• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SFJC Meeting at Arrigo 3/10/10

#1 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:05 AM

The official meeting for the month of March is going to be held at Arrigo Chrysler-JEEP Dealer on Wednesday March 10th, the meeting will start at 7:30, so please be there before that.

We are going to have some raffle items and 50/50 as always. Arrigo Jeep will provide us with food and refreshments.

As always non-members are more than welcome to attend and see what SFJC is all about.

Gustavo

#2 User is offline   nikolii 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:36 AM

I will be there.

NICHOLE
South Florida Jeep Club Secretary

#3 User is offline   MrSig 

• Colonel

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

I will be there like always!
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s
http://www.blacksheep4x4s.org
https://www.facebook...acksheep4x4sorg
Posted Image
Member of CCJ
White Jeep Club Member #137

#4 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

View Postmrsig, on Mar 1 2010, 09:08 AM, said:

now we have a problem :good2: you should not have gone there :lol: this means i must get involved with your club :bat:

#5 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Banned

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

heheh i wont miss this for the world!!!

View PostTranyDoctor, on Mar 1 2010, 09:31 AM, said:

now we have a problem :good2: you should not have gone there :lol: this means i must get involved with your club :bat:

its only fair!!!
83 Jeep Wagoneer Swamp Series
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#6 User is offline   nikolii 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

View Postmrsig, on Mar 1 2010, 09:08 AM, said:

Cant you just pick one or the other??? We dont need anymore drama!!

NICHOLE
South Florida Jeep Club Secretary

#7 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

i will be their two... :lol:

-dave

#8 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

I will be there :lol:
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   CrackerJack 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

I am planning on attending.
1991 YJ 3" SOA, 3" BL, 38.5 boggers, SYE, EB D44/8.8, 4.10s, 1999 4.0 High Output motor, BIG rear bumper, 10K vortex winch w/ wireless remote, Square Headlights plus a few extra
1989 YJ. 2"BL, semi-functional snorkel, little "girlie" tires
2001 F350 7.3L turbo diesel, Square Headlights
2007 Honda Rancher 4x4 27" Vampire tires, Square Headlights
Member: South Florida Jeep Club
FOUNDER: Square Headlight Intense Team
"Right is Right even if no one does it & Wrong is Wrong even if everyone does it."
"NEVER look down on someone unless you are helping them up"
"I'm not smart but I can lift heavy things"

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   LadyJeffson 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

I think we should vote on it at the meeting. I personally do not want to be associated with anyone who is disrespectful, ignorant and offensive to others time and time again. I seems as though many in our club have experiences and feelings on that subject and it should be addressed properly.
Holly
Yellow 92 YJ, Elvis, I share with LrdJeffson

Jeep...the power of American manufacturing...600,000 Jeeps deployed during WWII...a vehichle that can go anywhere, do anything...it embodies the American spirit!
Stuck happens! :0

"Your winch or mine?"

"One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
"The main thing is to keep the main thing as the main thing." ;)

Member of South Florida Jeep Club

#11 User is offline   Goblin 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

I'll be there. :lol:
WICKEDTRAILS4X4.COM

'04 LJ-Wicked Built

#12 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

View PostLadyJeffson, on Mar 1 2010, 02:51 PM, said:

I think we should vote on it at the meeting. I personally do not want to be associated with anyone who is disrespectful, ignorant and offensive to others time and time again. I seems as though many in our club have experiences and feelings on that subject and it should be addressed properly.

i 100% fully agree!!!!
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#13 User is offline   Wardie 

• Major

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

I will be 1/4 there
In the past I was always about 1/2 there
Now that my jeep is !/2 gone--
---:lol: --
So i will be 1/4 there

#14 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

buy my wagoneer have a complete jeep
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#15 User is offline   jpatc1 

• Master Sergeant

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

I belong to both clubs. Is this going to be a problem? Am I not welcome by SFJC?
98 Sahara

Many mods to come.

#16 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

I will be there as a guest / non-member. This is a DEFINATE, rain or shine, sick or fine, jeep that's probably not mine! hehe
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ
Member: The WINCH TEAM = Women In Need of Constant Horsepower TEAM

"If you run away, you will fall. If you face it like a bull, you will rise."
"HONESTY you can work with - NOT LIES"
"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."
"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional."

That's all folks!

#17 User is offline   Lulu Smiles 

• Captain

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

View Postjpatc1, on Mar 1 2010, 06:13 PM, said:

I belong to both clubs. Is this going to be a problem? Am I not welcome by SFJC?

I believe there are several members of SFJC that have joined the EJC. There are only specific members that through various actions of their own have become unwelcome and they should know exactly who they are.

If you have to question it and have done nothing to embarrass, harass, or belittle other members of the SFJC then I would say that you are still very welcome.
SMILES - former SFJC member - no modifications.
Lulu - Black & Tan German Shepherd - can read: Fun with Lulu, RIP May 25, 2021
Blue - '01 TJ Wrangler Sport - 2.5" lift on 33's sold when I moved to Italy

Frieda - Our first "Jeep" in Italy was a '98 Honda Civic, but Lulu didn't know it was really a car.
Rosie - '11 Jeep Compass Limited

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#18 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

i have been informed that EJC has 32 members.. most all of which are SFJC memebers a well
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#19 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:52 AM

I don't think it is about "belonging" to both clubs. Belonging to a club is kinda like a sheep belonging to a herd...it's just there. This is more about support and promotion. If you support and promote the SFJC, then I would imagine that you'd always be welcome. If you work to make the club stronger and a better organization for all, then who could fault that? If you belong to two clubs, but only support and promote one of them, I think that is where the issues lie. Worse is "belonging" to two clubs...supporting and promoting one and bashing the other. Other issues could be appropriating the resources of one club to push another club forward; misrepresenting your initiatives as a club member; rifling through the private roster of one club and calling members to recruit them to the new club; using the social functions of one club to recruit their members to another club; making disparaging remarks about the club(s) you're a member of, et al...you know...those kinds of things. I don't believe that those are the type of members which will push SFJC forward and I personally do not want to associate with those members. :banghead1:

-dave

PS - I understand that you "belong" to both clubs, but I also see your JT signature promoting only one club...in bold. Just an observation... :cool:

#20 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

we do not want false member's which root objective is to destroy sfjc.
i agree with LrdJeffson
please as i have stated many times leave as you wish but leave.
The only reason for members of the Everglades Jeeps & 4X4s to come to a SFJC meeting would be to continue this drama
CHILDREN STOP THE DRAMA LEAVE

#21 User is offline   YellowSub2000 

• Major

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

Like me! I belong to the club (I think), even though I haven't gone out in a while, my Jeep is still in the garage, and the military is taking more of my time than I have. But when I get the XJ out and about. Believe you me, I'll be out again. And pay my dues, if Gus will let me. hahaha
No more Jeep. :(

Thank you to all of those whom have helped me through the years. There have been some amazing rides and events.

#22 User is offline   LadyJeffson 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

View PostYellowSub2000, on Mar 2 2010, 09:29 AM, said:

Like me! I belong to the club (I think), even though I haven't gone out in a while, my Jeep is still in the garage, and the military is taking more of my time than I have. But when I get the XJ out and about. Believe you me, I'll be out again. And pay my dues, if Gus will let me. hahaha

Hey James! Good to see you are still out there. Dave & I were just thinking about you last night and wondered when you might be back. Hope all is well!

Looking forward to the meeting and getting some things settled. If everyone goes into it with the mindset, 'what is in the best interest of the club', we will be fine. Let's show some respect and tolerance for others and give everyone a chance to speak. Let's not make this personal and infantile. It's only about what is best for the club.
Holly

Jeep...the power of American manufacturing...600,000 Jeeps deployed during WWII...a vehichle that can go anywhere, do anything...it embodies the American spirit!

"Your winch or mine?"

"One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."

#23 User is offline   SouthernStyleV8 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

View PostLadyJeffson, on Mar 2 2010, 12:23 PM, said:

Hey James! Good to see you are still out there. Dave & I were just thinking about you last night and wondered when you might be back. Hope all is well!

Looking forward to the meeting and getting some things settled. If everyone goes into it with the mindset, 'what is in the best interest of the club', we will be fine. Let's show some respect and tolerance for others and give everyone a chance to speak. Let's not make this personal and infantile. It's only about what is best for the club.

correctamundo!!!!!! :cool:
CJ7 Swamp Buggy

#24 User is offline   LadyJeffson 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

View PostSouthernStyleV8, on Mar 2 2010, 12:26 PM, said:

correctamundo!!!!!! :cool:

Thanks Kev...we're on a roll! :banghead1:
Holly

"Your winch or mine?"

#25 User is offline   fmp250 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

I think I'm going to drive down and make this meeting. I have to renew membership, talk to Dave about this 50/50 wheeling thing and see what all the rancor is about. I've kept up with most of it via all the recent threads and it appears there is some personality clashes and the more serious problem of disrespect, harassment of females associated with the club and disparaging remarks. SFJC has difficult decisions to make regarding club members and it hinges on the bylaws and rules of the club. What's hard to believe is that it's gotten to this point in the first place. Leadership should have intervened, warned offending persons of violation of club rules and taken appropriate corrective/punitive action if the member/s failed to adhere to acceptable behavior. I have to assume that anything detrimental to the club such as recruitment/advertising for another club during SFJC sanctioned events, recruitment of existing members of SFJC for a rival club and the absolutely unacceptable harassment of club women is against the code of conduct of the SFJC.

Since it has gotten this far, how to handle it now for the well being of the club and the majority of its members should probably be the focus. Personality clashes happen throughout life and we should all have learned by now how to effectively and diplomatically handle them. The sexual harassment (lets call it what it is) of members/significant others needs to be addressed immediately. Let's make some informed, conscientious decisions as a club and get back to the family and fun aspect of Jeeping.

What happened to Tombraider Tim?
03' Sahara with some extra modifications.

No matter where you go there you are

#26 User is offline   LadyJeffson 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

I really hope this issue gets addressed at the meeting. I have to admit, I am and have been annoyed for some time at the fact that this has been going on for YEARS and no one has done anything about it. I believe a few people may have addressed the individual about it, but possibly not in a serious manner since it has continued and nothing has been done. Why didn't anyone bring this up when this person was running for office? I am guilty as well because I never had the guts to say anything to this individual about my true feelings and/or address it in a meeting. I just stayed away. Let's not keep our heads buried in the sand anymore. Let cooler heads prevail and hopefully, we can put all this behind us and get back to the fun of it all! Remember, this is suppose to be a fun club for members and officers alike!! :lol:
Holly

"Your winch or mine?"

#27 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

I have stayed in the background on all that I see happening in order to keep a level headed mind.

I am going to ask something of all members of the SFJC. As your elected VP of your club (elected by most of you) I am asking as a personal favor to me that all the issues at hand be not discuss publicly any longer.

I have numerous emails, phone calls, etc. I have listened to all with an open mind. I would like for all of you to stand down for a bit, let me come up with some alternatives that can be discussed and I will communicate to all of you so that all of us can provide an amicable input. I will be calling some of you personally.

Please allow me this courtesy and consider what I have requested.

Now lets get back to the topic on hand as this topic is about who is going to the meeting.
Thank you for your understanding.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#28 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

Thank you Jim - I 100% agree. Hopefully they will listen to you.
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ
Member: The WINCH TEAM = Women In Need of Constant Horsepower TEAM

"If you run away, you will fall. If you face it like a bull, you will rise."
"HONESTY you can work with - NOT LIES"
"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."
"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional."

That's all folks!

#29 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

thank you jim B. matter as of now closed, hope it stays that way.

#30 User is offline   HitMoney 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

View Postfmp250, on Mar 3 2010, 10:20 AM, said:

I think I'm going to drive down and make this meeting. I have to renew membership, talk to Dave about this 50/50 wheeling thing and see what all the rancor is about. I've kept up with most of it via all the recent threads and it appears there is some personality clashes and the more serious problem of disrespect, harassment of females associated with the club and disparaging remarks. SFJC has difficult decisions to make regarding club members and it hinges on the bylaws and rules of the club. What's hard to believe is that it's gotten to this point in the first place. Leadership should have intervened, warned offending persons of violation of club rules and taken appropriate corrective/punitive action if the member/s failed to adhere to acceptable behavior. I have to assume that anything detrimental to the club such as recruitment/advertising for another club during SFJC sanctioned events, recruitment of existing members of SFJC for a rival club and the absolutely unacceptable harassment of club women is against the code of conduct of the SFJC.

Since it has gotten this far, how to handle it now for the well being of the club and the majority of its members should probably be the focus. Personality clashes happen throughout life and we should all have learned by now how to effectively and diplomatically handle them. The sexual harassment (lets call it what it is) of members/significant others needs to be addressed immediately. Let's make some informed, conscientious decisions as a club and get back to the family and fun aspect of Jeeping.

What happened to Tombraider Tim?

Awe man you are going to!

Damn.

Wish I Could make it..

:2:
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
[b]()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My Rig, HERE

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic