• You cannot reply to this topic

Clubs and Teams a-ok

#1 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:11 PM

:scratch:

As all of you have surfed JT and locals have visited Towers, you may have noticed and questioned different clubs and teams. As an outsider myself I have noticed that teams have branched off from clubs and I learned they are not competition teams…just a group that has a specific unique wheeling interest. I have also noticed that clubs split because of the same thing.

I think this is a-ok because people have different interests and this gives the opportunity for all likes and kinds to experience all likes and kinds of wheeling and jeeping. Whether you are a club non-member; club member; team member, you can enjoy all…except with club/team private events…which almost always you can participate if you are a guest. I like the different riding options given by the different clubs and teams (i.e. beginners; intermediates; pros…2wd; 4wd; atvs; jeeps, etc...mud; trails; dirt/sand; pebble; rock; mallcrawling, etc.).

I do think someone should have come up with a numbering-scale type system to link with their invites regarding the type of wheeling involved, and the experience needed (or not needed), and the type of equipment needed, to help out all likes and kinds.

PS: No ;) responses and/or opinions wanted.
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ
Member: The WINCH TEAM = Women In Need of Constant Horsepower TEAM

"If you run away, you will fall. If you face it like a bull, you will rise."
"HONESTY you can work with - NOT LIES"
"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."
"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional."

That's all folks!

#2 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

I agree Gutsy. Being in a few "teams" myself I think some people look at the creation of a new team and teams in general the wrong way. Teams are very different than clubs. They are not organized (atleast the ones I'm in :roll:), there are no by-laws, no officers, or dues. They are started usually by guys & girls who wheel together & decide they enjoy their comradery. They create the "team" as a means to be an official group of riding buddies. They have been on the trails together & they know they like the same type of wheeling & their personalities mesh. There is no competition w/ any club or other team. Yes, they occassionally do private rides but its no different than guys calling up some friends & deciding to go ride. I think to some when they see a new team formed they look at it as a clique but really its not. Its just a group of friends. Brian for example just recently joined sfjc but he's gone on a million rides w/ members of the club before he joined. I've gone on team rides as a guest.
Like you said, different strokes for different folks. Some don't want to beat the crap out of their rig & some bought it JUST so they could beat the crap out of it. Some like the look of an extreme jeep but have no intention of ever taking it offroad & some only want to do rides offroad. Whatever floats your boat. Teams in general should be viewed as a posive thing. It means more people are getting together & building relationships w/ their fellow jeepers. :2:
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
1989 YJ. 2"BL, semi-functional snorkel, little "girlie" tires
2001 F350 7.3L turbo diesel, Square Headlights
2007 Honda Rancher 4x4 27" Vampire tires, Square Headlights
Member: South Florida Jeep Club
FOUNDER: Square Headlight Intense Team
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."
"NEVER look down on someone unless you are helping them up"
"I'm not smart but I can lift heavy things"

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

hmm you must not like to follow directions :rof: she did say no comments or opinions wanted :lol: :rof: :roll: :cheers: :2:
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

View PostJeepNWilly, on May 20 2010, 09:57 PM, said:

hmm you must not like to follow directions :rof: she did say no comments or opinions wanted :lol: :rof: :2: :rof: :cheers:
Read it again my lil friend!!

View PostGutsy, on May 20 2010, 02:11 PM, said:

PS: No :lol: responses and/or opinions wanted.

NO :rof: responses or opinions. I think she wants a friendly discussion & not a big arguement over her post. I could be wrong. I think I have been wrong before. Maybe once...:roll:
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

View PostCrackerJack, on May 20 2010, 10:05 PM, said:

Read it again my lil friend!!

NO :2: responses or opinions. I think she wants a friendly discussion & not a big arguement over her post. I could be wrong. I think I have been wrong before. Maybe once...:roll:

:lol: you are correct. No " :cheers: " welcome.
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ

"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."

That's all folks!

#6 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

View PostGutsy, on May 20 2010, 10:14 PM, said:

:rof: you are correct. No ":roll:" welcome.

My bad :cheers: :rof: :lol:

:lol: :2:
Willy
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

View PostJeepNWilly, on May 20 2010, 10:16 PM, said:

My bad :lol: :rof: :rof:

:lol: :rof:

That's OK you are allowed one mistake! :2: I take that back, you have round ones so you are allowed all the mistakes you can mustar up! :cheers: :roll: :rof: Oops am I :lol:? I'm sorry, that's one of my many mistakes allowed because I have round ones too! hehe No really, thanks for the input regarding Clubs and Teams a-ok.
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ

That's all folks!

#8 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:27 AM

View PostJeepNWilly, on May 20 2010, 10:16 PM, said:

My bad :rof: :lol: :rof:

:lol: :2:

:lol: :rof: :roll: :wack: :rof: :nono: :no: :lol:
:cheers:

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   LadyJeffson 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:26 AM

View PostCrackerJack, on May 20 2010, 09:35 PM, said:

Like you said, different strokes for different folks. Some don't want to beat the crap out of their rig & some bought it JUST so they could beat the crap out of it. Some like the look of an extreme jeep but have no intention of ever taking it offroad & some only want to do rides offroad. Whatever floats your boat. Teams in general should be viewed as a posive thing. It means more people are getting together & building relationships w/ their fellow jeepers. :2:

And some build their old Jeep themselves (with the help of friends sometimes) on an extremely tight budget so if they beat it up, they won't stress out or go to the poor house over it! Not all Jeepers have an unlimited budget with a new this and new that to be installed. Some scrimp and save for years to do an upgrade with used parts they found at the junkyard or through a friend. And some even paint their rig themselves in a tent in the front yard, while their wife looks like this :shock:

Just sayin'... ;)
Holly
Yellow 92 YJ, Elvis, I share with LrdJeffson

Jeep...the power of American manufacturing...600,000 Jeeps deployed during WWII...a vehichle that can go anywhere, do anything...it embodies the American spirit!
Stuck happens! :0

"Your winch or mine?"

"One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
"The main thing is to keep the main thing as the main thing." ;)

Member of South Florida Jeep Club

#10 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

View PostLadyJeffson, on May 21 2010, 08:26 AM, said:

And some build their old Jeep themselves (with the help of friends sometimes) on an extremely tight budget so if they beat it up, they won't stress out or go to the poor house over it! Not all Jeepers have an unlimited budget with a new this and new that to be installed. Some scrimp and save for years to do an upgrade with used parts they found at the junkyard or through a friend. And some even paint their rig themselves in a tent in the front yard, while their wife looks like this ;)

Just sayin'... ;)

:shock: And he gives it the hammer every chance he gets. :2:
Willy
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:54 AM

And some build their old Jeep themselves (with the help of friends sometimes) on an extremely tight budget so if they beat it up, they won't stress out or go to the poor house over it! Not all Jeepers have an unlimited budget with a new this and new that to be installed. Some scrimp and save for years to do an upgrade with used parts they found at the junkyard or through a friend. And some even paint their rig themselves in a tent in the front yard, while their wife looks like this :2:

Just sayin'... ;)

But "rich kids" don't do that...... :shock:

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:04 AM

View PostCrackerJack, on May 20 2010, 09:35 PM, said:

I agree Gutsy. Being in a few "teams" myself I think some people look at the creation of a new team and teams in general the wrong way. Teams are very different than clubs. They are not organized (atleast the ones I'm in :shock:), there are no by-laws, no officers, or dues. They are started usually by guys & girls who wheel together & decide they enjoy their comradery. They create the "team" as a means to be an official group of riding buddies. They have been on the trails together & they know they like the same type of wheeling & their personalities mesh. There is no competition w/ any club or other team. Yes, they occassionally do private rides but its no different than guys calling up some friends & deciding to go ride. I think to some when they see a new team formed they look at it as a clique but really its not. Its just a group of friends. Brian for example just recently joined sfjc but he's gone on a million rides w/ members of the club before he joined. I've gone on team rides as a guest.

very well put, Jack. very well put. i dont have much to add since you said it all. but i am posting in here to subscribe to this post and see what others have to say.

with that being said, i wonder how many teams or clubs there will be on the Memorial Day weekend ride? everyone getting together and having a good time as fellow jeepers.

off topic, Jack did you ever thank Gutsy for that bumper she gave me, that i gave you? lol did it work out for ya?
90 YJ 4.2 - 3" BL / 4" RC Lift / 33x12.5x15 TSL Swampers / Smittybuilt XRC-10
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Member: Square Headlight Intense Team
Always looking to get dirty…
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

"If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them"
"Dont quote me on anything i say from knowledge.. only experience"

#13 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

And some build their old Jeep themselves (with the help of friends sometimes) on an extremely tight budget so if they beat it up, they won't stress out or go to the poor house over it! Not all Jeepers have an unlimited budget with a new this and new that to be installed. Some scrimp and save for years to do an upgrade with used parts they found at the junkyard or through a friend. And some even paint their rig themselves in a tent in the front yard, while their wife looks like this :2:

Just sayin'... ;)

I'm gonna need to borrow your tent and space when I'm ready! :shock:
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ

That's all folks!

#14 User is offline   HitMoney 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

And some build their old Jeep themselves (with the help of friends sometimes) on an extremely tight budget so if they beat it up, they won't stress out or go to the poor house over it! Not all Jeepers have an unlimited budget with a new this and new that to be installed. Some scrimp and save for years to do an upgrade with used parts they found at the junkyard or through a friend. And some even paint their rig themselves in a tent in the front yard, while their wife looks like this ;)

Just sayin'... ;)

I don't know how to take this statement... :2:

But its all good.

Wheel it like its sponsored!

:shock:
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
[b]()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My Rig, HERE

#15 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

i miss Rambo1 :shock:
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#16 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

View PostRambo, on May 21 2010, 03:46 PM, said:

i miss Rambo1 :2:

:shock:
Willy
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   LadyJeffson 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

View PostHitMoney, on May 21 2010, 02:16 PM, said:

I don't know how to take this statement... :whistle:

But its all good.

:thumbsup:

:shock: Nothing but love for ya brother, you know this. :rof: Just wanted to point out that you don't have to be a "stuck up little rich kid" to take it to the limit, survive and go out and do it again! :bounce:
Holly
Yellow 92 YJ, Elvis, I share with LrdJeffson

Jeep...the power of American manufacturing...600,000 Jeeps deployed during WWII...a vehichle that can go anywhere, do anything...it embodies the American spirit!
Stuck happens! :0

"Your winch or mine?"

"One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
"The main thing is to keep the main thing as the main thing." ;)

Member of South Florida Jeep Club

#18 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

View PostHitMoney, on May 21 2010, 02:16 PM, said:

Well said! :thumbsup:

-dave

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1