JEEPTALK.net: VISTA Re-boot/Restore/Recovery - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1

VISTA Re-boot/Restore/Recovery

#1 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Ok, I did the reboot to factory specs because of my right click problem and of course you already know it didn't work, the problem occurred after the down load of office 2007 from MS.

So with that in mind and seeing that my RIGHT CLICK still doesn't work on web pages I would like to try :bounce: :rof: something else.

When I did the system re-boot to factory specs I did it off the hard drive and not the recovery disc's that were created, because that is how the PC did it.

I would like to load the recovery disc's to see if it would install the thing to fix the problem (Right click) but I have never used them before. WOULD it do the same thing as re-booting the PC to factory specs where I would loose everything or would it just install drivers that are missing.

Signed, MS software tech :lol:

P.S. I should have bought a MAC :rof: :)
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#2 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

Hmm
Re-Boot / Re-Booting = restarting the PC (powering down and restarting) :bounce: :) :lol: :rof:

Hmm When you restore your PC to Factory it usually does reload the HD image from a hidden partition where it keeps the image stored so not sure why that di dnot fix your issue. I would suspect that the recovery disc's will end up doing the same thing as far as loosing all your stuff.

Now was the right click broken after you restored your PC to Factory or after you loaded all youe stuff back?

Have you considered that the right button of your mouse may be faulty :rof: :lol: :lol:

PS: If you get a Mac then only Brian will be able to assit you since he works on Mac's, come to think of it you and Brian are a lot alike. You break PC's but know alot about Jeeps and he breaks Jeeps and knows alot about PC's :rof::rof::lol::rof:
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

View PostJeepNWilly, on Feb 9 2010, 03:06 PM, said:

Hmm
Re-Boot / Re-Booting = restarting the PC (powering down and restarting) :bounce: :) :lol: :rof:

Hmm When you restore your PC to Factory it usually does reload the HD image from a hidden partition where it keeps the image stored so not sure why that di dnot fix your issue. I would suspect that the recovery disc's will end up doing the same thing as far as loosing all your stuff.

Now was the right click broken after you restored your PC to Factory or after you loaded all youe stuff back?

Have you considered that the right button of your mouse may be faulty :rof: :lol: :lol:

PS: If you get a Mac then only Brian will be able to assit you since he works on Mac's, come to think of it you and Brian are a lot alike. You break PC's but know alot about Jeeps and he breaks Jeeps and knows a lot about PC's :rof::rof::lol::rof:

Ha, ha. :)

Right click worked on both mice's :) then I installed MS office and mice no worky anymore.

Mouse worked at the beginning of opening the box. Recovered the PC, mouse worked (right click), tested by internet/JT/S2Mud, installed MS office TRAIL from MS and mousy no worky on right click on ANY web page. Works every where else except when I want to use it on a web page to copy/paste. HAVE TO USE CONTROL C & V-it will grab it from there. NO BOX shows up when on a web page to choose if I want to right click or paste. WORKS on the desktop and HTTP address/word etc.

Must be something.

Norton is fine and this was checked/tested B-4 anything else was added.

I also can't send e-mails from OFFICE OUTLOOK as you can see from my other post, receive but even if they are in my address book I still can't. I had this problem once before and you told me what to do but I forgot. Can send to the same address using web mail from my server, go figure.

Humm, Brian and Jeep, like me and PC's :rof:

Maybe when my new office get's here it will work, we will see.

OH, ONE MORE THING ------ I found office HOME/STUDENT onthe PC while I down loaded MS OFFICE PRO, I deleted the other office but still no worky :(

#4 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

hmmm Lets make your PC :rof:
Go to Start Button then Type Regedit in the search box just above the Start Button after you click it and hit Enter.

The Regedit utility will open.
Go to this path withing the Registry [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions]
once you are there see if you see this below

"NoBrowserContextMenu"=dword:00000001

Another way is to search for it.
Select Computer within Regedit utility to highlight it then go to Edit Menu and click on Find and type NoBrowserContextMenu in the search box and hit Enter or the Find button.
If you find it. If you do delete it.

I will keep my eye to the western sky for fireworks or a Posted Image :bounce: :lol: :rof:
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

I found Contex Menu Handlers:
{DBCE2480-C732-101B-BE72-BA78E9AD5B27}

Share this topic: