JEEPTALK.net: Gun Question - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1

Gun Question protection

#1 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

I have a question that i don't know of 100%. (no concealed weapons license)

I am aware that while in your home U can carry a side arm, correct?

How about out in your yard at a public yard sale :shock2: :rof:

There are items that people may need to come inside to view and this is my valid concern.

Thanks,

P.S. 45cal 1911a :shock2:

#2 User is offline   XrayDivr 

• First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

i believe as long as its in plain site on your hip ect. that you can carry it with out a permit
president: jubicon express off-road

at jubicon express i'm not only the president but i'm also a client.

#3 User is offline   MrSig 

• Colonel

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:11 PM

View Postxraydivr, on Sep 21 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

i believe as long as its in plain site on your hip ect. that you can carry it with out a permit

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Rollbar call me so you don't get in to trouble..
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s
http://www.blacksheep4x4s.org
https://www.facebook...acksheep4x4sorg
Posted Image
Member of CCJ
White Jeep Club Member #137

#4 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

MrSig,

Why don't you just post the correct way (to do or not to do) for the benefit of everyone reading this topic and use it as a learning experience rather than a private call :shock2:

I for one would like to know. :shock2:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#5 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

View PostJim B, on Sep 21 2009, 03:33 PM, said:

MrSig,
I for one would like to know. :ya:

It's classified :shock2: :)

Thanks Sig, I won't tell :rof:

P.S. Good idea Jim but Mr.Sig has amnesia :rof: :shock2:

#6 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

Here is a quick low down!

Carrying

Unless covered under the exceptions, it is unlawful to openly carry on or about the person any firearm, or to carry a concealed firearm on or about the person without a license.

Exceptions:

Persons having firearms at their home or place of business.

Enrolled members of clubs organized for target, skeet, or trapshooting, while at, or going to or from shooting practice.
Members of clubs organized for collecting antique or modern firearms while at or going to or from exhibitions.

Persons engaged in fishing, camping or hunting and while going to or from such activity.

Persons engaged in target shooting under safe conditions and in a safe place or while going to or from such place.

Persons who are firing weapons for target practice in a safe and secure indoor range.

Persons traveling by private conveyance if the weapon is securely encased, or in a public conveyance if the weapon is securely encased and not in the person’s manual possession.
Persons carrying a pistol unloaded and in a secure wrapper from place of purchase to their home or to a place of repair and back.

Persons engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing or dealing in firearms.

Military, law enforcement personnel and private guards while so employed.
It is lawful to possess a concealed firearm for self-defense or other lawful purposes within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use.

You can do the interpretation. You will actually be outside of your residence, so it's a grey area. Depends on what law enforcement agent show's up and what judge you get if he decides to take you in.

This information isn't clasified :shock2:
Life is short, BOG it to the hub!!!!!!!
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#7 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

Here is what some one sent me who is a :shock2:

FSS 790
There are no restrictions for carrying a firearm on your own property, concealed or open carry.

I don't know who is right now.

Here is what another person told me on CCJ

That being said,you can carry that .45 on you concealed or open no questions asked, as long as you are on your property.Once you step into the public right away on the road though,it is technically a no,no.

Even at a friends house with his/her permission,it is acceptable to open or concealed carry on their property,as the same rules apply.

I carry anyway,but a few times around the house in the yard,my wardrobe dictated open carry. My neighbors just know that's how I roll,and they smile and wave.

I guess I just need to get a concealed WP but that cost $.

NOW GET THIS:
I seen on TV the other day a guy carrying a riffle on a sling in the middle of NY or some where on the street & they could do anything about it. I think riffles are under a separate category & I don want to be :shock2:

#8 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

Somehow I always complicate things. I just don't want a brother to get in trouble. I know most of the law inforcment around here, so I wouldn't worry about it. More than likely it would be dismissed in court, but it could cost you more than most would want to pay. I have a license, so I don't have to worry about it.
Good luck on your decision.
Life is short, BOG it to the hub!!!!!!!
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#9 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

I understand. Thanks Bro.

#10 User is offline   MrSig 

• Colonel

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:40 AM

View PostJim B, on Sep 21 2009, 03:33 PM, said:

MrSig,

Why don't you just post the correct way (to do or not to do) for the benefit of everyone reading this topic and use it as a learning experience rather than a private call :rof:

I for one would like to know. :amazed:

Jim you don't just give away your internet stuff do you?
If people need to know the laws and handling of a fire arm they should take a proper training class!
NRA FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s
http://www.blacksheep4x4s.org
https://www.facebook...acksheep4x4sorg
Posted Image
Member of CCJ
White Jeep Club Member #137

#11 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Banned

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:43 AM

View PostRollbar, on Sep 21 2009, 09:16 PM, said:

Here is what some one sent me who is a :cop:

I don't know who is right now.

Here is what another person told me on CCJ

I guess I just need to get a concealed WP but that cost $.

NOW GET THIS:
I seen on TV the other day a guy carrying a riffle on a sling in the middle of NY or some where on the street & they could do anything about it. I think riffles are under a separate category & I don want to be :click:

roll bar , if your really in doubt , just go get your concealed licence :nerd: also when you are at the class most have a very conveient book : the florida handgun owners handbook " that tells you everything and anything you want to know probably cost you about $20 .
also carried in most gun shops .

having your state concealed licence is Best .

#12 User is offline   Essayon 

• Private

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

View PostSkinner1, on Oct 29 2009, 02:43 AM, said:

roll bar , if your really in doubt , just go get your concealed licence :2thumup: also when you are at the class most have a very conveient book : the florida handgun owners handbook " that tells you everything and anything you want to know probably cost you about $20 .
also carried in most gun shops .

having your state concealed licence is Best .

I read all replies, but I still don't know if it is cool to have a open carry in one's yard???

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply