acts within the body.

The fat soluble vitamins are soluble in lipids (fats). These vitamins are usually absorbed in fat globules (called chylomicrons) that travel through the lymphatic system of the small intestines and into the general blood circulation within the body. These fat soluble vitamins, especially vitamins A and E, are then stored in body tissues.

Fat soluble vitamins, once they have been stored in tissues in the body, tend to remain there. This means that if a person takes in too much of a fat soluble vitamin, over time they can have too much of that vitamin present in their body, a potentially dangerous condition called hypervitaminosis (literally, too much vitamin in the body).

Water soluble vitamins are vitamins that our bodies do not store. These vitamins dissolve in water when they are ingested, then go in to the blood stream. The body keeps what it needs at that time, and excess amounts are excreted in the urine. Since they can't be stored, everybody needs a continuous supply of water soluble vitamins in order to stay healthy.

One more thing...sunlight is the best way to naturally get your Vitamin D. Sunscreen with an SPF of 8 or higher blocks the UVB rays that are needed for your skin to be able to generate Vitamin D from sunlight, so skip the Coppertone.

Thanks, that's much easier to understand. And that's why the urine is much different when taking the other vitamins. Now, why did my doctor not tell my how long it will take to start feeling better with the VitD supplements and sun? And I can't seem to find this on google. I did find on google that with VitD deficiency sometimes doctors recommend 10,000iu HELLO???? PM me - if my memory is correct you have much needed skills...I can't stand the pain anymore.
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ

That's all folks!

#11 User is offline   JeepsR4Grlz2 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

It could take months...depends on the individual. Don't ever go above 2,000 iu. Yep, I will PM you.
Posted Image

My Jeep Space

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic