Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brake Controller

#1 User is offline   Hooterville T 

• Master Sergeant
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

I recently bought a car trailer. It is a 16 FT with a two foot beaver tail 7600 LB trailer. I have a 08 Dodge mega cab single wheel with the cummins. I need to get a brake controller for it and I'm wondreing which kind I should get. I have never had a trailer with brakes before. I dont use the trailer much but with the 6.5 FT bed on my pickup it is almost worthless for hauling anything so that is the main reason I bought trailer. Plus it will be nice for hauling wounded stranded or orphaned jeeps. Any sugestions???

Thanx T.

#2 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

View PostHooterville T, on Aug 26 2009, 03:29 PM, said:

I recently bought a car trailer. It is a 16 FT with a two foot beaver tail 7600 LB trailer. I have a 08 Dodge mega cab single wheel with the cummins. I need to get a brake controller for it and I'm wondreing which kind I should get. I have never had a trailer with brakes before. I dont use the trailer much but with the 6.5 FT bed on my pickup it is almost worthless for hauling anything so that is the main reason I bought trailer. Plus it will be nice for hauling wounded stranded or orphaned jeeps. Any sugestions???

Thanx T.

In my years of towing I've had 4 vehicles with brake controllers. I only have the experience in using the Tekonsha brand. Out or the four, I actually went on one of the vehicles with the fancy one that levels itself, all you have to adjust is the power going to the brake. :roll: It had a few other features but now it's sitting on my shelf because I sold the RV and now have a pickup who came with the Voyager which is the same I have on another vehicle and was too lazy to swap. If you are looking for something to do the job go go with the Voyager from Tekonsha. This company has never let me down in any of the two models. :scratch:

Btw, if you have not purchased one yet and you are interested in the better model I might be willing to let it go... for a price that is. :grin:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#3 User is offline   Hooterville T 

• Master Sergeant

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

View PostJim B, on Aug 29 2009, 09:26 AM, said:

In my years of towing I've had 4 vehicles with brake controllers. I only have the experience in using the Tekonsha brand. Out or the four, I actually went on one of the vehicles with the fancy one that levels itself, all you have to adjust is the power going to the brake. :roll: It had a few other features but now it's sitting on my shelf because I sold the RV and now have a pickup who came with the Voyager which is the same I have on another vehicle and was too lazy to swap. If you are looking for something to do the job go go with the Voyager from Tekonsha. This company has never let me down in any of the two models. :scratch:

Btw, if you have not purchased one yet and you are interested in the better model I might be willing to let it go... for a price that is. :grin:

I might be interested. What model do you have and how much do you want for it?

Thanx T.

#4 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

Not sure what I want for it but it's the Tekonsha Prodigy.

I really like this one and might swap it out for the Voyager since I already have two Voyagers.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#5 User is offline   Krocker 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

I suggest to sell the trailer is you are not using it and buy something that is worth for you.
best-selling brands of Rubicon Express and Pro Comp Tires

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic