Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Additional Forums

#1 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:59 PM

If anyone would like to see additional Forums created on JeepTalk speak up.

Before you do there are some things you must take into consideration.

1. Is the forum similar to other forums that are already created. If they are, we do not want to spread to thin the activity on each forum as this community is growing but still not large enough.

2. What will the forum do for this community. Do we really need it.

We recently added our Sponsor Logo (Plantation Jeep Club), they have donated 50% of the hard cost to keep JeepTalk alive and running. This was done to keep all the current members of JeepTalk in continued communication for all your current activities. It has also kept the owner of the Forum (which also donates 50% of the cost) asking for donations to keep this Forum alive for your enjoyment. We have members from all over the US getting together & currently sharing information.

There have been also a few cosmetic changes to make your stay more comfortable. It is always a pleasure to serve you.

Admin

#2 User is offline   fzuazo 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:02 PM

Still a new jeeper. but i think many would benefit a forum subject, to share GPS locs. as well as a trail list and locations, i know there is already place to share stories of trail rides, but i was thinking one dedicated to trails and their locations, as well as thier status on a day to day basis...just a thought, keep up the awsome job.!!
"Jeepers do in in the mud."

#3 User is offline   fzuazo 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:38 PM

oh and an addition to the above idea, also include an approxmate difficultie rating or level, and you can classify the different trails, mud, rocks, dirt, and around what time of year.

#4 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:10 PM

Fzuazo,

The GPS forum for waypoints seems like a good idea. Better yet, trails & their ratings (doubt if you can get waypoints on most of these). Weather and best time to go there would also be excellent info. This forum would be created for all locations not just local as we have members from all areas of the world.

If we can get more members to visit this post and express interest in such a forum I don't think this would be a problem to set up. We will also need a moderator for this forum.

Admin

#5 User is offline   fzuazo 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:16 PM

Like i said im still new to all this, but i wouldnt mind, taking on a moderator role, if this idea does develop a little more. Or would be just as okay with you giving it somone with more seniorty, they probably earned it.

#6 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:22 AM

fzuazo, on Feb 2 2005, 05:16 PM, said:

Like i said im still new to all this, but i wouldnt mind, taking on a moderator role, if this idea does develop a little more.

We have no problem in you moderating it especially if you are well versed in GPS.

We will need from you personal info that will be sent by private email (will be kept private) in order to be able to contact you if there is a problem that needs immediate attention.

Mainly you will be the one that will need to promote it and keep it active with participation. I'll be watching the treat you posted with regards to this from time to time to see if there is enough interest. We appreciate your contribution.

Admin

#7 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:32 AM

Also,
I can see a place in the PJC newsletter for such info.... an archive of the places we have been...

(in my case, that would be a short list... but I'm working on it)

joe
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Miami Jeep Fort Lauderdale Jeep Dealer