JEEPTALK.net: Bluetooth Radio and iPhone or iPod - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1

Bluetooth Radio and iPhone or iPod Lets see your wiring setup. looking to upgrade...

#1 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

currently i have a radio that only plays CD's. Radio just doesn't work for some reason. testing everything and i think the radio is just crapped out. every time i turn the jeep off and back on, all settings are gone and CD starts at track 1. thinking of putting in a Bluetooth Radio to work with my iPhone. but if you own an iPhone, you will understand my concern with ruining it with mud or water. i am looking for some cool setups and ways to get around CD's skipping all the time over bumps and Whoots. :nervous: Radio wont come in on some places so i figured this is my only option.

i like this idea but with the top off at best or all windows out at the least, this iPhone would be COVERED in mud or water..

Posted Image
90 YJ 4.2 - 3" BL / 4" RC Lift / 33x12.5x15 TSL Swampers / Smittybuilt XRC-10
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Member: Square Headlight Intense Team
Member: South Florida Jeep Club
Always looking to get dirty…
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

"If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them"
"Dont quote me on anything i say from knowledge.. only experience"

#2 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

Get a radio w/ a hard drive and load it w/ a thumb drive.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#3 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

View PostJeepinIan, on Oct 21 2009, 05:20 PM, said:

Get a radio w/ a hard drive and load it w/ a thumb drive.

hmmm... wonder how much those go for..?? i got a $50 gift card to Best Buy. doesn't look like they have any there. i will check EBAY.

what about that picture above.. would i be able to just throw a thubdrive in there with music and it play you think?
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

"If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them"

#4 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:54 PM

:nervous:
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#5 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

thats almost as good as this...

http://tinyurl.com/yj3rskm
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

#6 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:45 AM

View PostBrian, on Oct 21 2009, 03:58 PM, said:

currently i have a radio that only plays CD's. Radio just doesn't work for some reason. testing everything and i think the radio is just crapped out. every time i turn the jeep off and back on, all settings are gone and CD starts at track 1. thinking of putting in a Bluetooth Radio to work with my iPhone. but if you own an iPhone, you will understand my concern with ruining it with mud or water. i am looking for some cool setups and ways to get around CD's skipping all the time over bumps and Whoots. :) Radio wont come in on some places so i figured this is my only option.

i like this idea but with the top off at best or all windows out at the least, this iPhone would be COVERED in mud or water..

Posted Image

Some guys in here have a stereo with a front USB port (like the one you have in the picture) and they use a thumb drive (as Ian said) to storage their music and play it. You can call it a cheap IPOD I guess, I have some how the same set up you show in the picture but the wire for the IPOD/IPHONE goes to my Glove compartment so it keeps it away from the mud ETC.

:scratch:

#7 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:06 AM

This is what I will probably do too. With the wire. I actually forgot about that little glove compartment. Lol
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

#8 User is offline   UTKJinFL 

• Captain

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

What's a CD?

I still have the stock radio and used a Peripheral PXDX to convert the CD changer port to AUX and then to a JL Audio SES to route the outputs of my nav, iPhone/iPod, CB, SIRIUS and Video. The signal-sensing feature of the SES allows me to set the priority of the sources which right now is set to Nav as top. So no matter what I am listening to, if the Nav has info (or I get a phone call) it automatically switches so the info or phone call can be heard and then switches back to the last source. It's nice on the trail because I can be listening to my stereo and if something comes over the CB I hear it through the speakers then it switched back to my music automatically. Since I have not listened to AM/FM since 2003 and CD's are all but extinct, the stock deck is basically a volume knob.

I can't show you pictures of the wiring since it's all hidden because I am a 12V Ninja.
MOAB Tested
2006 KJ Turbo Diesel
1997 4Runner w/stuff

#9 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

Well I have none of those thngs you do. Just looking for some pics and advice on an iPhone setup. Gunk I may go to bestbuy and snag a radio with USB port on the front. Thumbdrive or iPhone can be plugged in. Good thing I just thought of is that the iPhone would be charging if I use the USB port. Of course I need to make sure it is compadible with the iPhone 3gS. Just like some older docking stations, it might play but not charge.
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

#10 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

ended up ordering this one… it has the audio in port, aswell the USB port.. I am excited.

Posted Image
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply