Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

new rollbar on the YJ

#1 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:13 AM

thanks to the help of Arroway, we were able to get all the 20 year old bolts off and swap the roll bar. I had original regular 90 YJ roll bar. I was wanting the family style that goes all the way back. a few things we learned or at least clarified… Torque Bolts are the worst invention ever.. paint baked for 20 years turns into weld. lol. and knuckles DO bleed when all your body weight throws them into a sharp corner.
story behind this… we started trying to take the bolts out, 16 total, and noticed they were all going to be a real pain. so of course, my mind starts thinking "go buy a cutting wheel" cause thats what I do. I always expect the worse. so he says, lets just see what we can figure out… well, with 1 2x4, a pry-bar and me standing on them we were about to get every last booger out. got the other one in place, bolted the front to bars to hold it away from the windshield and called it a day. after a few minutes of it being in place, the talk of Rhino Lining the whole thing began.. so not too sure I will bolt this up quite yet. we will see.. currently I have no carpet and it is a little hot in there. but also, there are many holes that people made over the years for whatever. (CB mounts, this that and the other) would Rhino Lining this make it cooler? also I would cover the holes before lining it to keep that extra heat out. anyways, advise is appreciated on that issue. here are some progress pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I loved the way this looks...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

admiring..
Posted Image

finally finished
Posted Image
Posted Image

now I have to wait for the guy to find the Sound Bar and Bikini Top that goes with the deal. will be a lot happier once that arrives.
90 YJ 4.2 - 3" BL / 4" RC Lift / 33x12.5x15 TSL Swampers / Smittybuilt XRC-10
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Member: Square Headlight Intense Team
Member: South Florida Jeep Club
Always looking to get dirty…
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

"If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them"
"Dont quote me on anything i say from knowledge.. only experience"

#2 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

You should leave some holes so water can drain frmo the tub.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#3 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

I definatly will be doing that. actually, I will be looking into 2" holes vs the 1" that is there currently. I will then need some drain plugs to go with them which I am looking for right now. the holes I a mentioning are near the firewall and where the transmission is. I am sure over the years, wires have been ran through and mounts have been drilled. how should I properly patch those? they are smaller holes but I want to do it properly. the the same time, not taking too much time.
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

"If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them"

#4 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

Looks good.
Yeah make sure you do leave the drain holes. If you choose to go larger than stock make sure you have a plug because water could shoot up them when you hit a water hole.

I like the no rollbar look. :)
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   greentj 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

im glad u finally got it and it looks sweet! now rhino lining as far as i know no it wont reduce the heat, do a search and ull find out but u can always get some padding and carpet :D
see if the guys who sold you those parts got some drian plugs so you can use the original holes without drilling new ones.
1997 TJ OlllllllO
4 banger / 4.5" procomp lift / 33" KM's BFG / AR wheels / 4.56 gears / e-fan / snorkel
tb spacer / quite a few lights / stinger bumper / cobra cb /

2011 KK []lllllll[] stock
My wife's daily driver

Think twice before you speak once... Renato

Daddy as of 09/02/10

#6 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

the reason why I want new, bigger drain holes is cause something ALWAYS gets stuck in them and clog. a tennis ball would have to cover those up in order to clog. and I dont plan on playing any tennis any time soon. lol

as far as the heat, I was thinking a heat blanket underneath the tub in between the tranny and tub. then hurculine it and be done. I dont see carpet being installed on this anytime soon. maybe later in life, when I have AC and new top that will be an option.
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

#7 User is offline   greentj 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

View PostBrian, on Oct 26 2009, 02:55 PM, said:

the reason why I want new, bigger drain holes is cause something ALWAYS gets stuck in them and clog. a tennis ball would have to cover those up in order to clog. and I dont plan on playing any tennis any time soon. lol

as far as the heat, I was thinking a heat blanket underneath the tub in between the tranny and tub. then hurculine it and be done. I dont see carpet being installed on this anytime soon. maybe later in life, when I have AC and new top that will be an option.

yeah i agree no carpet on a jeep! yeah a heat blanket sounds like a good option but let me ask you... what are your priorities besides going to corbett ASAP?

i know u got the gas tank, brake booster what else mechanical wise?
1997 TJ OlllllllO
4 banger / 4.5" procomp lift / 33" KM's BFG / AR wheels / 4.56 gears / e-fan / snorkel
tb spacer / quite a few lights / stinger bumper / cobra cb /

2011 KK []lllllll[] stock
My wife's daily driver

Think twice before you speak once... Renato

Daddy as of 09/02/10

#8 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

with all the water wheeling you do keep it without carpets because water and carpets get very messy.
Willy
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

need to find a brake booster local and cheap. got the gas tank, just need to clean it up, paint and install. oil pressure gauge isnt working yet, CB and radio needed. I think thats about it.
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

#10 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

:2thumup:
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#11 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

google what?
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

#12 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

View PostBrian, on Oct 26 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

google what?

his Google image is a link. click on it and you will be amazed :2thumup:
Willy
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:44 PM

:2thumup: didn't recognize it.
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic