JEEPTALK.net: Firearms License Bill - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1

Firearms License Bill

#1 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:31 AM

Got this email from a friend, have not checked any of the information.

Well, it's here.....hold on to your hat or should I say your firearm.

Do you possess a firearm? I suggest you do not put this on your tax form if t is true!

According to "SNOPES" this is true. Look under Blair Holt House Bill 45.
http://www.snopes.co...s/blairholt.asp

Subject: Do you possess a firearm? Read this.

Now 'all Guns' must be listed on your next (2010) tax return!

As if we didn't have enough to get upset about! If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered!

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb.. 24, 2009, by the Obama staff.
BUT . . this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective ! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all. Trust Obama ? ..... you must be kidding !

The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S.. Senate homepage, U.S. Senate You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S. ... Open Congress

Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.

It has begun . . . Whatever Obama's secret Master Plan is....this is just the 'tip of the iceberg!'

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Ac t of 2009.|

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill before signing and approving it !

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

-It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a current Driver's License -You supply your Social Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. -There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.|

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not..

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
http://thomas.loc.go...c111:H.R.45%3E;
http://thomas.loc.go...c111:H.R.45%3E;
http://thomas.loc.go.../z?c111:H.R.45;

H.R.45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - Open Congress
http://www.opencongr...11-h45/show%3E;
http://www.opencongr...11-h45/show%3E;
http://www.opencongr...ll/111-h45/show
http://www.opencongr...-h45/show&g%3E; &g t;

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)
http://www.govtrack....ill=h111-45%3E;
http://www.govtrack....ill=h111-45%3E;
http://www.govtrack....d?bill=h111-45;

Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#2 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

This is kinda true. This is not due to Obama, but due to a kid that shielded a girl on a school bus when some schmuck started firing into the school bus. He was hit in the gut and died.
What kindof support this has ion congress, I don't know, but we can sendletters to our congressmen letting them know we do not want this to pass.

Who represents you? Fill out your address on the left side.

If someone can come up with a good letter, then post it here so we can copy it.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#3 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Banned

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:38 AM

take away our right to bare Arms ,,,,,,,, yep !! and the Gov. wonders why this country has so many mailitias springing up ?

#4 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:44 AM

From what I gather, it isnot that they want to take away the rigth to bear arms, they just want to make sure everyone is lisenced, which I do not agree with either. Next they will want to limit the amount of guns a person could own.
Ian Stewart

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#5 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

View PostJeepinIan, on Nov 5 2009, 09:44 AM, said:

From what I gather, it isnot that they want to take away the rigth to bear arms, they just want to make sure everyone is lisenced, which I do not agree with either. Next they will want to limit the amount of guns a person could own.

still sounds like a violation of our rights to me

#6 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

the individuals in this country that have a license are mostly law abiding citizens. :bandpiano:
if they put laws in effect most law abiding citizens will conform and not carry a fire arm or own one if illegal. :banddrum:
the individuals that carry a gun and don't have a license :bandbase: are not law abiding citizens.
they have no respect for the laws of the united states or respect for people. they will possess, carry and use a gun weather it is illegal or not. :thumbsup:
our legislators are morons :click:

#7 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

View PostTranyDoctor, on Nov 5 2009, 01:25 PM, said:

the individuals in this country that have a license are mostly law abiding citizens. :banddrum:
if they put laws in effect most law abiding citizens will conform and not carry a fire arm or own one if illegal. :thumbsup:
the individuals that carry a gun and don't have a license :2thumup: are not law abiding citizens.
they have no respect for the laws of the united states or respect for people. they will possess, carry and use a gun weather it is illegal or not. :bandbase:

Amen :bandpiano:
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:19 PM

View PostTranyDoctor, on Nov 5 2009, 01:25 PM, said:

the individuals in this country that have a license are mostly law abiding citizens. :banddrum:
if they put laws in effect most law abiding citizens will conform and not carry a fire arm or own one if illegal. :thumbsup:
the individuals that carry a gun and don't have a license :2thumup: are not law abiding citizens.
they have no respect for the laws of the united states or respect for people. they will possess, carry and use a gun weather it is illegal or not. :bandbase:

here , here :bandpiano:

#9 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

So, Dino, what you are saying is that guns do not make a person a criminal, although a law like this, and/or banning firearms, could make a person a criminal?
Ian Stewart

Zig Ziglar

John Stuart Mill

#10 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

Note: I will not list any fire arm or tell anyone, PERIOD. Sorry, that's just me. The criminals are waiting for this and here we go, shooting fish in a barrel.

#11 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

View PostRollbar, on Nov 5 2009, 02:52 PM, said:

Note: I will not list any fire arm or tell anyone, PERIOD. Sorry, that's just me. The criminals are waiting for this and here we go, shooting fish in a barrel.

I completely agree, when they see this happen they will have a field day. Like taking candy from a baby. You will see more assaults and murder because we all know that criminals do not go to Bass Pro Shops to buy a gun legally they will always get them via the black market and no law will stop that. Those laws will actually help them.
:click:
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

Fellows, these are all good points that I'm reading and very important ones.

I also thing that from the Government point of view, they don't care about this. The main point is that they need to recover tax money somehow and that is why they wan to know your tally. It will cost you when you report the weapon, to have them, as well as when you sell them. They want to have their hands on your pocket. In their eyes this is much better than raising taxes as it is consider not a necessary item to own and therefore tax the crap out of it.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#13 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

View PostJeepinIan, on Nov 5 2009, 02:22 PM, said:

So, Dino, what you are saying is that guns do not make a person a criminal, although a law like this, and/or banning firearms, could make a person a criminal?

:unsure: I think you should ask rollbar :2:

#14 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:55 PM

would 1 of you law abiding gun owning citizens Please shot that bug running around Ians posts i keep missin the damn thing and im runnin out of ammo.............. :2:

#15 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

View PostSkinner1, on Nov 5 2009, 04:55 PM, said:

would 1 of you law abiding gun owning citizens Please shot that bug running around Ians posts i keep missin the damn thing and im runnin out of ammo.............. :2:

I just fell out of my camper, rolled down the mountain laughing. :lol: :unsure:
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#16 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

Missed Again

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

I did not have time to sort some of the crap out of the firsrt post.
Here is what I found out.
And the full text of the bill.

Fees for the license would not eceed $25.00
It will be a 5 year license.
I see nothing about taxing the firearm itself.
Ian Stewart

Zig Ziglar

John Stuart Mill

#18 User is offline   Livefree 

• Major

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

View PostJeepinIan, on Nov 6 2009, 01:34 AM, said:

I did not have time to sort some of the crap out of the firsrt post.
Here is what I found out.
And the full text of the bill.

Fees for the license would not eceed $25.00
It will be a 5 year license.
I see nothing about taxing the firearm itself.

Just like everything else the government has ever done $25.00 now $50 the next time and then what. They can call it tax, registration fee or just robbery it is just another way for the government to get more of my money. It is just step one to identify the people that the government fear. The reason the right to own a firearm is in the Constitution is to allow the people control our government/politicians.
2002 JT X, 35" MTR Kavlar Goodyear tires, Trail Ready 15"x 10" aluminum Beadlock Rims. Ox Lockers both axles, Currie Anti-Rock, Dana 44’s with Chromoly axles , Custom bully up, Warn 9500ti, 4” long arm lift, 1-1/2” body lift, 1” motor mount lift and more. Atlas 2 speed Transfer case, Custom High Steering and Tom Woods Front and rear Drive shafts. Sniper Fab front Bumper, and Jeeperman Rear. T&T Zero HI line front fenders and corner wrap skins with 4" LED tail lights.

#19 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

If it passes I suppose I will become a criminal! Because if you think I am going to declare all my guns and pay a tax on them you're crazy. If you want to stick your head in the sand go ahead. This is just but one more step to taking our guns. First; find out where they all are; then go pic them up. Of course they will use the funds gained from the tax to fund a buy-out program just like the land down under did. After that, all the law abbiding citizens will be like little sheep with no chance of defending themselves against anything :scratch:
Life is short, BOG it to the hub!!!!!!!
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#20 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:21 AM

Guns dont kill people husbands that come home early do . :scratch:

#21 User is offline   Wildbill 

• Major

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

So how does this effect current LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers)?????? I am already "Licensed to possess and/or carry firearms that require a magazine of ammo. I currently have three firearms that I keep in my possession for use as an LEO. Am I going to be required to pay tax on them??????

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but these are viable questions that I didn't see addressed in the text.
Yale H.
Port Charlotte, FL

1992 YJ 4.0 HO
2" BL, 4" R/C Susp. Lift...plus a couple extra stock leafs
Aussie Lockers Frt & Rear
33 x 12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
2004 Liberty Sport 3.7L 4X4
stock for now!!!

#22 User is offline   RunninBare 

• Major

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:54 AM

View PostWildbill, on Nov 15 2009, 10:24 PM, said:

So how does this effect current LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers)?????? I am already "Licensed to possess and/or carry firearms that require a magazine of ammo. I currently have three firearms that I keep in my possession for use as an LEO. Am I going to be required to pay tax on them??????

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but these are viable questions that I didn't see addressed in the text.

Of course you will have to pay...the democrats need more money to waste on their idiotic bailouts.
I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TZBTyTWOZCM
1-20-2013...end of an error

#23 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:06 AM

If you read the bill, there is no tax. Itis a license fee. As far as what I read you only need one license.
Ian Stewart

Zig Ziglar

John Stuart Mill

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply