Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rollover Protection

#1 User is offline   RunninBare 

• Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

While we are all concerned for Steve, someone brought up a good point about the safety of our rigs with concern of rollover protection. I read he was driving Dino's Jeep. Dino, any chance of posting some photos of your rig so others can make a decision of up-graded rollbar systems?
I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TZBTyTWOZCM
1-20-2013...end of an error

#2 User is offline   JBYDesign 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

Good call... while we are all pulling for Steve's speedy recovery... learning how we might upgrade our cages might be some good coming out of the demise of Dino's rig! I am currently looking at upgrading to a bolt in RockHard sport cage
'04 TJ 3" BL lift and 2.5" OME with 32" KM2s custom short cab frenched tail lights bedlinered int. shrockworks sliders custom H1 style intake, 20mm motor can consol, blacked out everything!

#3 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Any other different roll bar would not have helped the jeep in this case. As far as any person driving a car, truck or jeep...it's the seat belt that matters. Wearing one saved a person once again.
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ
Member: The WINCH TEAM = Women In Need of Constant Horsepower TEAM

"If you run away, you will fall. If you face it like a bull, you will rise."
"HONESTY you can work with - NOT LIES"
"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."
"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional."

That's all folks!

#4 User is offline   Lulu Smiles 

• Captain

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

View PostGutsy, on Dec 6 2010, 05:47 PM, said:

Any other different roll bar would not have helped the jeep in this case. As far as any person driving a car, truck or jeep...it's the seat belt that matters. Wearing one saved a person once again.

Gotta agree with the seat belt. It's saved my life before many years ago when I totaled my truck up in Atlanta. After hitting a car head-on, another truck after that, and finally ending up 50 feet at the bottom of a ravine I limped away from that one only needing 3 stitches in my leg. The 3 I hit in the car, none of them wearing seatbelts, were not so lucky. The little girl in the back seat ended up in the windshield.
SMILES - former SFJC member - no modifications.
Lulu - Black & Tan German Shepherd - can read: Fun with Lulu, RIP May 25, 2021
Blue - '01 TJ Wrangler Sport - 2.5" lift on 33's sold when I moved to Italy

Frieda - Our first "Jeep" in Italy was a '98 Honda Civic, but Lulu didn't know it was really a car.
Rosie - '11 Jeep Compass Limited

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#5 User is offline   ljrubitm 

• Major

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

The day I stoped by to see Steve I stoped off at Dino's first. The windsheild frame was folded over to the drivers side pushed into the cab. The frame looked like it was pushed over to the drivers side. The brunt of the rollover happen on the passenger side. The one thing that got my eye was the steering wheel. looking at it the left side was pushed in tords the dash.
As for roll cages , any kit that would brace across the windsheild frame ( top or top & bottom ) . And one across the back would be the less for
a DD- weekend wheeler.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic