Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SFJC Members Please Read

#1 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:15 AM

It has been brought about to my attention that a good number of the South Florida Jeep Club are being solicited (against their will) by email from another club in the area by the name of Everglades Jeeps and 4x4s. Emails are coming signed from a person by the name of Bob Anz (Speed1 JT name) which reveals to be the president of this Everglades Jeeps and 4x4s club.

As your President and a Life Member of the SFJC, I like to apologize for this poor display of ethics by this organization (and individual) making one thing clear that our South Florida Jeep Club has not released any private information (or will never do so as it is written in our bylaws) from our member roster. It turns out that Bob Anz and ex member of the SFJC (before being removed from our club, reasons not disclosed) strongly indicates to have copied all of the SFJC member roster which is information that any club member may have in good standing for the purpose of contacting another member privately to participate in events, receive help or answer any questions regarding the SFJC.

Apparently this individual and a few others started a new club and have resorted to poor ethics for personal gain as well as possibly violating a few laws. We are now investigating this issue with the local authorities as well as violations of the Federal Spaming Internet laws that were violated by this organization.

As your club President I am asking for a bit of patience and understanding of the above circumstances. In the mean time we have shut down our on-line Member roster to the general SFJC membership for the protection of private information as well as the 6 new members that have recently joined our club. For now, if any South Florida Jeep Club member wishes to contact another member, please write to one of your officers and they will be more than happy to provide this information. We want our South Florida Jeep Club members (and future members) to know that our club is the only club in South Florida sanction by Jeep themselves. We have a reputation to maintain and will proceed present and future to make sure it stays this way.

We are here to work things out amicably especially with other clubs. The SFJC's intent is to participate and welcome other clubs in the area as it has done in the past and continues to do so. If there were mistakes made I personally invited the EJ&4x4 club staff to come forward and contact me directly to see what can be done to rectify the problem.

Nothing has been said on this post that has not been proven in writing or by statements from other SFJC members. If anyone with any concerns wishes to post, please do so refraining from any direct attacks (name calling, etc.) that might cause confrontation in causing your post to be deleted and a warning issued by the Jeep Talk staff. Please state only facts and concerns that have to do with topic in question.

Thank you.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#2 User is offline   Speed 1 

• Second Lieutenant
  • Group: Banned

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

Jim

Your are acting President NOT President.

THE only email that went out to someone other than our members of Everglades Jeeps & 4X4s was NOT a solicitation and if you read what Dave posted on JT you would know that. It was a email I sent to everyone who was going to Big Cypress Show & Shine on 5/15/10. Jack (crackerjack) Posted on the Big Cypress Show post that he was going. Again if you read the email it read Info about the Show. No Where In The Email Did It Ask Jack Or Anyone To Join Our Club.

I can See you are looking to save SFJC from falling apart, I Hope You Do. With only 9 members at the last Club Meeting, and your Pres stepping down. SFJC is defiantly in trouble, But you cannot blame it on me or our club.

I can tell you myself and No one in EJ4X4 is looking to solicited anyone from or out of SFJC. And I did not Steal SFJC roster (I had Jack's email from back when he came to the Xmas Party). I can't help that we have more things happening in EJ4X4 than SFJC. But if someone comes to us for more info AND Many Have we are going to tell them All About Our Club and How we Do Not Have Any Drama, Just a lot of Fun.

Our events have been DRAMA Free and since we left SFJC your Drama has not stopped but got worse. Save your Club by working on it. Your attracts on EJ4X4and me by you and your members, are only making more people want to jump ship and get out of the Jeep Family all together .

STOP THE DRAMA!!!

Thanks
Bob Anz
President (Not Acting Pres)
Everglades Jeeps & 4X4s
president@evergladesjeeps4x4s.org
http://www.evergladesjeeps4x4s.org
2008 4 Door JK, 33" MTKs, River Raider Ram Air Snorkel System with a K&N flat filter, Custom Exhaust, Tow Package, 2" Suspension Lift, 10,000 lbs Front Winch, Jeep DVD, Navigation System with Topo, Cobra CB w/ 102' whip, and Amateur Radio (ham Radio)

#3 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

View PostSpeed 1, on May 17 2010, 12:32 PM, said:

THE only email that went out to someone other than our members of Everglades Jeeps & 4X4s was NOT a solicitation and if you read what Dave posted on JT you would know that. It was a email I sent to everyone who was going to Big Cypress Show & Shine on 5/15/10. Jack (crackerjack) Posted on the Big Cypress Show post that he was going. Again if you read the email it read Info about the Show. No Where In The Email Did It Ask Jack Or Anyone To Join Our Club.

Everglades Jeeps & 4X4s
president@evergladesjeeps4x4s.org

how did you obtain e-mails from non members :good: SFJC roster :thumbsup: busted :rof:

#4 User is offline   Speed 1 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:55 AM

Wrong Jack Emailed me Back in December to tell me he was going to the XMas Party That is how i got his email address he gave it to me.

Here is the email

Hi Bob,

I am RSVPing for my wife & I for the Christmas party. JT screen name is crackerjack.

Thanks,
Jack
2008 4 Door JK, 33" MTKs, River Raider Ram Air Snorkel System with a K&N flat filter, Custom Exhaust, Tow Package, 2" Suspension Lift, 10,000 lbs Front Winch, Jeep DVD, Navigation System with Topo, Cobra CB w/ 102' whip, and Amateur Radio (ham Radio)

#5 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

Since I was heavily quoted in this post, the quotes should be referenced accordingly, so as not to be taken out of context. My remarks can be found in their original form in the Big cypress Show&Shine 5/15/10 topic and specifically in post #46, post #49 and post #51.

Before contacting me (or any others, for that matter), please be sure to read those posts in their entirety and completely understand what exactly was stated and why it was done so. If, after doing so, anyone has any questions regarding my remarks, they are most welcome to contact me to discuss. I will only discuss my remarks and the events which led to them.

Also, please go through the pages and pages of posts relative to this particular subject and it's related content. I have remained very quiet throughout all of this, in my hopes that there would be no continued onslaughts. Note that I have made no accusations, only presented facts which were brought to my attention.

At the end of this dialog, I received a very lengthy PM outlining a bunch of 'facts' which had little to do with the one issue I have brought up. In that lengthy PM, there were references made to other individuals who were not involved in my dialog. I have forwarded the PM to those that were mentioned. I understand that they may have acted on these themselves, which is to be conveyed as such. While the author of the PM has encouraged me to post it publically, I do not have the time (much less the inclination) to correct the multitude of spelling/grammar changes needed (and overall insults to the English language in general) for this epistle to be readable.

All that's good...

-dave

PS - So, Bob...to be clear...a (some) South Florida Jeep Club member(s) contacted you about a South Florida Jeep Club event...a private event sanctioned by and paid for by the South Florida Jeep Club. You privately harvested that (those) specific email address(es) and contacted them about the ongoings of the Everglades Jeeps and 4x4s, for which you are now the President and represent in an official capacity...an organization not affiliated in any way with the South Florida Jeep Club. I believe this fully supports my earlier remarks and will be viewed - at least in my eyes - as unethical.

#6 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

I guess I have to handed to Speed1 in being correct about one thing ...

I'm not President, I'm only acting as one. :thumbsup: :rof:

Hey Lrd, I like the first line of your signature. :good:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#7 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

View PostSpeed 1, on May 17 2010, 12:32 PM, said:

Jim

Your are acting President NOT President.

how would you know this :thumbsup: stop coming to our meetings

go away Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Speed 1 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

So Why is it no one can get the facts right.

No Dave the Event (Big Cypress Show & Shine) WAS NOT a Everglades Jeeps & 4x4s Event it was for all clubs. SFJC, EJ4X4s, Fla off road, Caloosa jeep club and 2 or 3 more were there, as well as some members of SFJC came and I think they had a good time. But I may be wrong . One of Marty's friends won 1st place as well. I know there would have been more SFJC Members if it was Not on the same date as Jeep Bch. (Bad timing)

So it Is Time To STOP THE DRAMA!!!

Dino I do not have to go to any of SFJC meeting (you don't) But Bad News Travels Fast.

#9 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

View PostSpeed 1, on May 17 2010, 01:59 PM, said:

Dino I do not have to go to any of SFJC meeting (you don't) But Bad News Travels Fast.

only because you bob make it your business to know.
Posted Image

i could care less who goes to your meetings or events bob.

#10 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

No Dave the Event (Big Cypress Show & Shine) WAS NOT a Everglades Jeeps & 4x4s Event it was for all clubs. SFJC, EJ4X4s, Fla off road, Caloosa jeep club and 2 or 3 more were there, as well as some members of SFJC came and I think they had a good time. But I may be wrong . One of Marty's friends won 1st place as well. I know there would have been more SFJC Members if it was Not on the same date as Jeep Bch. (Bad timing)

Trust me...I'm trying to get the facts right. Please confirm or correct these facts:

FACT: a (some) South Florida Jeep Club member(s) contacted you about a South Florida Jeep Club event...a private event sanctioned by and paid for by the South Florida Jeep Club. You privately harvested and held on to that (those) specific email address(es), which was (were) provided to you for one very specific puropse and and only for that purpose.

FACT: since the inception of the Everglades Jeeps and 4X4s, you (or a delegate on behalf of your organization) have sent electronic communication...in an official capacity, representing yourself as an officer of that organization...to that (those) email address(es) (again, provided to you for a specific purpose...a purpose expressly directed to the South Florida Jeep Club) relative to the activities of Everglades Jeeps and 4X4s.

FACT: Everglades Jeeps and 4X4s has distributed propoganda about Everglades Jeeps and 4X4s activities to that (those) email address(es) (that were never provided to the Everglades Jeeps and 4X4s organization and certainly not provided to you for this purpose).

NOTE: Please review the content of your email. The email was not to let people know of events taking place in the area and to encourage people to participate in these events. The email was sent to let people know of Everglades Jeeps and 4X4s involvement in these events and to encourage individuals to join with (specifically) Everglades Jeeps and 4X4s at these events.

If I have stated any of these facts erroneously , please advise accordingly.

Thanks...

-dave

#11 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Moderator Message

Your post has been deleted. Please refer and state facts regarding the first post. You may answer another question that has been asked but do not offer other issues that are totally of the subject.

may it be explained to me exactly what did i say that was off the topic to the matter as a hole ???

just so i understand Clearly....all i did was ask a simple question .

Moderator Message

If it was simple and relevant it would not have been deleted, no need for story telling. Getting to the point helps.

#12 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

I am not speaking for or via JeepTalk; but, having been moderated numerous times myself, I'll offer what I see ...

Note: This topic was started by the President of the South Florida Jeep Club. Call it Acting President, Interim President, President Emeritus or whatever you like...it is still in the capacity of President, South Florida Jeep Club.

Note: This topic is an open apology to the membership of South Florida Jeep Club, who's private and confidential information was breeched, violated and used for purposes unintended.

Note: It is pointed out that this breech was without South Florida Jeep Club's knowledge, was not conducted in an ethical manner and that new steps are being taken to prevent these violations from recurring.

Note: The actions of one particular individual, acting on behalf of and in full representation of the Everglades Jeeps and 4X4s organization, are being challenged as unethical and in violation of many premises, including that of common decency.

If, after the above premises have been read by you (or, perhaps to you), you feel that there is need for additional diatribe, try to make it relevant to the subject of this post and the facts that have been presented to substantiate the claims. If you feel that you have reached this moderation in error, please check the topic you are posting in (along with the relevant content you are providing) and try your post again.

Just trying to help... :beer:

-dave

PS - After publicly denouncing your South Florida Jeep Club membership in 2007...then renewing it in 2008...then publicly denouncing it again in 2008...then renewing it again in 2009...then publicly denouncing it again in 2009, I really don't see where this post was directed at all towards you.

#13 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

they know about our meeting because one of there members. reports to them about what goes on at our meetings...

1. there were 9 people presnt because 20-30 of them were at jeep beach.... i get that concept... do you? obviously not

2. if you dont care about our club BOB!! stop sending your damn informants to our meetings to see what goes on!!!

3. why our president resigned is none of your buisness... nor anyone elses...

MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS.!!! YOUR EJ4x4 CLUB IS THE HOOKER OF ALL 4X4 CLUBS AROUND... IVE NEVER SEEN A CLUB TRY SO HARD TO GET NEW MEMBERS FROM OTHERS UNDER FALSE PRETENCE.. RIDICULOUS.... What ever happened to working together...

AND YES MODERATORS... I FEEL THIS HAS EVERY BIT OF RIGHT TO BE UP HERE.... IT NEEDS TO BE SAID

Moderator Message

Yes, we will leave your post as you are answering Post #3 & #9. We deleted one of the items that has no relevancy.

83 Jeep Wagoneer Swamp Series
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#14 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

Maybe you could use your information to see what the reasons were that WE have missed the prior meetings and Tower Shops. Much traveling and dealing with my father's death. Thanks Bob.
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ
Member: The WINCH TEAM = Women In Need of Constant Horsepower TEAM

"If you run away, you will fall. If you face it like a bull, you will rise."
"HONESTY you can work with - NOT LIES"
"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."
"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional."

That's all folks!

#15 User is offline   omarrh 

• Staff Sergeant

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

Hi Folks,

I apologize for jumping in because I know that this is not my concern. Not being a member of SFJC, I probably shouldn't have even opened this topic; but I did, and being a jeeper and a member of Jeep Talk (albeit a "free member") I felt that I should share an outsider’s point of view (or at least my own).

Since I found JT in 2008, I have enjoyed reading about the exploits/experiences that the SFJC club members have shared, both on and off road. I have often thought about joining; but unfortunately your meetings are a bit farther North than I am willing to travel on a regular basis because of my schedule (life, not work).

However, for the last few months leading to the breakup of SFJC into two separate clubs, the topics posted by both groups have been predominantly negative and hostile. From what I have read I realize that you guys had a great deal of issues which lead to the breakup, many of which are still unresolved. As an impartial observer who is not privy to all that is happening behind the scenes I do not know who is wrong or who is right; but that doesn’t really matter in the long run. The only thing that matters is what is being accomplished by this public bickering, and that is that you guys are depreciating your own clubs.

Don’t get me wrong, I am neither judging nor criticizing your actions. You have your reasons and your right to see things differently. All I am trying to do is to give you some friendly advice from a neutral observer. Settle this like gentlemen (or ladies) via PMs or emails and don’t air out your dirty laundry for the public to view, because in the end both clubs will suffer.

Again, I apologize for interfering.
Omar
Life is an Adventure. Live It Up!

Omar R-H
http://www.miamipaintball.com

'04 Yellow LJ with 2" Skyjacker BB w/nitro shocks, 1" BL, Tube Bumpers, and 33 x 12.5 BFG MT KW2's on Rock Crawler 152 rims

#16 User is offline   StuckZilla 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

Omar,

Thanks for taking the time to share your well considered thoughts and suggestions with us. I think the original purpose of this thread was to provide an update that a previously available feature was now to be unreachable. Somewhere in the process this took on contentious tone. The who, where and how really don't matter and the informational content has long been delivered.

Mods: This topis should be close/locked at this point. Please make sure Omar's post is preserved as his points are valid and speak to the broader issues at hand.

Again thanks,
- Bill
SFJC President
99 TJ - Wrangler Sport
35" Procomp MT, 4.56 RP, 4" Susp, 1" Body, 1" Motor Mount Lift
F: Detroit TrueTrac LS, Chromoly Shafts, Slotted & Drilled Rotors
R: Detroit Soft-Locker & 30 Spline D35c, SYE
Smitty XRC8000 Winch on A-Z Plate & Hella Lights

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked