Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Front diff disasembly 2/23/2011

#1 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

I know it is short notice but after work today I'm going to take apart my front diff and see what's up w/ it. Pretty sure the pinion bearing is bad. Hoping my gears aren't damaged. Planning on starting around 4 p.m. Will order some pizza if anyone can lend a hand for a couple hours. Located in Miami. PM me for address if you can make it.
Thanks
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
1989 YJ. 2"BL, semi-functional snorkel, little "girlie" tires
2001 F350 7.3L turbo diesel, Square Headlights
2007 Honda Rancher 4x4 27" Vampire tires, Square Headlights
Member: South Florida Jeep Club
FOUNDER: Square Headlight Intense Team
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."
"NEVER look down on someone unless you are helping them up"
"I'm not smart but I can lift heavy things"

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

A big thanks goes out to TallJeep for lending a hand. Once he FINALLY ( :whistle: ) figured out how to get to my house he fixed a problem I've had w/ my steering wheel having lots of play. There are 4 screws that hold the tilt wheel tight to the column. 2 of mine were backed out and the other 2 were very loose. I found a good write-up w/ lots of pics HERE

On the front diff I pulled out the axle shafts. I spun the ring and pinion gears around several times and they look to be fine. The pinion definately has play in it though. Going to pop out the carrier today and see if I can get the pinion out. Also noticed the upper ball joint was bad so I'll replace them both since I already have everything apart. :2thumup:

Special mention also goes out to Lrd Jeffson for taking the time to drive over to the house to let me know he wouldn't be able to make it. :cheers: :1thumb: :unsure:
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   YJay92 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

Since you have taken your axle shafts and diff out what time should I expect you this weekend to help me do mine? :biggrin1:
1992 YJ, 4.0, auto, HP D30 w/TJ chromoly shafts, Ford 8.8 LSD, 4.10 gears, NP231J w/AA SYE, Tom Woods Drive Shaft, 4" Pro Comp lift, 1.25" shackle lift, 35" MTZ's, 10,000lb winch, Mark VIII fan, 136 amp alternator, TJ flares, homemade snorkel and rock rails, no track bars or sway bar

Square Headlight Intense Team []lllllll[]

#4 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

View PostYJay92, on 24 February 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

Since you have taken your axle shafts and diff out what time should I expect you this weekend to help me do mine? :biggrin1:

Come help me put mine back together Sat and then just do the same thing in the reverse order. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic